Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

16 hours ago, brakeit said:

Big difference, but you are not reading, what i write. Look again at the column " working at pressure" and "no pressure at you when you not have good season".

And Conte is 4 time league Champion. He took Juvetnus team at 2 years at 7th place and made them 3 time Champions in a row, done the same with us, but we was 10th.

Want to see Simeone done that.

And yeah he was in 2 CL final, but didn`t win one.

Call it lack of luck.

And what exactly makes you think that the ATM job does not come with "any pressure". Did Simeone come and tell you that personally. Can you post a video.

Infact, I would say the chelsea job comes with no pressure. The manager knows he is going to get paid no matter what and hence can half-arse his way through the season like Conte has, all the while bitching and moaning about the club and the board. 

Has simeone or any other manager ever done that? 

Conte also got a squad which won the PL just a season ago and won the PL with them. That 10th season was an anomaly, not the season before or after, understand that?

How many CL finals,  semi-finals, lets just say quarter finals has conte made into? I wont call that lack of luck, I would call that lack of nuance in the knockout competitions.

It doesn`t matter how many semi-finals or finals you have, what matters is the titles. And Simeone has zero CL, so just because he goes to the final mean nothing. Avram Grant have CL final, and so what?

You see how i destroy your argument in nick of time ???

And 10th place finish is 10th place finish, that is. You can`t make it dissapear. We was 10th.

And this years players are worst then last year players. And players can be change in 1 year to a good player > to a bad players, just like happen with a lot of them.

Everyone knows Moses is a one single wonder, thanks to Conte squeeze out the best out of the players last year and while with most of them there was obvious lack of class, what keeping them was the form. But average players cna have such season, thanks to great manager, but they can maintain that form for longer then season or maximum two.

And there was a lot other manager that was go out there and said that and that. Even Benitez and Mourinho do this. And Conte was telling this things, before and when we was transfer market open, for obviously reason, to make the board do something.

If they was get him a striker he wanted in the summer, a lot of thing could be different.

But anyway just like i said, this topic is done for a long time, you wont agree with me, and i won`t agree with you.

I see enough sacking and f**** managers by this board, right now they are getting what they deserve, someone to said how the thing is inside. And that is good, otherwise we would have live in a delusional. No matter someone still live in delusion.

But i will be here next season and we will see if the problem is Conte. If we win the title or even be second i will come here and said i was not right and it was Conte fault. But i`m pretty sure the new manager won`t do miracles and we will have hard season yet again.

Did i need to mention i foresee this will happen and said it before the season start? Most of you was saying i was crazy and we will be okay, yep we see who was right. :D HF.

"Destroy arguments" :laugh2::laugh2:. So we are now comparing Avram grant who got one of the best squads in the footballing world at the time, to the ATM squad? Ya bro... you are genius. how do you do this. :laugh2:

And yes it does matter. If it did not matter, we would not be talking about it, would not we? Monaco's team of last season was ripped apart in the market because of their good showing in the league and CL. Similarly we bought 2 ATM players right after their CL finals and La liga win. A good performance by any team does not go unnoticed and for a team like ATM to reach the finals of UCL and be just 15 seconds away from lifting is a massive thing. If it was conte's team that had done that, you would have your head so far up his arse that you would not be able to see the light of day. Just like your 10th position argument. These are our league positions before conte came in 4th (2012-13), 3rd (2013-14), 1st (2014-15), 10th (2015-16). Conte got a squad that was a TOP squad. One of the best in the league but who had let the previous manager and the fans down. He got them playing again, so fair play to him. But understand this now?

If moses is a one-season wonder, whose fault is it to keep on persisting with him. We have one of the best RBs in the world, if conte does not rate zappacosta, why not give Azpi a try. You cant have it both ways mate. Stop trying to give Conte all the credit and blame the whole world for his absolutely horrible mistakes.

Just like playing cesc in a 2man mid week in and week out. Abysmal decision anyway you see it. 

I am sure we are gonna win it as soon as we get a competent, non-bitching and moaning manager managing us. I just hope you go where ever conte goes.

Conte wanted Walker, he said it by himself, the board bring Zapacosta. :laugh2: Azpi was not playing RB, even when Mourinho was here, not know how you decide, he is the best RB in the world.

