Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Arturo Vidal

4 hours ago, 1905 said:

Likely just paper talk as usual, although being quite forthright that a meeting had been held and an agreement reached.

Am trying not to read too much into it, as so much sh*t is published by the rags, plus am not personally fond of our club spending that sort of money on players knocking on the door of 30 years.

I see why you are concerned. It's conventional wisdom that at 29 players are at their prime or even past it. 

At the same time, age can be very deceiving. Look at Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, Iniesta or Pavel Nedved, who won the Ballon D'Or when he was two years older than Vidal!

At the end of the day, we have to trust Conte that he will only go for players that he thinks will make our team better. With his record at Chelsea I believe he deserves to make his own choices. Whatever he does.

BelgradeCFC likes this

Apparently he's liked an Instagram post linking him with the club. Taking it with a huge pinch of salt at the moment but i'd have him here definitely. Buying someone for the short term isn't always bad.

Bayern will make a mistake if they will let him go. Xabi Alonso is 35 already, they won't have a world-class DM in the team. I think those rumors are fake, Kimmich is still young and Vidal is one of the best in the world in this position.

I'd happily have him here, to see him and Kante together would be just incredible.

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Bayern will make a mistake if they will let him go. Xabi Alonso is 35 already, they won't have a world-class DM in the team. I think those rumors are fake, Kimmich is still young and Vidal is one of the best in the world in this position.

I'd happily have him here, to see him and Kante together would be just incredible.

I'd gladly have him here for the right price. Could turn out to be a Ballack type signing. Getting up there in age but puts in a very valuable 4-5 years for the club. 

I'd just prefer to not spend 2/3rd of the Oscar money on him. 2 years ago, I'd have been all for that. We'll see what happens though. I don't think Carlo will let him go.

he is 30 though. and the price being touted is a hell of a lot. if conte wants him then the board will do what they can to get him, but his age is a little concerning. he also had injury issues, right? wouldn't want a gundogan situation. much rather throw that money at nainggolan tbh, but conte is the boss. 

11 minutes ago, enigma said:

he is 30 though. and the price being touted is a hell of a lot. if conte wants him then the board will do what they can to get him, but his age is a little concerning. he also had injury issues, right? wouldn't want a gundogan situation. much rather throw that money at nainggolan tbh, but conte is the boss. 

There is almost exactly 1 year separating them in age.

34 minutes ago, enigma said:

hasn't vidal had injury and attitude problems throughout his career though? 

He had few injuries but not really serious, don't really remember him missing a lot of games in the middle of the season. He has also been in every world cup and Copa America. 

13 hours ago, enigma said:

hasn't vidal had injury and attitude problems throughout his career though? 

I don't think attitude would be a worry with conte at the helm, he's stated before that he'd fight to the death for Conte

Fantastic player but the figure being quoted is 56 million for a 30 year old...I have no issue spending big, I'm all for it and always criticise when people want us to bargain basement shop, but the question comes in what kind of player could we get for 56 million that we would miss out on to sign him...

14 minutes ago, candonga said:

How likely is this move to happen?

Vidal - Kante - Cesc

emoji46.pngemoji47.png

Can never say never though I think it's just as likely Thiago will leave (hopefully not here), if Sanchez or Griezmann join Bayern they may need to balance the books.

Edited by the special one

Can never say never though I think it's just as likely Thiago will leave (hopefully not here), if Sanchez or Griezmann join Bayern they may need to balance the books.

Makes sense. I'd love to see a midfield Chelsea with him on it and Alexis on either wing.
the special one likes this

4 hours ago, the special one said:

No, he won't. If they get Sanchez, they'll balance it by selling Douglas Costa for somewhere between 40-60m. Vidal to Chelsea (or anywhere else really) isn't happening.

Edited by Barrettinator

11 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

No, he won't. If they get Sanchez, they'll balance it by selling Douglas Costa for somewhere between 40-60m. Vidal to Chelsea (or anywhere else really) isn't happening.

I am not very familiar with Bayern's transafer stratergy but why would they sell Costa when they have a 34 year old ribery and 33 year old robben?