Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I just seen this on Bluemoon

So at what point did he lose momentum in his 3 years as Juve manager ? What this City fan is saying is a lie and wishful thinking for the future.

Juve season 1 - W:23 D:15 L:0 PTS:85

Juve season 2 - W:27 D:6 L:5 PTS:87

Juve season 3 - W:33 D:3 L:2 PTS:102

Clear regression on the cards, couldn't even get a second successive unbeaten season. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

So at what point did he lose momentum in his 3 years as Juve manager ? What this City fan is saying is a lie and wishful thinking for the future.

Lets see how pep does when he realises tika taka doesn't work in the PL and he hasn't inherited squads that win their league every year with no competition 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

Lets see how pep does when he realises tika taka doesn't work in the PL and he hasn't inherited squads that win their league every year with no competition 

You realise "tika taka" turned one of the worst Barcelona sides of all time into a world-conquering force, right?  

45 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think Pep needs to tweak his system or buy a bunch of new players.

didn't Man City just buy a bunch of new players in the Summer? :wtf: where's the tactics or strategies to make a difference like Don Antonio has performed to change CFC & that is w/out the money spent on new players.

Robbie Earle said it the best today about how Pep has been given the money & has this stellar reputation, but just hasn't delivered in the EPL. If I find the a video of that conversation, I will post it here.

Edited by robdog

Conte is well known for starting well, he finds it hard to keep the momentum season after season. Let's see how he copes next season.

Conte isn't going to go on 13 game winning runs over and over again at any club. There's always bad moments and somewhat of a revision to mean over time.

I'm just enjoying this while it lasts

didn't Man City just buy a bunch of new players in the Summer? :wtf: where's the tactics or strategies to make a difference like Don Antonio has performed to change CFC & that is w/out the money spent on new players.
Robbie Earle said it the best today about how Pep has been given the money & has this stellar reputation, but just hasn't delivered in the EPL. If I find the a video of that conversation, I will post it here.

I'm just saying what I think he needs to do. Also his control-based football needs time. It is not easy and so far it hasn't worked. He has a strict phiosofy and he goes by it. Conte's phiosofy is to take wins. It is different.

11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

You realise "tika taka" turned one of the worst Barcelona sides of all time into a world-conquering force, right?  

One of the worst Barcelona sides? So let's go through some of the players he had in 2008/2009 when he started: Messi, xavi, iniesta, Henry, Toure, Sanchez, puyol, pique, abidal, alves.....what a bunch of sh*t the poor guy inherited, must have been the tikka taka! Wake up mate.

21 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

One of the worst Barcelona sides? So let's go through some of the players he had in 2008/2009 when he started: Messi, xavi, iniesta, Henry, Toure, Sanchez, puyol, pique, abidal, alves.....what a bunch of sh*t the poor guy inherited, must have been the tikka taka! Wake up mate.

It's almost like an urban myth..

http://www.thesportbible.com/football/pub-talk-pep-guardiola-didnt-inherit-at-barcelona-he-revolutionised-20161019

However, I do think he's benefited a lot by lionel messi..

12 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I take issue with that, I think having the out and out best players in the world at the time turned them into a world conqueing force, not sure which era you are talking about but if you mean the rikard team that had Ronaldinio, Eto, xavi, Iniesta ot the Pep team that has had Mesi, who would feature in the any best player of all time conversation. 

Add to that the clear influence of TV money on the other teams in that league, it wasn't the same league of the late 90's with Deportivo, Valenica, Betis etc providing real depth to the league 

Just now, dkw said:

Terrible that Barcelona side he inherited....

03-04 2nd
04-05 1st
05-06 1st
06-07 2nd
07-08 3rd

terrible squad.

Also in my mind I awarded their 2009 CL win to Tom Henning Øvrebø. It's as illegitimate a CL win as you will see. And don't forget the RVP incident in 2011, I would say the ref's have been far more influencial on Baraca's success the Fraudliola  

Anyone see that Ballgue ballbag on sky sports, basically blamed everything and everyone at City other than Guardiola, it was embarrassing. He hasnt got the right players, they arent doing what they are told, city havent given him the right things needed to succeed etc...

If Ballague said the players aren't doing what the manager is saying he just basically said Pep is incompetent. He probably doesn't understand it but... Pretty much the most important thing as a manager to get the players do what you teach them. Football itself is pretty simple and every tactic has been tried.

55 minutes ago, dkw said:

Terrible that Barcelona side he inherited....

03-04 2nd
04-05 1st
05-06 1st
06-07 2nd
07-08 3rd

terrible squad.

It's just more pep blowjobs, he inherited one of the best team to ever play the game many peoples estimations, you could have given that group to Tony Pulis and won the same things, he is a good manager no doubt, but his teams have flattered him, Mou won teh CL with Porto, to me that reflects on the manager, winning things with Barca is good but you need more proof of your abilities to be credited as one of the very best in the world, he has inherited the best squad in the Pl, lets see what he does with it, so far, not a lot. 

1 minute ago, DonAntonio said:

It's just more pep blowjobs, he inherited one of the best team to ever play the game many peoples estimations, you could have given that group to Tony Pulis and won the same things, he is a good manager no doubt, but his teams have flattered him, Mou won teh CL with Porto, to me that reflects on the manager, winning things with Barca is good but you need more proof of your abilities to be credited as one of the very best in the world, he has inherited the best squad in the Pl, lets see what he does with it, so far, not a lot. 

What Pulis would have created a philosophy that swept the rest of the world aside? would Pulis have had even Real Madrid chasing shadows like they David playing Goliath? Would Pulis have picked up 14 trophies in four years? In the first season they were brilliant but could be combated with a good tactical approach (like Hiddink took against them), in the 2nd and 3rd season Pep truly stamped his mark on the side they were untouchable, the best footballing side i have ever seen and that does not happen by throwing eleven players on the pitch and hoping the superiority wins out, that happens by the work of a manager . The literal only way to get results against them was to hope they had an off day in front of goal and be clinical when you got chances (Inter first leg and even they benefitted a bit from the fact Barca had to travel to Italy by bus) or park a Qantas airways and pray (Inter second leg). 

Yes Pep has been a bit of damp squib in England so far, but he could get relegated with City and that doesn't take away what he built in Barcelona, it was unprecedented and unlikely to be repeated in our lifetimes.