JMaher94

Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

3 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

Well put...

Really I do wonder sometimes at where some loyalties lie. ?
I am Chelsea.. end of.
Players managers come and go and to a degree so do owners, but the club remains, and that's what I support.
People who leave the club with dignity (and are usually well paid) have nothing but my respect... But.... The moment you turn on the club for me that's It.
The list of people who I wouldn't piss on if on fire grows, and Conte will soon join that group.
He cost us a top 4 spot being spiteful and vengeful towards the club and certain players and I'm afraid that is not only unprofessional but shows a lack of respect towards the club and it's fans.

Loyalties? Has nothing to do with that.....

10 minutes ago, atomis said:

Ohh come'on man.....that is just a petty excuse by the Club to get one over him. This Whole f**king ordeal is not good for us, or our reputation.

Going uncontactable from your employers for 10 days when your needed is horrendous behavior, if i did that i wouldn't come back to a job and if i took them to court demanding a pay off i would have got laughed at.

Ofcourse it's not definitely true (were find out either way once court precedings get under way), but if it is then i have no sympathy with him whatsoever , sorry.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Going uncontactable from your employers for 10 days when your needed is horrendous behavior, if i did that i wouldn't come back to a job and if i took them to court demanding a pay off i would have got laughed at.

Ofcourse it's not definitely true (were find out either way once court precedings get under way), but if it is then i have no sympathy with him whatsoever , sorry.

Oh no I get your point my man......but I doubt Conte would do that knowing the grudge going around. My point is, lets finish this sh*t and move on......everybody and their dog knew Conte was a goner......yet we f**ked it up badly.

Agreed. No idea why we have to invite these kind of shenanigans on. Pay the man what he is owed and be done with it. For all the issues, he picked us out of the doldrums and won two trophies, one of which was a PL against all the odds.

If Conte really had the chance of another job then Chelsea would have let him go to avoid the pay off. There were clearly no clubs interested in playing 9 at the back, hence why Conte stayed at the club. Fair enough to sue us for the £9m compensation but anything over that is ridiculous. Just greedy. Hope he doesn't get a penny now.

6 minutes ago, fitz said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/antonio-conte-set-dramatic-return-12972993

Antonio Conte set for 'dramatic return to management with AC Milan' as Serie A club prepare to sack Gennaro Gattuso

Conte left Chelsea earlier this month and was replaced by former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri

Good luck to him. 1 fantastic season with us, and one poor season which ended with a trophy. No hatred for the guy, but a change was needed.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

AC Milan are in a bit of a mess nowadays aren’t they?

Long way away from the Shevchenko, Maldini, Prilo team they had. Where did it all go so wrong?

or think about The Golden Age of Milan back in the late 80's till the early 90's. That was the team to beat.

gullit%20milan-samp.jpg

Maybe Don Antonio can bring the glory back, but it will be hard. Just think if Don Antonio didn't like our transfer policy for him, he will despise what will happen to him at Milan.

Edited by robdog

It will be interesting to see what he can do at Milan. If he didn't like the way Chelsea or Juve backed him in the transfer window then it'll be interesting how he handles Milan. Aren't they in some financial trouble, or am i mistaking them for another team in Italy. Anyway, best of luck to the Italian genius.

24 minutes ago, robdog said:

or think about The Golden Age of Milan back in the late 80's till the early 90's. That was the team to beat.

gullit%20milan-samp.jpg

Maybe Don Antonio can bring the glory back, but it will be hard. Just think if Don Antonio didn't like our transfer policy for him, he will despise what will happen to him at Milan.

Just realized i just said exactly what you did... maybe i should improve my reading skills haha

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

It will be interesting to see what he can do at Milan. If he didn't like the way Chelsea or Juve backed him in the transfer window then it'll be interesting how he handles Milan. Aren't they in some financial trouble, or am i mistaking them for another team in Italy. Anyway, best of luck to the Italian genius.

Milan would probably need a 2/3 years for a Scudetto anyway even with Conte's remarkable skill of fixing clubs in crisis, so he will be fine then while he's "firefighting" against the odds. It's once he's made it up the mountain and needs to think up ways of staying there he starts causing problems.

Edited by Argo

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

Milan would probably need a 2/3 years for a Scudetto anyway even with Conte's remarkable skill of fixing clubs in crisis. So he will be fine then while he's "firefighting" against the odds, it's when he's made it up the mountain and needs to think up ways of staying there he starts causing problems.

good assessment there bro - should be a good situation to see play out in the long term

On 20/07/2018 at 19:37, chelseablueboy said:

Well put...

Really I do wonder sometimes at where some loyalties lie. ?
I am Chelsea.. end of.
Players managers come and go and to a degree so do owners, but the club remains, and that's what I support.
People who leave the club with dignity (and are usually well paid) have nothing but my respect... But.... The moment you turn on the club for me that's It.
The list of people who I wouldn't piss on if on fire grows, and Conte will soon join that group.
He cost us a top 4 spot being spiteful and vengeful towards the club and certain players and I'm afraid that is not only unprofessional but shows a lack of respect towards the club and it's fans.

The only loyalty in football is from the fans.

Managers and players are merely ships in the night.

I couldn’t believe the naivety of some fans regarding possibly our greatest ever player Super Frankie when he went to City ( scored against us), and was labelled a turncoat. He’s a professional footballer for .... sake.

30 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

I couldn’t believe the naivety of some fans regarding possibly our greatest ever player Super Frankie when he went to City ( scored against us), and was labelled a turncoat. He’s a professional footballer for .... sake. 

thankfully this was the dark web gloryhunters reactions. the experience at the stadium after the whistle was definitely the best one over the past decade.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

The only loyalty in football is from the fans.

Managers and players are merely ships in the night.

Remember being at that game and nothing but applause for Frankie after the final whistle. Likely only the tin pot fans labeling him that.

Loyalties, a funny thing. Us fans tend to stick with the same club yet for footballers it is different they need to earn a living. If they are not recognised by their club manager it puts them into a difficult position. 

I think it is interesting once they no longer need to earn a living from football to hear what they have to say. 

16 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think it is interesting once they no longer need to earn a living from football to hear what they have to say. 

I've always loved how many of our ex-players come out after they retire and say we're the club they connect with the most and support, even if they've moved around during their careers.

AC Milan Sporting Director Leonardo has come out against speculation about firing Gattuso & replacing him with Conte
"I hear talk of Conte, but this is normal. We are in the middle of the market and there is a top manager unemployed. No one [from the club] has ever spoken to Conte. There is Gattuso, who has grown a lot and we are going forward with him."