Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sheva

Alvaro Morata.

360 posts in this topic

That also brings up the question of why is he not starting games if he's such an effective goal scorer/player?

Reminds me of Hernandez from United being the same kind of player...good stats but rarely starting games.

I would assume it was because Dybala was Juce's first choice last season and he was in good goal scoring form.

That also brings up the question of why is he not starting games if he's such an effective goal scorer/player?

Reminds me of Hernandez from United being the same kind of player...good stats but rarely starting games.

Everyone always says this about Hernandez but look at his goal return in Germany when he was playing week in week out. 17 goals this season in 28 games ain't half bad. Utd just had better options to start with.

Juve were always going to start Dybala every game, meaning the other spot up for grabs would be rotational between Zaza, Mandzukic and Morata. 

would be a really good signing I think.

clever, versatile attacker- probably suits the type of football conte will want to play.

not been much of a goalscorer in his career so I think that suggests he would be bought to play alongside costa rather than replace him.

I'm with this. Every time I have seen him play he has looked good, movement always causing problems , great touch and still young enough to up his stats that are all son important these days because let's face it football is played on paper.

A couple of things here, if my memory serves correctly conte at juve didn't really really on his striker to get huge numbers , the team goals were the focus, the expectation is that the team plays in such a way that a large weighting of the goals come from midfield that probably requires quite a bit of grunt work by the strikers.

Spiller86 likes this

^ usually it is pretty important for a striker to rack up goals. If Costa racks them up alongside him, fine but someone has to do it.

Chelsbear likes this

I'm very unconvinced by him, i'd rather pay extra and get Higuain.

City in particular, and possiby United are looking like becoming too strong to compete with for the next 2 seasons at least. Higuain can be somewhat of a flat track bully but that will do fine to guarantee top 3 or 4. He'll get 20-25 league goals per season.

I'm very unconvinced by him, i'd rather pay extra and get Higuain.

City in particular, and possiby United are looking like becoming too strong to compete with for the next 2 seasons at least. Higuain can be somewhat of a flat track bully but that will do fine to guarantee top 3 or 4. He'll get 20-25 league goals per season.

I don't really see the need to buy another goalscorer. Even with  the poor form of our attacking players this season we still managed to score 59 times. Only 9 goals behind the champions leicester and 12 goals behind the team that scored the most goals, Man City. That was with Hazard only scoring 4 goals this season and costa only scoring 12. So i think we're fine and don't need another striker.

Germany is not the Premier League though

Is your point here that it's not like for like so you couldn't compare?

Of course, no league is like for like, but Germany and England would be the two most similar in Europe in my mind.  They are above England in the coefficient as well if you read anything into that.

Anyone banging in goals in the Bundesliga would be well equipped to do the same in the Premier League

Samdwich and RIP Mourinho like this

Is your point here that it's not like for like so you couldn't compare?

Of course, no league is like for like, but Germany and England would be the two most similar in Europe in my mind. They are above England in the coefficient as well if you read anything into that.

Anyone banging in goals in the Bundesliga would be well equipped to do the same in the Premier League

I'm staying England is a superior league which it is.

Chelsbear likes this

Based on the fact it's dominated by one team for one.

Tbh though I can't be arsed going into all this again it's been done to death here.

Same number of champions in the last 20 years as the premier league has.

That's fine if you don't want to go into it, I must have missed those threads, but if you don't there is no point suggesting someones point isn't valid because you say so.  Which is what this sounds like

RIP Mourinho likes this

Same number of champions in the last 20 years as the premier league has.

That's fine if you don't want to go into it, I must have missed those threads, but if you don't there is no point suggesting someones point isn't valid because you say so. Which is what this sounds like

Actually there is but I don't want to derail a thread discussing it. IMO the Bundesgliga as a whole is an inferior league to the PL.

Chelsea always interested and in talks for Morata, as reported here 1 month ago. But not easy: Real ask €60M! And many clubs are on him #CFC

Wages believed to be a sticking point at the moment, read that on football-italia and have absolutely no idea how credible they are.  If it's got to wages then a fee must have been agreed I presume?

Edited by Van Butsen

This has failure written all over it. He's never worth that amount of money.

You  wouldn't think Lewandowski was a world class striker on his Euro showing so far!!

You  wouldn't think Lewandowski was a world class striker on his Euro showing so far!!

The difference between him and Morata is that Lewandowski is proven quality.

Edited by Scott Harris
Chelsbear likes this