Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM7

Kodi

154 posts in this topic

I wonder how they would perform if you have 3/4 folk watching them at a time?

I sacked Sky off and got Virgin Fibre 100 for 35 quid a month.

We've streamed 3 devices at once in my house and it handled it fine. That's not the largest bandwidth they do either.

I sacked Sky off and got Virgin Fibre 100 for 35 quid a month.

We've streamed 3 devices at once in my house and it handled it fine. That's not the largest bandwidth they do either.

Did you do your free virgin upgrade? I'm on a higher broadband so mines would be fine but I only use the two of mine and only 1 at a time due to only having a 7 moth old. (wont need to worry for a while yet!)

Did you do your free virgin upgrade? I'm on a higher broadband so mines would be fine but I only use the two of mine and only 1 at a time due to only having a 7 moth old. (wont need to worry for a while yet!)

Wasn't aware of any offer? I've been with Virgin 4 months now and went straight for the 100 package.

Have to say it is little wonder they always win ISP of the year, it always clocks just over 100 on the speed test.

Wasn't aware of any offer? I've been with Virgin 4 months now and went straight for the 100 package.

Have to say it is little wonder they always win ISP of the year, it always clocks just over 100 on the speed test.

It was an online thing, you got a free speed upgrade by just going into your account and selecting the speed boost. That was a few months back though so not sure if it's still going.

My mate came over yesterday & installed Wookie on my Kodi on my smart tv, its quality better streams & so many different channels to choose from.

(dont ask me any technical questions because i havent got a clue lol)

Ok - I failed to do what Zola told me do and clear the cache with the result we needed to factory reset and start again with our firestick.  And now I can't find how to reinstall kodi.   I've gone through the old thread and it doesn't work from that link - I can get as far as downloading but it won't install.

Please help! 

p.s. not a good day technology for me is it?

So can someone help me understand something, if I buy an Amazon Fire stick, I can install Kodi onto it and plug it into my non-smart tv and watch Kodi as I normally would on via my laptop? That right?

So can someone help me understand something, if I buy an Amazon Fire stick, I can install Kodi onto it and plug it into my non-smart tv and watch Kodi as I normally would on via my laptop? That right?

Yep.

Ok - I failed to do what Zola told me do and clear the cache with the result we needed to factory reset and start again with our firestick.  And now I can't find how to reinstall kodi.   I've gone through the old thread and it doesn't work from that link - I can get as far as downloading but it won't install.

Please help! 

p.s. not a good day technology for me is it?

https://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi-amazon-fire-tv/

So after today's relation about Firestick, I'm thinking of getting rid of my TV package and just having broadband. I'll buy a stick and use Netflix and Kodi. I rarely use my TiVo for just watching tv and tend to use catch up.

Is there any difference between Firestick and Chromecast? Anyone recommend either one for Kodi and Netflix.

So after today's relation about Firestick, I'm thinking of getting rid of my TV package and just having broadband. I'll buy a stick and use Netflix and Kodi. I rarely use my TiVo for just watching tv and tend to use catch up.

Is there any difference between Firestick and Chromecast? Anyone recommend either one for Kodi and Netflix.

Chromecast doesn't work the same way as a firestick.

Chromecast is used for casting media from a device to TV. For instance if I am watching youtube on my phone, I can beam it to my TV instead. You can't run anything directly from it though like you can a firestick.

Genesis is now done, won't be updated going forward so the links will all drop off.

Specto now the add on for TV and Movies.

Sorry I meant Exodus is done, Genesis went a while ago.

Yeah the developer for whatever reason decides that they won't be updating the add on, and it dies.

Specto has taken the Exodus code though, a new developer, looks the same, but has more HD links from an early glance.

Genesis still works.

I got a HD Game of Thrones episode 5 link yesterday.

Exodus has been shot for weeks.

I've been using exodus ok up until the weekend when my stick froze and I had to reset it. I've reinstalled ko do but still have to do the rest.

I was using Exodus last night for Game of Thrones, worked fine !

I get no working links message when I try it.

Genesis seems to give me the best GOT for some reason? I might try that new one suggested above.

Reinstalled exodus last night and like Chelsbear got no working links.  Installed Specto and it seemed to work but the stream kept slowing down and crashing.  Will try it again but has anyone else got any other advice on what to install?  My stick at the moment is pretty empty and I can't remember what I had on there before and where I got it from!