Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loz

Dawning of a new era on the Shed End

91 posts in this topic

And so I'd like to request a change of username, to Maverick if at all possible, which as many of those who know me would agree, does actually suit me quite well.

I think we already have a Maverick don't we?

Just checked, we do, although he or she hasn't been on for a couple of years. Maybe they would be willing to swap? I agree that it would be very fitting for you.

Thanks for checking, Somehow it never occurred to me that the name might already be taken. Maverick. should be ok though, same name, full stop included.

Droogba likes this

Great news Loz. Ive struggled with the forum for sometime now and pretty much stayed away apart from the odd lurk. Like you say it simply isnt the place it was once was. Having been active on the various guises of this place since 1997 it was sad to see it that way, but at the same time it was also possbily a victim of its own success, of which you and Mod played such a huge part.

Looking forward to coming back on here again, it was always my first stop.

I think I may have joined the forums (CSR) back around then too..  nearly 20 years.  Bloody hell.

If I had known he had asked G4 to step aside I would have never banned him.

As for the name change fuqueue, surely you've had enough names on here already. In the spirit of clean slate why not go back to your original one!

Beerqueen, yorkleyblue and mad_mac like this

I think I may have joined the forums (CSR) back around then too..  nearly 20 years.  Bloody hell.

I know Scott. Its crazy. Obviously it was the CSR back then. Silver Surfer, Dodger, Amanda and other characters i cant remember. It was pretty much the first thing i ever saw on the internet.

I know Scott. Its crazy. Obviously it was the CSR back then. Silver Surfer, Dodger, Amanda and other characters i cant remember. It was pretty much the first thing i ever saw on the internet.

Of course it was mate. ..

mad_mac, bjd, Adam and 2 others like this

As for the name change fuqueue, surely you've had enough names on here already. In the spirit of clean slate why not go back to your original one!

I always assumed he was one of your spare accounts. 

like brian m.

PloKoon13 likes this

That's fine with me if it's ok with you.

OK. I will sort it when home later.

Of course it was mate. ..

Yeah...erm....first thing I saw on the net too.... Erm....honest...blush...

mad_mac and Beerqueen like this

Think Blakie, Mike O, Glory 55, and BlueBeard were all lads on there at the same time too.  I remember BoulderBollocks (RIP) too.  remember when you replied, and then someone replied to you...the list would shoot diagonally off the screen if there was a lot of discussion going.

I also think back then I signed up to Yahoo radio, or something like that, to listen to game days on the radio (no live streams back then).  There was a chat function too.  BlueBeard and BoulderBollocks were in there too.  Boulder used to love going into graphic detail at the start of the second half about the sh*tes he had taken during HT.

Both BB's were fantastic on the old CSR, I likes the links etc too. It was the Chelsea forum I joined, and its still alive. Who's been looking after it?

If you could see me now, Loz, you'd be more inclined to believe I was a lad during the battle of the Somme. Luckily I wasn't, as I think I'd have caused much confusion, preferring to shoot the French rather than the Germans. And any stray scousers who might have been around.

Still, I can console myself with the thought that at the age of 58 I've got more hair than you, lol.

g3.7 and andy like this

Some great posters back in the old days, used to have such a laugh.

BoulderBollocks, Katznutz, Brian M, Jane, Rizza, Aussie Dave, Geezer, G4, Liam, Ossie13 (?), Henry, Gee Bee, Just, and so many more...

andy and yorkleyblue like this

Some great posters back in the old days, used to have such a laugh.

BoulderBollocks, Katznutz, Brian M, Jane, Rizza, Aussie Dave, Geezer, G4, Liam, Ossie13 (?), Henry, Gee Bee, Just, and so many more...

And Tim W!

If you'd been in the trenches, I'd have nursed you back to health, we would have had a love child and called it PloKoon!

BlueBeard and Droogba like this

I couldn't change it exactly as it would be a duplicate so have added 1905 for now - I can change that to something else for you if you want.

Can we start a petition to get Geezer back as well?

Ooh yesssssssss!