Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Radja Nainggolan

Quality signing if true. Will bolster out midfield and if matic regains form (please do!) then our midfield will be fantastic. Now add a top class no.10, couple defenders and a striker.

I doubt we'll buy or play a number 10.

A three man midfield with Fabregas as the centre, surrounded by Nainggolan, Matic, RLC and one or two others (Vidal maybe?) is dynamic enough in attack and defence to beat almost anyone in my opinion.

Ramires has done little since 2012, certainly stagnated as a player and we made a profit on him...rare bit of good business in past few years

It made sense selling him for £25 million but it certainly didn't make sense to weaken the club in January when we had trophies still to play for. 

Weirdly it was the club thinking long-term for once, but just go back and watch the first-leg against PSG and all that space we could've countered into. 

I can't really imagine Vidal leaving Bayern. He's at a side worthy of his talents, with an excellent manager coming in next season. I haven't seen any sign that he's unhappy at Bayern and I don't know why he would join us now, knowing that we won't be participating in Europe next season. Certainly if we are to sign Nainggolan, I don't think there's even the smallest chance of us signing Vidal as well (as fantastic as that would be).

That said I am delighted to hear that we are so closely linked with Nainggolan. He is a brilliant ballwinner who would bring the energy and commitment to our midfield that we have lacked since Essien was last at his physical best, while also having sufficient technical and passing capabilities to thrive next to [i assume] Matic and Fabregas. I think he is exactly what we are missing in the middle of the pitch, and in terms of realistic options I'm not sure I could really pick anyone better. The only real concerns we can have are the perennial worry about switching between leagues, and perhaps also his predilection for picking up yellow cards, although one would assume that the latter will be less of an issue in the Premier League than in Serie A.

Anyone can explain Nainggolan? Who is he, why do we want him? Can he pass and create or is he just another enforcer?

I've watched him for a while, since he was at Cagliari, and I can say I'm a fan. He's not the most creative of midfielders, no, but he can drive forward with the ball at his feet, has a good shot from distance and can pick a decent pass, not to the level of a playmaker like fabregas, but more along the lines of a box to box player. He's a real energetic box to box player, he'll track up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, and he's a good tough tackler. I suppose if we're looking for direct comparisons, I'd say Kanté at leicester is the closest out there. Or someone like Meireles. In fact I think Meireles is probably the closest fit, though Nainggolan has a bit more about him on the technical side. 

I've watched him for a while, since he was at Cagliari, and I can say I'm a fan. He's not the most creative of midfielders, no, but he can drive forward with the ball at his feet, has a good shot from distance and can pick a decent pass, not to the level of a playmaker like fabregas, but more along the lines of a box to box player. He's a real energetic box to box player, he'll track up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, and he's a good tough tackler. I suppose if we're looking for direct comparisons, I'd say Kanté at leicester is the closest out there. Or someone like Meireles. In fact I think Meireles is probably the closest fit, though Nainggolan has a bit more about him on the technical side. 

i agree with this description, although i prefer to describe him with a much simpler phrase: Ramires upgraded

with midfield 3 consisting Matic Fabregas and Nainggolan, i'm confident Matic can regain his form
i think the problem with him was he tried to do too many things in the match: defending, covering Fabregas, and sometimes also joining the attack
with Nainggolan in his side, he won't have to cover for Fabregas alone, and Nainggolan can be the one joining the attack so Matic can stay at the back to focus on defending

with midfield 3 consisting Matic Fabregas and Nainggolan, i'm confident Matic can regain his form

i think the problem with him was he tried to do too many things in the match: defending, covering Fabregas, and sometimes also joining the attack

with Nainggolan in his side, he won't have to cover for Fabregas alone, and Nainggolan can be the one joining the attack so Matic can stay at the back to focus on defending

Matić and Radja holding and Fabregas in a AMF position where he shines. That is if Matić finds his form from last season, if not were f**ked.

Reminds me of Wisey with his tenaciousness but with less playmaking ability. He's a great link-up player though and your assessment is spot on.

I think this lad is exactly the type of player we should have been getting years ago and I predict the fans will absolutely love him. He puts everything on the pitch, he's got a bit of swagger about him and he's a tough little bugger.

Making a chant about him might take a bit of lyrical dexterity though but I think he'll be an instant hit with the crowd.

It made sense selling him for £25 million but it certainly didn't make sense to weaken the club in January when we had trophies still to play for. 

I see your point, but I doubt having or not having Ramires would have made any difference for our chances of getting any silverware this season. The board probably couldn't believe their luck and wanted to sell him for that kind of money while they still could.

Edited by abramovich

I see your point, but I doubt having or not having Ramires would have made any difference for our chances of getting any silverware this season. The board probably couldn't believe their luck and wanted to sell him for that kind of money while they still could.

It's a fair point. I'm always banging on about the long-term and this was a good deal because it pretty much covers the cost of Nainggolan.

I just remember watching that PSG game thinking his ability to break into space would've been invaluable, but of course I doubt we would've won the CL anyway.