Which loaned players should we get rid of?

JJP
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

As you all may know, we have a huge number of loaned players currently playing their trade all around the world, and my question to you is which of the 33 players currently out on loan do you think have no future at the club and should be gotten rid of, here's my list of the players that surely have to go in my opinion:

Delac

Beeney

Todd Kane

Hector

Omeruo

Djiloboji

Wallace

Piazon

Cuevas

Pasalic

Swift

Chalobah

Houghton

Marin

Van Ginkel

Moses

Pantic

Atsu

Jao Rodriguez

Perica.

Salah

Cuadrado

Feruz

Alex davey.

Quite a fat list im sure, and these are the remaining loanees who I believe should stay either loaned out OR be recalled to our first team where I think they deserve their chance:

Ake

Baker

Brown

Solanke

Kalas

Christensen

Nathan

Angban

Musonda

Bamford. 

Do you agree with this? What are your opinions on this controversial topic?

why do we have to "get rid" those player? i don't think having many loanee is a problem at all. i couldn't care less if we have 100 loanees, because their value is increasing by the time anyway. this system generates money, which we need to satisfy our hunger of proven star. we don't need to "get rid" of them, we only need to sell them only if someone knocks on our door with suitable offer

the real problem is not the number, it is whether we actually can promote the ones that have potential

Potentially we have £100 odd million worth of talent out on loan, trouble is getting them sold.

If we could do that and invest in the first team it would be a start but I fear most of them will just be loaned again as that seems to be the cycle we run in.

Get rid of 90% of them and do away with our loan system.

It's become a hindrance to the club in my opinion so we should look at stripping it back to its' bare bones over the next couple of years.

I'm not trying to call you out and correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you defending the loan system last year as it gives us a large talent pool to pick from and makes a profit.

Has your opinion changed based on this season's shortfalls? 

I'm not trying to call you out and correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you defending the loan system last year as it gives us a large talent pool to pick from and makes a profit.

No you're right my opinion has changed.

After our initial recruitment drive that bought success from the loan army I'm just not seeing the results anymore.

Initially we bought in Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois and was willing to spend money to make money.

Now we're scattergun buying all sorts of signings, Hector from Reading as an example is just bizarre.

We're also sending expensive players out on loan and I'm not seeing the logic... Salah, Cuadrado as the main culprits, we're just using loans as a dumping system to free up space in the squad, Didgeridoo being the latest example.

This season I'm struggling to see what our return is going to be from the 30+ plus loans.

Ake is the most positive but will he be given a chance seeing as we've thrown £35m at left backs in the last two years?

I keep reading countless stories of loan players moves not working out. A lot of the lads at Vitesse have struggled for playing time. Bamford hasn't been getting game time at two clubs. Chalobah hasn't been playing for Lazio.

So basically what's the point?

I'm now of the opinion it's started to become a wasted resources a drain on the club that maybe we should reevaluate and perhaps look to restructure much like the rest of the club.

After our initial recruitment drive that bought success from the loan army I'm just not seeing the results anymore.

Initially we bought in Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois and was willing to spend money to make money.

Now we're scattergun buying all sorts of signings, Hector from Reading as an example is just bizarre.

We're also sending expensive players out on loan and I'm not seeing the logic... Salah, Cuadrado as the main culprits, we're just using loans as a dumping system to free up space in the squad, Didgeridoo being the latest example.

This season I'm struggling to see what our return is going to be from the 30+ plus loans.

Ake is the most positive but will he be given a chance seeing as we've thrown £35m at left backs in the last two years?

I keep reading countless stories of loan players moves not working out. A lot of the lads at Vitesse have struggled for playing time. Bamford hasn't been getting game time at two clubs. Chalobah hasn't been playing for Lazio.

I'm now of the opinion it's started to become a wasted resources a drain on the club that maybe we should reevaluate and perhaps look to restructure much like the rest of the club.

Just been going through the loan report and there are at least some good moves like Musonda to Betis & Christensen to Gladbach. http://thechels.net/2016/03/the-loan-report-march-1-6-2/

I'd look to see who we can get rid of from the 1st team before axing the loanees though. Would sell Oscar, Hazard, & Matic in a heartbeat.

I also wouldn't mind Cuadrado coming back. I like being able to watch a player and think to myself "hmmm, maybe I could still be a player".

