Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Arturo Vidal

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

I am not very familiar with Bayern's transafer stratergy but why would they sell Costa when they have a 34 year old ribery and 33 year old robben?

That is if they get Sanchez or Griezmann as pointed out in the tweet I quoted.

3 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

That is if they get Sanchez or Griezmann as pointed out in the tweet I quoted.

Still makes no sense. In a couple of years, both these players will retire/have a massive decline (since pace is so important for a winger), and bayern will be looking to buy not one but 2 world class wingers since they sold costa for signing a 29 year old sanchez. Makes no sense to me.

Just now, didierforever said:

Still makes no sense. In a couple of years, both these players will retire/have a massive decline (since pace is so important for a winger), and bayern will be looking to buy not one but 2 world class wingers since they sold costa for signing a 29 year old sanchez. Makes no sense to me.

Per a lot of Bayern fans, Costa isn't good enough for them. It's why Bayern are open to offers for him this summer. They can get 3-4 good years from Sanchez and in the case of a Griezmann, probably twice that.

Douglas Costa has higher resale value than an ageing Robben, and they also have Coman who can play right wing. As unlikely (or impossible) as it may be my hope is they'll free up a place for Goretzka by selling Vidal to us (to give Conte further incentive to stay?)

Edited by the special one

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

The UK has better tax rates on incomes than Italy, he'd certainly have more money over here.

Not when the club pay the tax for you.  Not allowed here.

4 minutes ago, fester said:

Not when the club pay the tax for you.  Not allowed here.

The highest paid player in the AC team in Carlos Bacca on 3.5M Euro's a year (67k a week). Even with the club paying all of his tax he would still earn more at Chelsea. I'd imagine a player of his reputation and skill would earn upwards of 150k a year at Chelsea, even after tax he would be better off. Fact is no player goes to the Serie A to earn more money when the Premier league is calling. 

1 minute ago, RIP Mourinho said:

The highest paid player in the AC team in Carlos Bacca on 3.5M Euro's a year (67k a week). Even with the club paying all of his tax he would still earn more at Chelsea. I'd imagine a player of his reputation and skill would earn upwards of 150k a year at Chelsea, even after tax he would be better off. Fact is no player goes to the Serie A to earn more money when the Premier league is calling. 

You mean they're not all money-grabbing, greedy B'stards?  I think I need a lie down to absorb that thought...  :biggrin: