Alvaro Morata

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, abramovich said:

Until we see Bakayoko and Rudiger in action I wouldn't go as far as saying we've got an upgrade. Neither is a world class player at the moment. It's not like we've just signed Verratti and Bonucci.

I've got nothing against either and hope both do well for us, I'm just sayng we've bought potential, not a finished article.

It's not like we've signed Cygan and Carlton palmer either but I take your point.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

With the amount of crap Di Marzio comes out with on a daily basis, i'm shocked how anybody can still view him as a credible source.

English journalists are saying the same Morata is Conte's first choice, Chelsea will make their move once they are in a stronger position to negotiate 

1 minute ago, pacquiao said:

English journalists are saying the same Morata is Conte's first choice, Chelsea will make their move once they are in a stronger position to negotiate 

They were all saying we were after Aguero for last two days, now they have suddenly switched back to Morata. We could be going for Morata, but they don't know as much as they claim to know, they clearly know very little. If they knew so much, then they wouldn't have linked us to nearly every top striker going in the last month.

They are guessing and hoping one of these names will turn out to be correct. It happens every season.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

They were all saying we were after Aguero for last two days, now they have suddenly switched back to Morata. We could be going for Morata, but they don't know as much as they claim to know, they clearly know very little. If they knew so much, then they wouldn't have linked us to nearly every top striker going in the last month.

They are guessing and hoping one of these names will turn out to be correct. It happens every season.

Because that's the information they are getting, Chelsea wants them to link us with these players, make it look like we have options when in reality we only want Morata.

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

How I long for the days when the newspapers and television told us what HAD happened,rather than trying to look good by telling us what was going to happen.

still doesn't make any sense to me as to why our position to negotiate will change for the better.

real madrid still has their castilla super sub who can change games from the bench. why would they give up that asset easier than they could?

my only logical conclusion points towards real madrid getting more leverage in negotiating for morata as our desperation increases.

(i think morata will struggle as a lone, 50 games week in week out, striker anyway, so i'm not too bothered if we don't splash the cash on him).

Edited by opinionsarelike

13 minutes ago, opinionsarelike said:

still doesn't make any sense to me as to why our position to negotiate will change for the better.

real madrid still has their castilla super sub who can change games from the bench. why would they give up that asset easier than they could?

my only logical conclusion points towards real madrid getting more leverage in negotiating for morata as our desperation increases.

(i think morata will struggle as a lone, 50 games week in week out, striker anyway, so i'm not too bothered if we don't splash the cash on him).

From what i see, they're trying to raise funds for Mbappe. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

to be fair, that's gotta fall on conte IF the texts are true (which we don't know) and it puts the board in a difficult place because not only will we now have to lose money on costa, we also need to find a replacement because he doesn't want to return. 

Absolutely. IF the texts are real its a bad look for Conte. 

1 hour ago, opinionsarelike said:

how will chelseas position to negotiate change?

Because once Milan sign a striker either Aubameyang or Belotti most likely then that leaves Chelsea as the only top team with money who need him, so if Madrid wants to sell Morata which I think they will because they really want Mbappe, then they only have one team left and Chelsea will just say to them we have other options so if you don't lower your price we will go elsewhere, so if Perez is looking to sell him, he will have to lower his price to suit Chelsea 

Edited by pacquiao

Real doesn`t have money problem. They can sign who they want. It`s easy as that. They don`t depend on us, to spend the money on Morata, so they can spend the money on someone else. That`s b.s.

And i don`t think they will get Mbappe this season. His price can`t go any higher, they probably speak with the player and tell him, they will come to him next year, so the other team can`t get him.

And even if they get Mbappe, they still may not want to sell Morata.

Zidane is happy with Morata, Morata also doesn`t rush to leave Madrid. This one is very hard to happen.
The easiest transfer was Lukaku, we should have give the Everton 80mln. + 15 on bonuses and get the best possible Striker we could.

Morata is not better, Belotti too, Aubameyang is too old. Thats the reality.

Lukaku is the type of striker, which will give you 20 goals.

Morata average goals in the league is 8-9 goals, you won`t win the leage that way. We need striker who score a lot against smaller teams and win you this matches. Just what Costa did last year. That it.

The board f**** hard with Lukaku and now make our and Conte life very hard.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Same every year, numpties believe some random on Twitter when they say we're signing random player, then when we don't they blame the board/coach for not signing them. Every f**king year.....

14 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Real doesn`t have money problem. They can sign who they want. It`s easy as that. They don`t depend on us, to spend the money on Morata, so they can spend the money on someone else. That`s b.s.

And i don`t think they will get Mbappe this season. His price can`t go any higher, they probably speak with the player and tell him, they will come to him next year, so the other team can`t get him.

Zidane is happy with Morata, Morata also doesn`t rush to leave Madrid. This one is very hard to happen.
The easiest transfer was Lukaku, we should have give the Everton 80mln. + 15 on bonuses and get the best possible Striker we could.

Morata average goals in the league is 8-9 goals, you won`t win the leage that way. We need striker who score a lot against smaller teams and win you this matches. Just what Costa did last year. That it.

With FFP now, even with the huge sponsorship at Madrid, you need to sell a certain amount to be able to buy. 

34 minutes ago, brakeit said:

No if Madrid want to spend on Mbappe they need to sell Morata and you're wrong Morata will push for a move he is 24 and doesn't want to sit on the bench anymore, he wants to be starting for Spain at the World Cup. Once Milan sign Belotti for example then for Madrid to make that big signing its only natural for them to sell Morata, as he isn't a starter and Chelsea will be the only team left, and Marca are now reporting Real Madrid have already lowered their asking price i wouldn't be surprised if we get him for 60-65M now.

I don't care about what people say about comparisons to Lukaku or Auba, I just want Chelsea to go all out for Morata. I don't care if we end up spending £70m, this whole issue wouldn't have been a problem if we just kept Costa, so either we end up going into the season embarrassed that we didn't get a good enough replacement for Costa or we go in embarrassed that we paid too much for Morata and personally, I prefer the latter embarrassment. 
I don't think we're in a situation where we can pick and choose which of Morata, Auba or Belotti we prefer, time is ruining out and we need to get one of them and it looks like Auba is staying and Milan is getting Belotti. 

Edited by TomCFC85

3 minutes ago, BleedChelseaBlue said:

Money is no object for these big clubs...pay Real what they want there's no point in balking over 10 or 15 mil which is a cup of coffee. We need a striker assuming Diego is out and unless Conte is truly a genius and figures bats is the next Drogba I'm not sure what we're waiting for 

It honestly boggles my mind, didn't we make like £18m at least off selling both Traore and Solanke?
Here's me thinking that money would be put to use. 

5 minutes ago, BleedChelseaBlue said:

Money is no object for these big clubs...pay Real what they want there's no point in balking over 10 or 15 mil which is a cup of coffee. We need a striker assuming Diego is out and unless Conte is truly a genius and figures bats is the next Drogba I'm not sure what we're waiting for 

We are waiting for Milan to sign a striker