Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Bollocks, Emerson was in the Roma squad before he came to us. If Kolorov wasn't in such good form he would have been starting. He's not been injured for months. How can he not be ready then all of a sudden when Alonso isn't availabe be fine to play two games in 4 days without any issues.  

Alonso has been poor most the season. Conte should have tried Emerson months ago. Changes could have salvaged this season but Conte refused to make them. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

He was in no way in near top condition.....Young, not tested here, new team, manager and League.........but forget all that. Think the pressure conte has been all season has been easy on him or the team? All supporters have their opinions but Theres no escaping our invironment is a bit sick....conte or no conte. Conte is gone anyway......no matter WHO we blame. Its just pathetic that we f**king never learn and keep repeating the same sh*t......

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

This thread has become the new Salah/KDB Captain Hindsight argument. Same sh*t different day. Agree to disagree and move on you bunch of boring bastards! :laugh2:

I give up, I'm out of here. Munk, can you let me know when the f**kwits pipe down, or better still, have been banned?

1 hour ago, enigma said:

whether city back pep or not, we have a 1 billion pound stadium to build. to expect us to be throwing large sums of money at players, i don't think will be possible. i do think the board have been shrewd with some signings. the problem is, people are too impatient and not willing to allow new players a chance. it has to be immediate success or theyr'e sh*t. 

I actually think the fans are willing to be patient. 

I think it's the club and board that are not willing to show patience which reflects on the opinions of the Chelsea fans. If the club was willing to support Conte through the re-tool of the squad and had given him some public support rather than constantly kicking the tires on other managers most Chelsea fans would have been OK being out of CL for this year while bringing along some young players next season and adding outside talent. 

Unfortunately that is never afforded to a Chelsea manager.

1 hour ago, Saaladin said:

I actually think the fans are willing to be patient. 

I think it's the club and board that are not willing to show patience which reflects on the opinions of the Chelsea fans. If the club was willing to support Conte through the re-tool of the squad and had given him some public support rather than constantly kicking the tires on other managers most Chelsea fans would have been OK being out of CL for this year while bringing along some young players next season and adding outside talent. 

Unfortunately that is never afforded to a Chelsea manager.

How the hell would you know that? Scolari and AVB were not only failing to get results they were failing to show ANY signs that things were going to change for the better anytime soon. Infact, there's only been one season in the whole Roman era were we won nothing but at the same time shown positive signs of progression which was Jose's first season back, and guess what? he got a second.

Edited by Argo

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

@Saaladin @atomis @brakeit Would love to hear your views on Emerson. He was signed 4 months ago by the board and Conte has only just played him. He already looks brilliant, whilst Alonso has struggled heavily this year. Is this somehow the boards fault too or can we just agree Conte is far too stubborn. How many of our other players that don't get a chance could turn out to be class, but Conte is too stubborn to give them the time on the pitch. 

He is sh*t. Conte does not settle for anything less than sandro or alaba or alba. and if conte does not get his targets then he has all the rights to not play the players as they are sh*t.

Also Conte got us from 10th to champion. Does not matter how much he has f**ked us up this season. And blah blah blah...

Wow some have really forgotten where we’ve come from. Don’t all jump on the media bandwagon, support the club. Spuds are supposed to have had a good season and have no chance of winning anything, again! Yes we’ve not played well and there are things going on behind the scenes. BUT we’ve got to the semi’s of the lge cup and F A cup with a chance of winning. We are one place below spuds, I know 4th to 5th is big re chmp lge. If you don’t have a squad big enough or good enough there is no point in competing in the competition.

On 4/23/2018 at 14:31, enigma said:

it's f**king bournemouth and west ham for christ sake. not to mention drawing to leicester at home and also drawing at home to a weakened arsenal side without ozil, sanchez and wilshere. embarrassing all around really and we had the quality to beat all those teams at home. 

Not forgetting the embarrassing way we limped past the mighty Norwich on penalties after a replay in the FAC ... :)

16 hours ago, Argo said:

How the hell would you know that? Scolari and AVB were not only failing to get results they were failing to show ANY signs that things were going to change for the better anytime soon. Infact, there's only been one season in the whole Roman era were we won nothing but at the same time shown positive signs of progression which was Jose's first season back, and guess what? he got a second.

Mourinho the first time around should not have been fired. The team needed a re-fresh. How do you fire a manager who had just won you 2 league titles back to back. Mourinho should have been given time to re-shape the squad. 

You mention Scolari and AVB but you fail to mention Ancellotti who was sacked in the tunnel at Everton. 

Chelsea is not an environment for any manager to come in and feel comfortable implementing a system, re-shaping a squad and using the club's young talent. These managers come in and have to bring results instantly and have no rope when changes are required and the performance dips.

11 hours ago, Saaladin said:

Mourinho the first time around should not have been fired. The team needed a re-fresh. How do you fire a manager who had just won you 2 league titles back to back. Mourinho should have been given time to re-shape the squad. 

You mention Scolari and AVB but you fail to mention Ancellotti who was sacked in the tunnel at Everton. 

Chelsea is not an environment for any manager to come in and feel comfortable implementing a system, re-shaping a squad and using the club's young talent. These managers come in and have to bring results instantly and have no rope when changes are required and the performance dips.

Well the main crux of what you said is Roman won't give time to managers if they dont win anything, well so far we only have one season in the Roman era where we won nothing yet despite that made positive progress which was Mou's first season back, and he was in absolutely no danger of losing his job. So the all be it limited evidence suggests that they will get atleast a second season aslong as they are keeping us on the right track and showing signs of progress.

16 hours ago, atomis said:

As mentioned......a lost f**king cause.

Careful, mate, or he'll be reporting you as a racist.  That's what he normally does, when he's not boasting about how much he wins betting against Chelsea.  Proper little old school "fan" that teenager is.

7 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Careful, mate, or he'll be reporting you as a racist.  That's what he normally does, when he's not boasting about how much he wins betting against Chelsea.  Proper little old school "fan" that teenager is.

I cant be the judge of that since I dont know the dude........but thanks for the heads up mate.