As I have already stated on another thread, the new manager is going to appear a heartless so-and-so if he comes in and starts culling the kids immediately. Indeed, there is something religiously surreal about Conte arriving and acting like a modern day Herod - searching for Moses, then to his amazement finding him hidden in the Boleyn Ground rushes, having reached the ripe old age of twenty-five, before unceremoniously, yet symbolically, severing his ties with a parent club. But it has to be done, albeit without such spiritual zeal, although in some cases it will involve making a choice between two players at the same stage of advancement, as there are so many others coming through from the Development Squads who will fill those places. Cold-blooded or not, I would make room available by the simple process of reducing the number of loanees by around a third, retaining the youngest at the Dutch and Belgium holding camps at Vitesse Arnhem and Sint-Truidense respectively, then selling on others [that should have gone ages ago] and making those unenviable choices as follows:-

Sell - Matej Delac (23) FK Sarajevo; Papy Djilobodji (26) Werder Bremen; Marko Marin (26); Trabzonspor;  Juan Cuadrado (27) Juventus;  Victor Moses (25) West Ham; Mohamed Salah (23) Roma; Christian Atsu (21) Malaga.

Choose between - Todd Kane (22) NEC Nijmegen or Wallace (21) Gremio; Kenneth Omeruo (22) Kasimpasa or Tomas Kalas (22) Middlesbrough; Stipe Perica (20) Udinese or Patrick Bamford (22)

Retain - Nathan Ake (21) Watford; Jeremie Boga (19) Rennes; Nathaniel Chalobah (21) Napoli; Andreas Christensen (19) Borussia Monchengladbach;  Charly Musonda (19) Real Betis; Luca Piazon (22) Reading; Michael Hector (23) Reading, John Swift (20) Brentford; Mario Pasalic (21) Monaco, Lewis Baker (20), Isaiah Brown (20), Nathan (19), Danilo Pantic (19), Dominic Solanke (18), Marco van Ginkel (23) all Vitesse Arnhem; Bekanty Angban (18), Cristian Cuevas (18), Jhoao Rodriguez (19) all Sint-Truidense.

The retained group could then go under the gimlet eye of the new boss with a view to him making the final decisions on the immediate futures of those he feels are capable of breaking through into the first team squad, or have no chance of progression. The vacated positions could then be filled by the brightest prospects in the present Under-21 squad, subject of course to there being nobody of the calibre of Ruben Loftus-Cheek demanding fast-track treatment. Only Tammy Abraham and Jake Clarke-Salter seem to fall into this category, but realistically even they may end up taking the loan route, especially with the likes of Ake, van Ginkel, Christensen, Musonda, Swift, Baker and Solanke already staking good claims for first team squad inclusion next season.

why do we have to "get rid" those player? i don't think having many loanee is a problem at all. i couldn't care less if we have 100 loanees, because their value is increasing by the time anyway. this system generates money, which we need to satisfy our hunger of proven star. we don't need to "get rid" of them, we only need to sell them only if someone knocks on our door with suitable offer

the real problem is not the number, it is whether we actually can promote the ones that have potential

Well the problem is that the vast majority of them don't have the potential to make our first team, and the very little money it makes compared to the amount we spend on wages probably isn't even worth it

Couldn't agree with this any more. I was in a very similar position to you a few years ago when we were loaning out very talented players like Lukaku and KDB who were almost guaranteed to make out first team sooner or later. But the path we've gone recently has definitely been backwards signing the likes of championship players like Hector and other players who most of us know will never make first team like Djilobodji. 

Not saying that its a complete failure, because some of the players we currently have out like Christensen, Musonda and Ake have worked very very well. But out of the 30+ loanees we currently have out, I'd say there are less than 10 players who I feel have the capability to make the first team in the future, the rest simply aren't good enough. 

With the probably lack of CL revenue, the impending stadium and the current policy of only spending what you sell, I imagine our spending isn't going to be a high as others have predicted, I also think bringing a few of our loanees into the set up would be a great way of adding depth whilst we look to spend large on a couple of players so in my opinion we might see quite a few loan players introduced to the squad.

For me these players are likely to be;
Nathan Ake (20); having a great season for Watford, who have their eyes firmly set on signing him according to the press. He is a very versatile player which makes him perfect for a squad role and we definitely need more depth at LB.

Marko van Ginkel (23); Played a bit part role for Stoke, but is now really finding his feet at PSV, looks like he would suit a 3 man midfield and is a complete midfielder.

Mario Pasalic (21); Another all round midfielder who reminds me a lot of Ballack, and has been playing in a rotation role for Monaco, He would easily be able to provide extra depth in midfield, which is definitely something we need at the moment.

