Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sheva

Alvaro Morata.

352 posts in this topic

To be honest, I would attempt to sell 3/4 players and test Dortmund's patience for Aubameyang.

47 games and 40 goals this season.

Edited by MayosNoun

To be honest, I would attempt to sell 3/4 players and test Dortmund's patience for Aubameyang.

47 games and 40 goals this season.

We won't compete in the champions league so if we are going for Auba it means Costa is leaving.

I love Costa and really want him to stay but if it meant getting Auba in exchange then I'll drive Costa to wherever he wants to go.

RIP Mourinho and just like this

I love Costa and really want him to stay but if it meant getting Auba in exchange then I'll drive Costa to wherever he wants to go.

He would have changed our season drastically if he was starting from day one in place of Costa

You gotta wonder why he is so often on the bench for Juve, if he is class like you say then he should be starting every game. 

You gotta wonder why KDB was so often on the bench for Chelsea, if he were class like people said then he should be starting every game.

You gotta wonder why Gotze is so often on the bench for Bayern, if he is class like people say then he should be starting every game.

James/Isco at Real also come to mind.

Morata looked good today with 2 goals. Granted, it was against S. Korea but still a good showing.

actually, morata and costa (or lukaku) would be a decent strike force. they would compliment each other

Edited by enigma

actually, morata and costa (or lukaku) would be a decent strike force. they would compliment each other

Really?

From what I've seen they remind me very much of each other.  Morata perhaps a slightly more agile version.  (This is Costa I'm referring to)

Really?

From what I've seen they remind me very much of each other. Morata perhaps a slightly more agile version. (This is Costa I'm referring to)

Costa is a goal scorer.

Morata has more technique and a far better touch than Costa, he's also a good dribbler, however getting the ball in the net is what Costa trumps him in.

With both it would be interesting,I just hope one does not replace the other.

DidierDrogbalala likes this

Costa is a goal scorer.

Morata has more technique and a far better touch than Costa, he's also a good dribbler, however getting the ball in the net is what Costa trumps him in.

With both it would be interesting,I just hope one does not replace the other.

Agreed on Morata's technique/ability around the ground, but I think they make a lot of the same runs, get the ball in a lot of the same places and score similiar goals, so doesn't really strike me as an obvious complimentary partnership

The Guardian now reporting we're hopeful of completing a deal before the Euros start.

would be a really good signing I think. 

clever, versatile attacker- probably suits the type of football conte will want to play.

not been much of a goalscorer in his career so I think that suggests he would be bought to play alongside costa rather than replace him.

ForeverCarefree likes this

We've been looking for a replacement for Eidur for 10 years. Someone who could lead the line but also play support to another striker.

Could Morata be that player?

I firmly believe that the 3rd striker role should be filled by someone who is versatile and can play in a few attacking positions-For example if we were to sign Morata it would be great to have Costa as the main striker and Morata to play just behind him and with Traore on the bench. This way you kepp all your attacking options happy and offer them minutes, the issue we've encountered in the past is our 3rd striker has struggled for minutes and when they are required to deliver they dont lacked the match sharpness.

I would have loved to get someone like Griezmann or Cavani but Morata would definitely offer us a different dimension to what we already have.

Only seen him in CL a couple of times. I saw him as a poacher but I guess it is not the case. Nice to see him in the Euro's

He scored 7 and gave 7 assists in Serie A this past season.... Not setting the world alight is he...?

He scored 7 and gave 7 assists in Serie A this past season.... Not setting the world alight is he...?

Only played the equivalent of 14 full 90 minutes so he's contributing a goal or assist once per game in that sense which is pretty good going.

Half his appearances were as sub last season.

RIP Mourinho likes this

Only played the equivalent of 14 full 90 minutes so he's contributing a goal or assist once per game in that sense which is pretty good going.

Half his appearances were as sub last season.

That also brings up the question of why is he not starting games if he's such an effective goal scorer/player?

Reminds me of Hernandez from United being the same kind of player...good stats but rarely starting games.

GoshaRubchinskiy likes this

Chelsea have prioritised Morata's arrival having released Falcao and Pato back to their parents clubs (Guardian) #CFC #Juventus

Chelsea are now leading the chase for the signature of Juventus striker Ãlvaro Morata. #cfc [AS]

I must have missed the farewell Pato and Falcao threads. :laugh2: :laugh2:

DidierDrogbalala and Chelsbear like this