Breel Embolo

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

CHELSEA IN FOR EMBOLO?

Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing Basel striker Breel Embolo.

Metro say in an exclusive that the Blues are looking into a January deal for the 18-year-old, who has apparently been scouted by Arsenal, Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona.

Embolo has scored 16 goals in 47 matches for Basel and it is thought he would cost £20m.

uGVq7oFKTtyYo8Tbv9GS_GettyImages-4845095

Amazing how every other clubs 18 yr olds are better than our own. Our youth coaches must be geniuses getting us to consistantly win trophies. Our maybe they just need the chances afforded to young players at other clubs perhaps? Give Solanke and Bamford a chance they may just shine or does that scare the hierarchy at the club.

Edited by charierre

Amazing how every other clubs 18 yr olds are better than our own. Our youth coaches must be geniuses getting us to consistantly win trophies. Our maybe they just need the chances afforded to young players at other clubs perhaps? Give Solanke and Bamford a chance they may just shine or does that scare the hierarchy at the club.

Don't be sensible charierre.

Yes, I'd very much prefer to see Solanke and Bamford over this kid to be honest.

If we sign him he'll probably be bound for Vitesse anyway and sold in a few years for a profit.

tbf i have heard the kid is a very promising talent, but then we also have musonda who is also a very promising talent playing in our youth team. we also have solanke an 18 year old striker, traore and kenedy. why would we need him? if we buy him and he comes into the first team squad, i think i would burst a blood vessel. 

We had promising centre backs in kalas, Omerou and christiensen, yet we bought zouma for 10m. I bet there aren't too many people ruing that choice now.

Players that come through the system, don't get the same opportunities as those bought in.

If embolo is actually going to used in the 1st team then I don't see a problem with it. It's not like solanke is going to get much of an opportunity anyway.

tbf i have heard the kid is a very promising talent, but then we also have musonda who is also a very promising talent playing in our youth team. we also have solanke an 18 year old striker, traore and kenedy. why would we need him? if we buy him and he comes into the first team squad, i think i would burst a blood vessel. 

Exactly. Nothing against Embolo himself, but if Traore doesn't even get a look into despite a great loan spell or Bamford / Solanke don't get a chance after banging in by the bucketloads at youh level its one of two situations:

1) Very demotivating for all those players that evolved and performed, but get shafted for another 18 year old who hasn't really done anything more than they have.

2) Very demotivating for Embolo once he comes here and it turns out he can't get any playing time.

I see nothing in Embolo that places him above Traore / Solanke / Bamford in my book, even if he is an upgrade on Falcao.

I think Salah is still a lot better than Jose made him appear with the limited chances he got.

I don't, was always the worst player on the team and was rightfully shipped out.

Should have never signed him in the first place, especially when we had a better player in Moses already on the books.

How many people heard this guy before? I better look him up on FM. 16 goals in 47 in the Swiss league is hardly outstanding, even he's only 18. I doubt we would make much profit in future if we need to make 20M payment upfront.

Edited by icecoolguy22

So he is like lukaku then?

Very similar profile tbh, I've only seen embolo play once against Liverpool, but from his YouTube videos, he looks to be better technically than lukaku was when he came here.

It's a tricky one really, on the one hand we have some great prospects of our own, but then United spent big money on martial when they had james wilson, and that is looking like money well spent.

Embolo looks to have a bit about him just going on those highlights, but I'd rather see Traore given a few games instead.

Also, if the plan is to bring in Teixeira and sell Remy... What happens when we discover the former needs a 'bedding in' period, having been playing in the Ukrainian League?

You're shipping out a 'proven' Premier League level striker for a relative unknown quantity, even if he has been playing Champions' League football and has very good stats for Shakhtar.

Embolo looks to have a bit about him just going on those highlights, but I'd rather see Traore given a few games instead.

Also, if the plan is to bring in Teixeira and sell Remy... What happens when we discover the former needs a 'bedding in' period, having been playing in the Ukrainian League?

You're shipping out a 'proven' Premier League level striker for a relative unknown quantity, even if he has been playing Champions' League football and has very good stats for Shakhtar.

I couldn't have said it better. I don't expect anything at all from him in his first 3 months.

I now nothing about this guy other than what has been posted in here, but I'm firmly in the camp of giving our 18 year old lads a shot rather than spending 20 million on another promising young striker that will probably spend a load of their time on loan.

Solanke, Abraham, Traore...give these guys the 3rd starting spot and watch them become 20 million plus players.