Sheva

Alvaro Morata

Obligatory WAG watch:

mNHScUb.jpg

Alvaro's wife, Alice Campello. Appears to be a model of some sort. She was born in Venice.

http://alicecampello.com/

2 minutes ago, Zeta said:

I think Lukaaku will almost certainly outscore him, he's got the PL experience and the track record of PL goals, but Morata seems like more of a team player, who will not only score but link up well as well.

I'd fancy Morata to do more in Europe this season.

I hope the press don't go down the road of comparing the two at every possible opportunity, running goal tallies throughout the season, etc. That would get tedious very quickly.

12 minutes ago, Theafonis said:

Fake interview I think

Seems fairly legit. Marca had someone camped outside of Morata's hotel in LA. Not unusual for them to be following Real's big pre-season jolly in the US.

15004935563839.png

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2017/07/19/596fb701268e3e2c418b4611.html

finally we have a top quality striker. if he links up well with hazard/willy/pedro, even musonda, our offence will be immense; a proper goal threat from every angle.

Edited by enigma

I'm absolutely buzzing about this, not fussed how much he costs, it's not my money at the end of the day!

Morata is the perfect fit for us in my opinion, brilliant at bringing others in to play & I reckon he could form a lethal partnership with Bats as well.

I cant wait for the start of the season now!

7 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I'm absolutely buzzing about this, not fussed how much he costs, it's not my money at the end of the day!

Morata is the perfect fit for us in my opinion, brilliant at bringing others in to play & I reckon he could form a lethal partnership with Bats as well.

If this is done (seems odd to officially announce anything before personal terms are agreed) then this a good signing for an okay price. 

As you say EB he can play alone or form a combination with Bats. I also wouldn't be surprised if Llorente now comes in given their close relationship at Juve. 

9 minutes ago, enigma said:

people overrate the league and how hard it is to score. if ibrahimovic can score 17 in the league then morata can do that and more. here is hoping anyway. 

Morata has all the tools to be a hit in England.

He's fast, intelligent and has a good finish on him. At Real he played with clever creative players around him and with Eden, Pedo and Cesc we have a bit of that too so he should really fit into our style with minimum fuss.

I think this is a better fit all round than Lukaku and at a cheaper price.

Not his fan, I won't lie. I'd prefer to take Lukaku, Aubameyang, or even keep Costa. His stats last season are impressing, but then I look at the league and the fixtures there and it doesn't really motivate me to bring him. Real Madrid had a successful season, Benzema isn't world class anymore and still used to be a starter in Real Madrid, kept Morata on the bench, which is really surprising. Maybe it's their mistake, or there is a reason for that, not my business to decide. 

He seems like a very good player, more player for the team than just a striker, seems like a smart player with right decisions, but is he good enough to lead us to titles? I'm 100% sure he will do his best and will try everything to prove himself, but I don't think he will succeed at that job. It would be hard to fill up Costa's boots, especially in the Premier League, a new league for him + now we have the CL games. 

Anyways, I thought the same when we were about to sign Costa, I still remember me saying that we should sign Balotelli and not Costa, and at the end, got it all wrong. I really hope I'm wrong with this one as well, just my feeling showing negativity, but I want him to succeed and lead us to the top. I wish him the best of luck and I hope I've got it all wrong once again and Morata is good enough to lead a top club like Chelsea. 

Good luck Morata!

4 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Not his fan, I won't lie. I'd prefer to take Lukaku, Aubameyang, or even keep Costa. His stats last season are impressing, but then I look at the league and the fixtures there and it doesn't really motivate me to bring him. Real Madrid had a successful season, Benzema isn't world class anymore and still used to be a starter in Real Madrid, kept Morata on the bench, which is really surprising. Maybe it's their mistake, or there is a reason for that, not my business to decide. 

He seems like a very good player, more player for the team than just a striker, seems like a smart player with right decisions, but is he good enough to lead us to titles? I'm 100% sure he will do his best and will try everything to prove himself, but I don't think he will succeed at that job. It would be hard to fill up Costa's boots, especially in the Premier League, a new league for him + now we have the CL games. 

Anyways, I thought the same when we were about to sign Costa, I still remember me saying that we should sign Balotelli and not Costa, and at the end, got it all wrong. I really hope I'm wrong with this one as well, just my feeling showing negativity, but I want him to succeed and lead us to the top. I wish him the best of luck and I hope I've got it all wrong once again and Morata is good enough to lead a top club like Chelsea. 

Good luck Morata!

Will definitely be an interesting signing, and I think he'll do well, but I have also been wrong, his champions league record though seems very good, and he'll be surrounded be a string of good players which will definitely help

I'm wondering what the start of the season will look like without hazard, most likely pedro and willian? I have it in my mind we will bring some sort of forward in, we could use one even if we keep pedro and willian. Whats going on with keita balde, heard the pikeys want him, he would do nicely and probably a 30 mil job. 

2 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

European football journalist Mina Rzouki on BBC Radio 5 live

If you offered me the choice between Morata and Lukaku, I wouldn't even think about it.

I would pay £20m or £30m more if I had to and I would bring in Morata.

That is because I would always prefer an intelligent player in my team. Even if he doesn't score as many goals, even if he doesn't do whatever he needs to.

If he is more intelligent then he can be moulded quicker, he can do what he needs to do. And Morata has Champions League experience. He was second top scorer for Real Madrid despite not starting.

He has done it at Juventus and he has done it at Real Madrid.

He understands, he has the pace, he is intelligent, he links up play, he can be a counter-attacking threat.

Let me help you out w/ that bro

I wish people would understand that the main reason Benzema kept Morata out of the side is because he compliments Ronaldo so well, Morata is the better out and out striker IMO. 

Benzema doesn't mind drifting out to the wings to let Ronaldo take up the role as CF which is why he's chosen to be the main striker at Real, that's the way I see it anyway.

On 18/07/2017 at 10:27, enigma said:

apart from bonucci, their signings  aren't world class players that will displace anybody in our team. 

In addition to Bonucci, Conti might get a game for us I suppose but I agree with the overall point you are making.

3 hours ago, Stim said:

How so?

He has and will continue to have things Morata never will: size, strength and pace at that size. I'd still rather have Morata because he's a better player but if we're talking about ceiling Lukaku can get better at technical things he's lacking in. Morata can't put on 2 inches and 25 pounds

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

‘I am very happy, God willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always wanted me,’ Morata told Marca.
‘I’m not disappointed about anything, I’ve won four titles here [with Real Madrid], but now I only think of putting on the Chelsea shirt.
'I want to grow up, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have left. I’d like to thank Zidane and wish him luck for the upcoming season.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/19/alvaro-morata-breaks-silence-after-agreeing-chelsea-transfer-6792258/#ixzz4nJMAXUdi

"A club that has always wanted me" lovely to hear from Alvaro! with him and the batman upfront at least we have two strikers fully committed to the cause :D

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Great point, how he plays with Michy may end up being a very important detail