And even if he decide to play him RB, you would start crying, why he is playing this or this player in the CB, where Azpi should be there, like always.

And 2011-2012 we was 6th. :biggrin: Then 2015-2016 we was 10th. If the team was so good, as you said, even without manager they would be atleast top 6 and this exact year City was s***, Liverpool was sh*****, United was s******.

So imagine how bad our team was. Let me put more arguments into this:

12-13 in the CL, we lose in the group stage. Juventus destroyed us 3-0, you know who was their manager at that time ??? :D We also get Destroyed in the Europe SuperCup .... And even lose the World Club ....

13-14 was the last time we see semi-final in the CL, we was destroyed by Atletico.

14-15 we lose in the 1/16 final to PSG and we was Champion in the PL that year

15-16 - exactly the same lose in the 1/16 to PSG.

16-17 - not played, "because by your own words we have one of the best squads in the league and top, top squad " :biggrin::laugh2:

17-18 we finish second in the group stage, fu**** by Roma hard, and we losed to Barcelona 1/16 finals again.

So since we won the league(by huge luck btw and by our great leaders) we are sh*** in the CL. So what that exactly told you? And let me put more weight, that is with different managers. So thats clearly speak about not good enough squad. That is clearly.

Same as our mixed result in the PL.

And whatever you are trying to twist, 10th place is a 10th place, f**ked in the CL same year, so NO, we didn`t have good squad, we was in very, very bad position and no one here or on whatever planet was expecting Conte to come and risk his BIO for a broken team, and no one on the world was expecting us to win the LEAGUE, so that is a pure FACTS !!!

Conte was even the number 1 favorite to get fired last season. And we was no near the favorite for the titles. That speask for itself.

So whatever you are trying to twist the truth, it`s not happening. That`s the reality. We have a broken team. Diego Costa wanted to leave right there. But Conte was the one, that convinced him to stay. But Conte is to blame, that Costa decide to make sh*** in the winter, and to do circus in the summer all over again.

And that 10th place once again was with 2 different managers.

So no matter what happen till the end i will be very thankful to Conte, that he took the team in that hard position, cause there was not much candidates to take that broken team. And everyone was speaking about board sacking managers regularly and the players doing what they want and not listen to their managers and sacking them as well.

That was our team, one broken team with players that are full of s**** and doing what they want and when they want.

Conte make the team last year, looks that good with his motivation, his tactics, strategy and formations, and by squeeze the best out of the players.

And now there is a news, that City is just a step to take Jorginho from Napoli. City are doing their work early, how it`s should be, and there will give Guardiola a 200m. for squad reinforcement.

They have the best team, most of their players are in great age, and will only improve, but they still back him hard, even when he failed in the CL by a lesser team.

That`s enough said. We always work our buissness in the market very late, when the price are UP, and all the quality is already gone .....

Poor, poor board.

I feel for the next Chelsea manager. He will be picked soon after he is appointed, and some "spec" here will reveal how bad he is and shows us how much they understand the football. :D

HF, that was from me.

17 hours ago, Gentian said:

Your argue that Matic was rubbish yet Conte won the league with him. So what do we do we tie his hands even further but getting Bakayoko instead which I think you agree that his level atm is below Matic. What you also want is Conte to smile and say that's ok guys..

Personally I think Conte is doing all of us fans a favour by stating that we need quality signings if we want to stay at the top.. and it had to be stated a lot of times for the board and some fans to take notice. 

Except I didn't did I. 

My exact words were "He was decent overall in my opinion" 

On 4/23/2018 at 11:05, yorkleyblue said:

I'm not sure about Conte, if I'm honest, but I find it interesting that the majority of the posters in here seem to want him gone, whilst the majority of the actual match-going fans sing his name loud and proud, every match, regardless of whether we are winning or losing.

I've said many times before.  Support the team and the manager.   That is all.

To be fair most people would chant for Torres but still agree we need to do better once away from the match. 

There was decent vocal backing for Conte on Sunday. I think it's probably reflective of how he has come across in the last few weeks which, in my opinion,  has been greatly improved. He is starting to look a lot more involved. The results and performances have picked up. There is suddenly a much better feel about the club. Good to see him wearing a suit again on Sunday, and showing more emotion that we have seen in months. 

