Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JM7

Kodi

157 posts in this topic

As a technophobe I've been reluctant to subject myself to yet another gadget but finally caved in and bought a Kodi box.

I've only had it a couple of days but first impressions so far have been positive. Now if I could just find an idiot proof way of running it in conjunction with my surround sound system. There are a number of tutorials out there on the web but my eyes tend to glaze over reading most of them.

I've been pleased with the picture quality when watching films but I think my poor broadband speeds ( about 15 Mb/s ) is going to limit things when watching live football. I watched our cup game this afternoon and picture quality was just about watchable...at least there was no buffering.

Hoping to learn as I go along but so far, not too bad.

robdog likes this

2 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

As a technophobe I've been reluctant to subject myself to yet another gadget but finally caved in and bought a Kodi box.

I've only had it a couple of days but first impressions so far have been positive. Now if I could just find an idiot proof way of running it in conjunction with my surround sound system. There are a number of tutorials out there on the web but my eyes tend to glaze over reading most of them.

I've been pleased with the picture quality when watching films but I think my poor broadband speeds ( about 15 Mb/s ) is going to limit things when watching live football. I watched our cup game this afternoon and picture quality was just about watchable...at least there was no buffering.

Hoping to learn as I go along but so far, not too bad.

don't worry mate - I am a computer geek & I am continuing to find ways to tweak my Kodi setup for optimal uses. So keep up the cause & let us know if you have any other breakthroughs in your kodi usage

WeatherMan likes this

29 minutes ago, robdog said:

don't worry mate - I am a computer geek & I am continuing to find ways to tweak my Kodi setup for optimal uses. So keep up the cause & let us know if you have any other breakthroughs in your kodi usage

Cheers RobDog but strewth don't rely on me for breakthroughs mate, I'm just pleased to have got it working in the first place. Any tips and advice welcome. :JC_doubleup:

robdog likes this

52 minutes ago, WeatherMan said:

Cheers RobDog but strewth don't rely on me for breakthroughs mate, I'm just pleased to have got it working in the first place. Any tips and advice welcome. :JC_doubleup:

I am personally scouring/searching the internet for ideas - also I have a wealth of users close by me to give me tips - like using Real Debrid or using private vpns to enhance the streaming experience

WeatherMan likes this

I've been trying to watch the new Mystery Science Theater episodes from Netflix but I can never find any sources, which is strange since they're quiet new and popular. I have Exodus and SALTS and a Real Debrid account but still no sauces. Anybody else having the same problem?

Whats the best add-on people are using for football at the moment, I used to use NJM Soccer but hasn't been working well recently. 

7 hours ago, daledotman said:

Whats the best add-on people are using for football at the moment, I used to use NJM Soccer but hasn't been working well recently. 

I use plexus so you can play acestream and sopcast links. Phoenix sports has pretty reliable links,  I used to use castaway but that's hit and miss at the moment. 

If you can't get plexus working for whatever reason. UK turk is good for flash streams.