Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Arturo Vidal

79 posts in this topic

Chances of Bayern actually selling him are literally zero, I guess. It's not like they're stacked with his kind of players.

if we can get him, it would be really superb. we have been missing a superior box-to-box player for quite some time now, he would fit in our squad nicely
however, i wouldn't get my hopes up. to bring him here would require either him being super loyal to conte or we cough up huge sum of money

Edited by magichat

Chances of Bayern actually selling him are literally zero, I guess. It's not like they're stacked with his kind of players.

The chances cannot be literally zero, there's always some chance.
Beerqueen likes this

Oh Dicky I remember having that argument a couple of years ago with someone and they said "we'll see". They just didn't get "literally no chance".

dkw and lesblues like this

Vidal would be an awesome signing. Plus an established penalty taker.

"I have always said if I go to war I would take Conte with me. We will see what happens,” the Chilean midfielder told reporters.

Vidal only joined Bayern Munich in 2015, but he could be on his way out this summer following the departure of Pep Guardiola and implementation of Carlo Ancelotti as head coach for next season.

Conte few days ago:

And I would take Vidal [to war]. He's an amazing player... [At Juve] in my head I wanted to play with 4-2-4 and 4-4-2; seeing the intensity of Vidal up and down the pitch, I switched to 4-3-3 which is then transformed into a 3-5-2. He has extraordinary physical qualities and exceptional technical skills.  If I get to coach him a bit more, that would be fantastic. I want him on all my teams.

Rumors are resurfacing, 42m for Vidal.

I doubt Bayern will sell but apparently Vidal wants a new challenge and Conte is a massive fan. Vidal and Kante in midfield! :biggrin:

Nasty bit of business along with that other Chilean c**t Sanchez f**k them both.

I doubt Bayern will sell but apparently Vidal wants a new challenge and Conte is a massive fan. Vidal and Kante in midfield! 

Very good player. In fact the best defensive midfielder in the world. But after getting Kante am not sure we will be interested in bringing an older upgrade for Kante.

16 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I doubt Bayern will sell but apparently Vidal wants a new challenge and Conte is a massive fan. Vidal and Kante in midfield! :biggrin:

Oh god, they would run riot. 

Hazard--- Costa---Sanchez

Alonso---Kante---Vidal---Moses

Good luck dealing with that 

If we're not getting him for like 20m, I'd pass. Isn't he almost 30? I doubt he produces anything beyond 31 or 32 especially considering the kind of game he plays. Would be a waste to shell out 40m+ for him imo.

wallosh likes this

18 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

B.S. Rumour. But he looks like a tough guy. Will work well with Costa.

Poor recent injury record, will be 30 by the time he would come. Not for me this one. Great player though, just a couple of years too late, to make the transfer fee worth it.

On 22/12/2016 at 00:20, Barrettinator said:

If we're not getting him for like 20m, I'd pass. Isn't he almost 30? I doubt he produces anything beyond 31 or 32 especially considering the kind of game he plays. Would be a waste to shell out 40m+ for him imo.

Even 20mils is a waste...

Is he starting for Bayern right now?

To answer my own question. He's played in all their league games this season as far as I can see.

Doesn't look to injured. Doesn't look too out of form. Might only be a season or two but I'd not be averse at the right price.

Yes, he's a regular starter in Bayern. To be honest, there's no chance to see him here. Bayern won't sell him. Vidal-Thiago-Renato Sanchez this trio will offer so much to Bayern, Ancelotti won't risk.

5 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Yes, he's a regular starter in Bayern. To be honest, there's no chance to see him here. Bayern won't sell him. Vidal-Thiago-Renato Sanchez this trio will offer so much to Bayern, Ancelotti won't risk.

True, but if we do manage to sign him then it will be wonderful as long as Vidal doesn't stay injured all the time. He seems very injury prone which is worrying. And in all fairness, he is only 29 and for a CM thats not too old

14 hours ago, JJP said:

True, but if we do manage to sign him then it will be wonderful as long as Vidal doesn't stay injured all the time. He seems very injury prone which is worrying. And in all fairness, he is only 29 and for a CM thats not too old

For a box-to-box destroyer, that's old. They exert a lot more energy and power into the game than your average CM.

According to some reports this is a done deal.

Don't know what to make of it really, am sitting on the fence with this one.

If we do sign though, looks like either Fabs or Matic will be on the way out.

4 minutes ago, 1905 said:

According to some reports this is a done deal.

Who?

Can't find any report to suggest that myself.

Just now, Sindre said:

Who?

Can't find any report to suggest that myself.

Likely just paper talk as usual, although being quite forthright that a meeting had been held and an agreement reached.

Am trying not to read too much into it, as so much sh*t is published by the rags, plus am not personally fond of our club spending that sort of money on players knocking on the door of 30 years.

4 hours ago, Thebridge said:

He's quality and £38 million isn't too bad if true

It also helps that he's been coached under Conte (during his Juventus days) so he'd be very familiar with his techniques, tactics and man-management skills.