Overall I would say the opinion of Conte from match going fans is as equally mixed as the opinion on this forum. I know plenty who have given up on him for all the same reasons that have been discussed on here. 

I have had a massive issue with how Conte has behaved this season, but if I genuinely believed that he wanted to stay I would keep him on. I am still not convinced of that though. 

I hope we finish the season strong, win the FA Cup, and then whatever happens everyone can have their head held high. 

@Saaladin @atomis @brakeit Would love to hear your views on Emerson. He was signed 4 months ago by the board and Conte has only just played him. He already looks brilliant, whilst Alonso has struggled heavily this year. Is this somehow the boards fault too or can we just agree Conte is far too stubborn. How many of our other players that don't get a chance could turn out to be class, but Conte is too stubborn to give them the time on the pitch. 

7 hours ago, Valerie said:

Totally avoidable. It just takes posters like you to shut the fukc up, stop going round in circles. Please.

Well thank you very much for your kind Words.....not that I have gone amok with it or gone circles.......football is a bout passionate, we all have ideas and opinions........some more than others

4 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

@Saaladin @atomis @brakeit Would love to hear your views on Emerson. He was signed 4 months ago by the board and Conte has only just played him. He already looks brilliant, whilst Alonso has struggled heavily this year. Is this somehow the boards fault too or can we just agree Conte is far too stubborn. How many of our other players that don't get a chance could turn out to be class, but Conte is too stubborn to give them the time on the pitch. 

You mean the our Emerson? The injured ermerson? Injured for hoew long Again? He had chances and wasnt full ready........now he is and is doing good.........Alonso may not have had a super season but still ok and added goals. Ohh Conte is stubborn.....thats the manager he is.....he will learn through......no manager is always perfect.

41 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I liked Emerson. He is smooth on the ball, quick first steps and has a very purposeful cross. 

When he gets rolling I think he will have a lot to offer.

I can see how fans would get on Conte for not getting him in the team earlier but I also understand why. 

When you have a team that is not performing and every match in your schedule has serious implications you tend to go with the players who have been consistently good for you. 

Conte knows that M.Alonso has been a solid player all year and to be fair, most of the times Conte has relied on a depth player to fill a role in our starting 11 it has not gone well.

See Zappacosta and Bakayoko against Watford. Cost us the game and critical points.

Anyway, point is I think Emerson will be a good addition and I liked the signing despite missing out on better targets for LWB. 

Also, I don't agree with the statement that Alonso has struggled this season. He has been good, but, has had a few poor moments. Outside of those he has been reliable and has chipped in with goals and key passes. 

Edited by Saaladin

31 minutes ago, atomis said:

You mean the our Emerson? The injured ermerson? Injured for hoew long Again? He had chances and wasnt full ready........now he is and is doing good.........Alonso may not have had a super season but still ok and added goals. Ohh Conte is stubborn.....thats the manager he is.....he will learn through......no manager is always perfect.

Bollocks, Emerson was in the Roma squad before he came to us. If Kolorov wasn't in such good form he would have been starting. He's not been injured for months. How can he not be ready then all of a sudden when Alonso isn't availabe be fine to play two games in 4 days without any issues.  

1 minute ago, Saaladin said:

I liked Emerson. He is smooth on the ball, quick first steps and has a very purposeful cross. 

When he gets rolling I think he will have a lot to offer.

I can see how fans would get on Conte for not getting him in the team earlier but I also understand why. 

When you have a team that is not performing and every match in your schedule has serious implications you tend to go with the players who have been consistently good for you. 

Conte knows that M.Alonso has been a solid player all year and to be fair, most of the times Conte has relied on a depth player to fill a role in our starting 11 it has not gone well.

See Zappacosta and Bakayoko against Watford. Cost us the game and critical points.

Anyway, point is I think Emerson will be a good addition and I liked the signing despite missing out on better targets for LWB.

Alonso has been poor most the season. Conte should have tried Emerson months ago. Changes could have salvaged this season but Conte refused to make them. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

35 minutes ago, atomis said:

What injury we talking about? He has been on Roma's bench since the 5th of November. 

44 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

This is a normal post. And how should be done.

But i will answer the question with question. For how long Emerson was injured? How many matches he have for Roma ? He have just 1 appearance and was as a subs in the last 15 minutes.

