Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sheva

Alvaro Morata.

500 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

Which still means nothing. Because they're not doing any player + cash deal still. 

Did they tell you that? 

1 hour ago, pacquiao said:

Did they tell you that? 

Did they tell you they're going to do it? Goes both ways mate. Just watch and see what plays out.

8 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Did they tell you they're going to do it? Goes both ways mate. Just watch and see what plays out.

I'm not claiming they will, I was saying there is a chance. 

dkw likes this

Off to Milan?

(Ignore the tweet's caption. That Chelsea account is a clueless idiot. I remember how anti-Conte he was in pre-season)

Edited by Barrettinator

Thank god for that. He'll do well at a small club like Milan trying to build something. Proven time and time again he isn't fit to lead the line of a European power house.

didierforever likes this

If he's off to another club so quickly I suspect we've closed in on signing someone ourselves already too. 

If we had been interested there's no way another club would have tied up a deal so fast. 

So can I be the first to say, welcome back Lukaku. 

maybe Diego is staying!

ill try to convince myself of that instead of the fear of that lazy lump of wood coming back for stupid money 

1 hour ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Milan are not a small club.

They fall under the Liverpool category. Depends if you want to classify a team by its history or recent results. Its like classing Nottingham Forest as a big club because they won a European cup a couple of times. Milan are not even close to being a big team in Italy at the moment, never mind Europe.

1 hour ago, havelschayes said:

my dog's anus is more reliable than gazeta delo sport, calling 100% bs

Are dog anuses often referred to as "reliable" then? Reliable in what sense?

16 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

They fall under the Liverpool category. Depends if you want to classify a team by its history or recent results. Its like classing Nottingham Forest as a big club because they won a European cup a couple of times. Milan are not even close to being a big team in Italy at the moment, never mind Europe.

I get your point but they're not a small club maybe a better term would be a club who're fallen from grace. I don't think the Notts Forrest comparisons work quite so well because NFs history of winning big trophies and been in top flight football was a lot longer ago than Liverpool or Milan's.

WoW calling AC Milan small club and compare them to Nottingham ...

Nottingham has just 1 league title and 2 CL, while Milan have 18 league title and 7 CL, they are second only to Real Madrid ... And their last league title was 6 years ago.

No one can know what can Morata do or achieve if he is first choice striker in top club.

But if you compare him to Costa when he was Morata age, o dear, Morata is so far ahead of Costa ... When Costa was that young he was playing for Rayo Vallecano. Had 181 matches and only 49 goals.
So far Morata have 270 matches and 103 goals ....

So there is absolutely no evidence that Morata could not reach top level at top team and score constantly. And i hope we buy him, as well with Lukaku.

Edited by brakeit

He's already proved it at the top level scoring consistently in the CL through to the knockout rounds to get to a final. Winning leagues with both real and Juve scoring over 20 goals in doing so this season.

anyone saying he's not proven at that level is talking utter mince 

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I actually thought you were being sarcastic. You seriously used the word "small club" and Milan in the same sentence? They may have experienced a tough time over the last 5 years but that is utterly disrespectful and borderline delusional to say. 48 trophies including 18 league titles and 7 CLs (SEVEN!!!). Have some respect.

Besides, if they are in fact signing Morata, when you combine that with signings like Kessie and Rodriguez, as well as others being linked to them (thanks to new Chinese owners) as well as young talent they have like Romagnoli and Donnaruma, that's clearly an indication that they'll be back within a year or two. 

55 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

I actually thought you were being sarcastic. You seriously used the word "small club" and Milan in the same sentence? They may have experienced a tough time over the last 5 years but that is utterly disrespectful and borderline delusional to say. 48 trophies including 18 league titles and 7 CLs (SEVEN!!!). Have some respect.

Besides, if they are in fact signing Morata, when you combine that with signings like Kessie and Rodriguez, as well as others being linked to them (thanks to new Chinese owners) as well as young talent they have like Romagnoli and Donnaruma, that's clearly an indication that they'll be back within a year or two. 

Didn't dispute they'll be back soon, hence why i said he's joining a team that is building. Go read the conversation i had earlier in this thread before throwing explanation marks and your almighty opinion everywhere. You can interpret the word 'big' as a number of things in football. 

18 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Didn't dispute they'll be back soon, hence why i said he's joining a team that is building. Go read the conversation i had earlier in this thread before throwing explanation marks and your almighty opinion everywhere. You can interpret the word 'big' as a number of things in football. 

It's an "almighty opinion" because you're being called out for calling Milan of all clubs a small club? Listen to yourself. Almost like calling United a small club because of their recent wobbles post Fergie. Despite the relegation and mid table finishes, you can't even call a club like Newcastle a small club, much less Milan. There's no need to try to change the meaning of "small club", you're just using the wrong phrase. It's that simple.

36 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

It's an "almighty opinion" because you're being called out for calling Milan of all clubs a small club? Listen to yourself. Almost like calling United a small club because of their recent wobbles post Fergie. Despite the relegation and mid table finishes, you can't even call a club like Newcastle a small club, much less Milan. There's no need to try to change the meaning of "small club", you're just using the wrong phrase. It's that simple.

Please show me the official definition of small club, Mr Dictionary.

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Please show me the official definition of small club, Mr Dictionary.

I should be saying that to you, seeing as say you can "interpret the word 'big' as a number of things in football". What are your different interpretations sir?

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Spurs :laugh2:

hahaha i'll give you that one! :laugh2:

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

I should be saying that to you, seeing as say you can "interpret the word 'big' as a number of things in football". What are your different interpretations sir?

I personally would classify a small team as one that isn't and doesn't look likely to challenge for any such silverware. Each to their own though. 

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

hahaha i'll give you that one! :laugh2:

I personally would classify a small team as one that isn't and doesn't look likely to challenge for any such silverware. Each to their own though. 

See "small team" isn't exactly the same as "small club". "Small team" in this context is probably more accurate as it refers to the present day squad of players. I get what you're trying to say though. It just came across pretty jarring to call Milan a "small club".

With Milan rumors and the ones about Zidane giving him a bigger role maybe he's inclined to stay. He's their 2nd leading goalscorer despite playing alot less than Benzema. 

I'd love to have him here, he's Costa without the attitude.