Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sheva

Alvaro Morata

Hope we go for Lukaku instead of this guy. If Costa leaves though i wouldn't be surprised to see us going after both of them.

But Lukaku is definitly better, he still hasn't signed an extension with Everton eighter and would clearly like to return here. 

Lukaku is premier league proven, but worry he'll go missing in the CL when we would need someone to take the game by scruff of the neck. Need to keep Costa at all costs, otherwise we'll struggle to replace him. 

Scored tonight, good strikers finish reacting to the loose ball.

I'd be quite happy if we brought him in, he's only going to get better.

I still have concerns that Lukaku hasn't done it in the CL yet and will no doubt cost an arm and a leg to bring to the club. Although saying that I would be pretty happy if we brought him back as well.

I've been watching more of Morata this year and while I think he's an excellent attacker, I don't know if he's the striker that we need, or if he's a direct replacement for Diego Costa.

One of the things we will lose if Costa leaves is a more-or-less clinical finisher who will get 25-30 goals per season. 

Morata doesn't strike me as exceptionally clinical nor much of a finisher in general. He is an excellent creator  both on and off the ball, and he would fit leading the line to a tee, but if we sign him we would also need to sign a guaranteed goal threat. He's a good goalscorer, he scores in important games, but we need someone who can score regularly against Bournemouth, Stoke and Newcastle away just as much as we need someone to score against Arsenal in the FA Cup. Perhaps he's a little like Karim Benzema in that he's a perfect "glue" for an attacking trident, but not capable of being the main goalscorer.

7 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I've been watching more of Morata this year and while I think he's an excellent attacker, I don't know if he's the striker that we need, or if he's a direct replacement for Diego Costa.

One of the things we will lose if Costa leaves is a more-or-less clinical finisher who will get 25-30 goals per season. 

Morata doesn't strike me as exceptionally clinical nor much of a finisher in general. He is an excellent creator  both on and off the ball, and he would fit leading the line to a tee, but if we sign him we would also need to sign a guaranteed goal threat. He's a good goalscorer, he scores in important games, but we need someone who can score regularly against Bournemouth, Stoke and Newcastle away just as much as we need someone to score against Arsenal in the FA Cup. Perhaps he's a little like Karim Benzema in that he's a perfect "glue" for an attacking trident, but not capable of being the main goalscorer.

I think Morata could get close to 20 goals for us in a season, if given the same amount of minutes Lukaku & Costa gets. I agree about him being a good fit for an attacking trident though. Thats why I have a small hope of us buying Morata & Sanchez, instead of an overpriced Lukaku. 

Lukaku:

2014/15 : goals 10 : minutes 2872  : min/goal : 287,2  ||| Assist : 5 : min/goal&assist : 191,46
2015/16 : goals 18 : minutes 3170  : min/goal : 176,1  ||| Assist : 6 : min/goal&assist : 132.08
2016/17 : goals 20 : minutes 2366  : min/goal : 118,3  ||| Assist : 6 : min/goal&assist : 91

Morata:

2014/15 : goals 08 : minutes 1335 : min/goal : 169,375 ||| Assist : 5 : min/goal&assist : 102,69
2015/16 : goals 07 : minutes 1484 : min/goal : 212       ||| Assist : 7 : min/goal&assist : 106
2016/17 : goals 08 : minutes 897  : min/goal : 112,125 ||| Assist : 2 : min/goal&assist : 89,7

Costa:

2014/15 : goals 20 : minutes 2069  : min/goal : 103,45  ||| Assist : 3 : min/goal&assist : 89,56
2015/16 : goals 12 : minutes 2374  : min/goal : 197,83  ||| Assist : 6 : min/goal&assist : 131,88
2016/17 : goals 17 : minutes 2302  : min/goal : 135,04  ||| Assist : 5 : min/goal&assist : 104,63

Edited by comtrend

For the simple fact that I REALLY REALLY do NOT want a "Morata feels like he has unfinished business at Real and they want him back" in a few years if he becomes top class with us, I'll pick Lukaku over him. There are other reasons but that one is enough. Sick of these Madrid rumours. 

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

For the simple fact that I REALLY REALLY do NOT want a "Morata feels like he has unfinished business at Real and they want him back" in a few years if he becomes top class with us, I'll pick Lukaku over him. There are other reasons but that one is enough. Sick of these Madrid rumours. 

If Madrid want to sell, I wouldnt let that stop us going for him. But i do agree, Real Madrid do my head in, as soon as any team start to get a good player they come sauntering in with their limitless budget and start messing with the players head. Fed up of the recurring Hazard and Courtois rumours. These players are happy here, on a long contract and are not for sale. Now f#ck off Real!!

10 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

He had good year with Juventus and then made him a second option in Bernabeu. 

