Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, barak81 said:

Ironic.... BBC have been cought out on many lies. Some times it's just lazy journalism and lack of fact checking and some times it's just out right lies but they are not better then the red tops 

I would absolutely love you to give an example. The tabloids print lies in sport because they know they can, the BBC don't do that. The BBC are slow and when a story is up there is tends to be on the verge of being announced!

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Is he a bullsh*t artist because you don't like his stories? Just because he's positive about Chelsea sometimes doesn't make it untrue. Be objective.

Oh no, he's "positive" about Chelsea 150% of the time. Never a bad word to say even when the club deserves criticism. Tied himself in a knot to defend Jose even when we were 16th and made everyone who criticised Jose look like a petulant ungrateful fan. As soon as Jose was fired, he flipped the script and started attacking Jose. I know unnecessarily blue tinted glasses when I see one. It wouldn't be relevant if he just admitted he was a biased fan. The fact that he tries to pass himself off as a neutral is what makes his take on everything laughable. How's that for being objective?

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

LOL.

We have been doing this since the end of the last season itself.

Hell, this looks and feels so much like arsenal's transfer windows during their stadium building days. 

not really. we are dealing with juventus for one of the best players who they are reluctant to let go. bakayoko i don't know, but rudiger is in london (apparently lol) people are just too impatient and expect all targets to be signed within one or two weeks of the transfer window opening. 

37 minutes ago, enigma said:

not really. we are dealing with juventus for one of the best players who they are reluctant to let go. bakayoko i don't know, but rudiger is in london (apparently lol) people are just too impatient and expect all targets to be signed within one or two weeks of the transfer window opening. 

Is that wrong?

our board got the "out" dealings done and out of the way within the first 2 weeks or before (cuadrado, traore, Ake, begovic). Bakayoko, lukaku and a CB has/had been on our radar since the end of the season. Most of us knew we needed a CM, ST (as costa had been wanting away since jan) since the 2nd half of the season, so why the delay. 

I can understand dealings like Sandro taking time, but I would want the essential deals to be completed as quickly as our board completes the selling of youth.

NEWSTUE 18 JUL 2017

Antonio Conte has today signed a new two-year contract with Chelsea Football Club. 

The deal is announced as he prepares to take the Premier League champions to China and Singapore on our pre-season tour of Asia, where we will face Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. 

Conte said: 'I am very happy to have signed a new contract with Chelsea. We worked extremely hard in our first year to achieve something amazing, which I am very proud of. Now we must work even harder to stay at the top.  

1 minute ago, fitz said:

NEWSTUE 18 JUL 2017

Antonio Conte has today signed a new two-year contract with Chelsea Football Club. 

The deal is announced as he prepares to take the Premier League champions to China and Singapore on our pre-season tour of Asia, where we will face Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan. 

Conte said: 'I am very happy to have signed a new contract with Chelsea. We worked extremely hard in our first year to achieve something amazing, which I am very proud of. Now we must work even harder to stay at the top.  

I think a striker might follow in the next few days i have a feeling 

Confused. If this is a new 2-year contract, then presumably it runs out at the same time, if he was 1 year into a 3-year deal. Just a wage improvement, not any more time committed?

Just now, Zeta said:

Confused. If this is a new 2-year contract, then presumably it runs out at the same time, if he was 1 year into a 3-year deal. Just a wage improvement, not any more time committed?

It's just increased wages really, it's not an extension. 

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Did he not have 2 years left on his current deal? Did we just increase his salary without locking him down longer 

Seems to be the case. Obviously they wanted to do something to try and keep him, but presumably he was not willing to commit himself any longer.