I would also add in a few extra youngsters if we were to make the Europa league I think this is the perfect arena to play youth and would provide some of the game time they need, however there isn't any point bringing them back into the squad if they aren't going to get minutes so for me they would be back on loan if we were to avoid Europa League qualification.
These would be;
Lewis Baker (20); A slightly more technical midfielder than those previous, and a player who I can see follow and benefiting from time in Fabregas' shadow.
Where I would send him on loan if he weren't to play here is a tricky one, I would say he has already outgrown Vitesse and somewhere more challenging is in order. I can't imagine many BPL teams would come knocking as he is lacking a bit physically and I wouldn't want to see another wasted loan. Italy would probably be a great league for him but I also wouldn't mind sending him to join Christensen on loan at Gladbach, with Xhaka (would be tempted to bring him here) seemingly on his way out there could be a whole in their midfield that needs filling.  

Dominic Solanke (19); Has looked very promising at VItesse, I would say his style is similar to that of Costa's so he would fit will into the squad, and be able to suit our style of play, and I believe he would already make a good deputy. If he weren't to come back I would keep him on loan at Vitesse and allow him to fill his boots for a season, and I would predict him to pick up the golden boot which is always good on the CV.

Charlie Musonda (19); Has looked like Real Betis' best player at times on his short loan so far, and is a menace on the ball, and I even think Hazard probably needs to study Musonda's game at the moment as he is playing with confidence and taking players on, a real gem for the future. Another one for who I would keep where they are in the absence of European football, he has quickly become a fan favourite and La Liga seems to suit him.

There are quite a few loanees still out there that we would still benefit from them being on loan either monetary or development wise.
These being;
Hector (23); a surprise singing in the summer who went straight back to Reading where he is continuing to develop into a very strong CDM, I would currently say he is of lower tier premier league quality and his value is definitely growing another season at Reading could be good for him but I would look to loan him onto one of the newly promoted sides as he looks built for the BPL.

Christensen (19); He is coming to the end of his first season in a 2 season long loan to Gladbach for which I see no reason for us to cut short he is improving leaps and bounds getting top quality minutes for a decent side, he certainly looks like a future Chelsea player.

Brown (19); Currently a bit part player for Vitesse and looking a long way short of Solanke, I think guaranteed football is needed for him next season and that will probably mean a drop down to the Championship.

Nathan (20); Looks talented and Vitesse seems to be a good level for him, he is currently only a bit part player though as he needs to develop his mentality. I'm not sure if he has a work permit or not so another season at Vitesse might be necessary.

Swift (20); Has had a very good loan at Brentford and certainly looks better than a Championship player, another loan at a slightly higher level would be very beneficial for him.

Boga (19); has show glimpses of talent in the small amount of football he has played, just as he was breaking into the side a manager switch halted his progress, but is slowly coming back to the fore. He has develop well at Rennes and hopefully with another season he would break into the first team. 

These remaining players are all still young enough to develop but will need to find a loan where they are guaranteed to play;
Pantic (19), Perica(20), Angban (19), Houghton(20) and Rodriguez (19)

There are quite a few loanees I would sell and probably a few some won't agree with;
Cuadrado (27, £18-22m), Moses (25, £8-12m), Bamford(22, £8-12m), Djilobodji (27, £4-7m), Kalas (22, £3-5m), Chalobah (21, £3-6m), Piazon (22, £3-6m), Atsu(24, 3-6m), Omeruo(22, £2-5m), Cuevas (20, £1-2m), Wallace(21, £1-2m), Kane(22, £1-2m), Delac(23, £0.5-1m)

Min transfer revenue: £57.5m
Max transfer revenue: £92m  

There are quite a few loanees I would sell and probably a few some won't agree with;

Cuadrado (27, £18-22m), Moses (25, £8-12m), Bamford(22, £8-12m), Djilobodji (27, £4-7m), Kalas (22, £3-5m), Chalobah (21, £3-6m), Piazon (22, £3-6m), Atsu(24, 3-6m), Omeruo(22, £2-5m), Cuevas (20, £1-2m), Wallace(21, £1-2m), Kane(22, £1-2m), Delac(23, £0.5-1m)

I  STRONGLY disagree with Moses if he is fine to be an impact player. As an impact player we really can't do much better. Direct, can penetrate defences, fast. Who exactly can we get that would be a decent replacement? We are sporting an inferior player in Pedro as a starter.

I also disagree with Djilobodji, as proven in Germany, but that's a lost cause here on this forum.

I'm fine with the rest you listed. Piazon was a dissapointment in the end, Kalas and Omeruo look mid-table defenders. I would give Cuadrado a second chance, but maybe that ship has sailed. Atsu needs to form a career elsewhere.

Edited by Jon Stakes