That`s the board work all season long. He was injured for long time, not physically fit, new team, new style, new country, new formation. Did he was even fully recover?

And i`m sorry but Conte is not stubborn. When he see something is not working, he changed. Only on fifa you can do it faster.

Lets see what i mean.

In his first season, he started with Ivanovic, Terry, Oscar, Willy with 4-1-4. We have bad resulted, then he quickly change the formation, and players. Terry becomes constant subs, like Ivanovic, like Oscar, and Willy was rotated with Pedro. He integrate Moses, who was expected to be sold, but Conte not have much option, put him in RWB position, then put Azpi in the back three(great one) and also integrate Alonso and Luis into the squad.

When someone form drops he is benched. But everyone can have 1-2-3-4 bad matches, you can`t expect everyone to be put on the bench after 1 or 2 bad matches.

That`s not how it works, and i don`t see any manager in the world to do it. Last season for example Guardiola played John Stones and Claudio Bravo to death, even when they make mistake after mistake after mistake.

This season he also rotate a lot of the players.

Our captain get out of the squad for Christensen, he also integrate Rudiger. But you can`t just start play with 2 new CB right away, and Christensen to me fu*** us in every big match we have. He made so many errors.

Luiz was doing sh** and get benched. He also swear at Conte in 1 subs, and thats the reason he is not playing anymore. He was Costa buddy, that could be a reason for his behaviour.

Bakayoko get out of the squad. Moses was rotated, but Zapacostta is just not quality. Pedro/Willy rotated and when one shows form he is played. He tried with false nine also.

He tried a lot of things, but you can`t expect to change every f*** week, that`s not how it works and it won`t works.

Did Guardiola change his formation from last year, even it was not working? Damn NO. They just become better and strengthen their squad.

I have 1 big critics to Conte this season and that is Fabregas and his constant playing. He is just bad, bad, bad, bad.

But Conte probably play him, because we don`t have other creative central midfielder. Drinkwater not shows anything and he is defensive minded, Barkley is always injured, what option did Cont have? Bakayoko.

So Conte tried 3-5-2-, 3-4-3 and with false nine. More then you can ask.

Mou for example in his last season here, did not change formation, neither player. We was playing the same squad, the same formation.

And can we stop with Conte. He is gone in the summer.

I just hope our new manager recieve backing from the board, tho i don`t believe it, and we will be in the same situation all over again.

City will back Pep with 200m. in the summer. Even when he have the best squad in the league by huge margin.

Jose will also be backed, tho he not deserve it.

My only problem is that the board messed big. Conte deserved full backing, and if he failed, then sack him, and you can slam him with right, you can then say and come, board give him all he wanted, like Guardiola and Jose, and he failed and deserved to be sacked.

That is my problem.

At the end we are all fans, and want the best for the club. I`m just tired of this sh*** every year since we won a title. And how we change manager after manager. Even Jose in his bad season, should have been backed and then the squad should be cleaned and then, no one would have dare to do sh*** again.

P.P. So he maybe in Roma squad, but not ready to play full match. Also he have just 1 subs time in the last minutes. For Roma,  isn`t that tells you what hes level is? He is subs to 32 old years player, that was sold by City ..... Thats tell you the whole story.

Also Alonso this season is solid, and scored 7 goals. Emerson did nothing so far to shows world class, neither here, neither in Roma. Thats the reason he didn`t play there or here.

And its good to be objective. In 99% of the sites, that scores the players, Alonso is our 4th best player to date, infront are only Kante, Hazard and Willy.

Edited by brakeit

1 minute ago, brakeit said:

This is a normal post. And how should be done.

But i will answer the question with question. For how long Emerson was injured? How many matches he have for Roma ? He have just 1 appearance and was as a subs in the last 15 minutes.

That`s the board work all season long. He was injured for long time, not physically fit, new team, new style, new country, new formation. Did he was even fully recover? You mean to tell me he only just gained fitness and was able to play 2 full games in 4 days when Alonso was suspended? Emeron could have/should have been playing months ago. 

And i`m sorry but Conte is not stubborn. PMSL. When he see something is not working, he changed. It took him 100 matches to try two strikers. Only on fifa you can do it faster.