6 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

If Madrid want to sell, I wouldnt let that stop us going for him. But i do agree, Real Madrid do my head in, as soon as any team start to get a good player they come sauntering in with their limitless budget and start messing with the players head. Fed up of the recurring Hazard and Courtois rumours. These players are happy here, on a long contract and are not for sale. Now f#ck off Real!!

I think the Courtois talks are real but as for Hazard, that's just BS

Would he come here?

Real will see him as an ideal back up player and he is getting a few games so would he rather challenge for a starting place at Real with Benzema or come here?

Would Real sell him knowing they will need to replace him with a similar level player?

16 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Would he come here?

Real will see him as an ideal back up player and he is getting a few games so would he rather challenge for a starting place at Real with Benzema or come here?

Would Real sell him knowing they will need to replace him with a similar level player?

A couple of months ago he said he wanted out of Real Madrid because he left Juventus on the promise that he'd get plenty of playing time at Real Madrid and that wasn't happening. He also said he'd consider the Premier League, and it was assumed that Chelsea had a strong case given that Morata had played already under Conte.

But the world of football is fickle now a days and what he said two months ago it may not be true any more.... so who knows!

Chelsbear likes this

3 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Gotta be a reason we are being linked with strikers, either Costa is on his way out or Conte wants to play with 2 and add a new wrinkle to our team

With Champions League coming back to us, we need an additional striker esp with Micy unable to cut it in Chelsea. Costa may or may not go, but if he does we better buy 2.

“Various Premier League coaches called to tell me to play for them. I said yeah, I’d like to, that if I had to leave I would almost certainly go to London, but that I didn’t know what Madrid would do. I knew they’d bring me back but I didn’t know if it was to keep me or sell me. I spoke directly to Mauricio Pochettino and Antonio Conte, although the norm is clubs call my dad or agent. Madrid said they didn’t want to sell, so here I am.” Chelsea had offered €60m and Conte made a particular impression. “I remember talking to my dad then and him saying: ‘This guy’s going to win the league there,’” Morata says. His dad was right.

Buffon once said Morata was a better player than he realised, and asked if he realises it now the striker replies: “Yes, but I need games as a starter, continuity, and over the last three years I haven’t had that: at Juventus, for certain reasons, and at Madrid its difficult. I have that desire to start more, then I think I can reach a much higher level. It’s difficult to play 10 minutes one game, then 20 another, then two weeks later play again. It’s a difficult situation you have to live with until, one day, it changes.”

Last week Morata scored a hat-trick at Leganés, taking him to 11 league goals. In Europe he has scored three. The problem is those have come in 1,000 minutes and 162 minutes respectively. He has started only 10 times in the league, once in the Champions League – away at Legia Warsaw. He knows Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo stand ahead of him. He also knows there may be attackers among the summer signings.

Morata may be only 24 but he made his debut in 2010 and he admits that, despite the trophies, the 27 goals at Juventus, 27 more at Madrid, he is yet to definitively take off. “I made my debut young with José Mourinho, but if you wait two more years you’re not so young: it’s seven years now. I have to take off now. I have to play every Sunday, but that doesn’t only depend on me.”

So, what if the phone goes again, the Premier League on the line? If Chelsea call back? If the season ends with no sign of change will he say he needs to go? “I can say that, but …” he starts. He knows they may not listen. “I’m very happy at Madrid and they support me,” he says. “But if an offer like that came again and they want to sell, I shouldn’t close doors. I loved Italy but if one day I have to leave, I’m sure it will be to the Premier League.”

It is not just the league, the country, it is something else, too: a thread that runs through the conversation is confidence, the need to feel needed, appreciated, secure. “Conte is the manager who most ‘bet’ on me, without even ever having had me in his team,” Morata says. “I’m very conscious of that: he bet on me for Juventus but left before I arrived; then he wanted me at Chelsea come what may. He knows me better than I could imagine, I’m sure, and that’s important: it motivates you to work hard, train well.

“I feel indebted to him because he’s the coach that most trusted in me, most wanted me, who made me feel I could perform at the highest level. And yet I’ve never had the fortune to actually work with him. I’m sure sooner or later I will. The future excites me, whether that’s Madrid or somewhere else. I still have to learn, improve. I can do a lot but I need to play more and for someone to really back me. Either I take off or I end up in a position of comfort, playing games occasionally. I’m no longer the youngest, I’m 24, it’s a big moment.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/12/alvaro-morata-real-madrid-bayern-munich

22 hours ago, Zeta said:

Would Madrid part with him realistically? Or is he important to them?

Impressed with him last Saturday evening v sporting gijon, scored good header, and link up play looked good, I'm coming round to the idea of him

In my mind, signing someone like Morata or Griezman, who I both love, would not be an adequate acquisition should we lose our primary striker.  They spend too much time not in the box, in pockets around the edges.  In my mind, they would complement a proper striker.  Though it does seem like Simeone get's a lot of goals out of Griezmann