Lets see what i mean.

In his first season, he started with Ivanovic, Terry, Oscar, Willy with 4-1-4.No wonder we started the season poorly only fielding 10 men! We have bad resulted, then he quickly change the formation, and players. Terry becomes constant subs, like Ivanovic, like Oscar, and Willy was rotated with Pedro. He integrate Moses, who was expected to be sold, but Conte not have much option, put him in RWB position, then put Azpi in the back three(great one) and also integrate Alonso and Luis into the squad. I'd argue it took two losses to rivals to make the change. The squad was calling out for a change long before Conte finally did it. 

When someone form drops he is benched. Alonso has been poor most season. Why has he NEVER been benched? Stubbornness. But everyone can have 1-2-3-4 bad matches, you can`t expect everyone to be put on the bench after 1 or 2 bad matches.

That`s not how it works, and i don`t see any manager in the world to do it. Last season for example Guardiola played John Stones and Claudio Bravo to death, even when they make mistake after mistake after mistake. Much like how Conte played Bakayoko and Christensen to death. He didn't want to admit he was wrong when he wanted these players. 

This season he also rotate a lot of the players. We're the top team that rotates the least in the prem. We have the least players with 1500+ minutes under their belt from the top teams.

Our captain get out of the squad for Christensen, he also integrate Rudiger. But you can`t just start play with 2 new CB right away, and Christensen to me fu*** us in every big match we have. He made so many errors. 

Luiz was doing sh** and get benched. He also swear at Conte in 1 subs, and thats the reason he is not playing anymore. He was Costa buddy, that could be a reason for his behaviour. Unacceptable for a manager to fall out with players for being friends with someone they don't like. Luckily this is just your opinion and likely not true. We've needed Luiz at times this season, yet he's been unfairly ostracised. 

Bakayoko get out of the squad. Moses was rotated, but Zapacostta is just not quality. Zappa has been better than Moses most games. Pedro/Willy rotated and when one shows form he is played. He tried with false nine also. Tried false 9 and even though it failed he persisted as he was too stubborn to try Batshuayi. 

He tried a lot of things, but you can`t expect to change every f*** week, that`s not how it works and it won`t works. Every week? Mate, it'd be nice for him to make a change once a year. 

Did Guardiola change his formation from last year, even it was not working? Damn NO. They just become better and strengthen their squad. Find me another top team that only uses 3 at the back. 

I have 1 big critics to Conte this season and that is Fabregas and his constant playing. He is just bad, bad, bad, bad.

But Conte probably play him, because we don`t have other creative central midfielder. Drinkwater not shows anything and he is defensive minded, Barkley is always injured, what option did Cont have? Bakayoko. Could have used Chalobah if he had given him decent minutes last year he would have stayed. This year Drinkwater is the better option but still didn;t get a look in when fit. 

So Conte tried 3-5-2-, 3-4-3 and with false nine. More then you can ask. Back 4. Now. 

Mou for example in his last season here, did not change formation, neither player. We was playing the same squad, the same formation. 

And can we stop with Conte. He is gone in the summer. Good. 

I just hope our new manager recieve backing from the board, tho i don`t believe it, and we will be in the same situation all over again.

City will back Pep with 200m. in the summer. Even when he have the best squad in the league by huge margin. I imagine we too will be having another £300m to spend this year. 

Jose will also be backed, tho he not deserve it.

My only problem is that the board messed big. Conte deserved full backing, and if he failed, then sack him, and you can slam him with right, you can then say and come, board give him all he wanted, like Guardiola and Jose, and he failed and deserved to be sacked.

That is my problem.

At the end we are all fans, and want the best for the club. I`m just tired of this sh*** every year since we won a title. And how we change manager after manager. Even Jose in his bad season, should have been backed and then the squad should be cleaned and then, no one would have dare to do sh*** again.

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He wasn't saying Luis was being benched as a result of being friends with Costa. He was saying Luiz was acting up because Conte got rid of his friend Costa. Could be true, who knows.

whether city back pep or not, we have a 1 billion pound stadium to build. to expect us to be throwing large sums of money at players, i don't think will be possible. i do think the board have been shrewd with some signings. the problem is, people are too impatient and not willing to allow new players a chance. it has to be immediate success or theyr'e sh*t.