Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sheva

Alvaro Morata

The match yesterday was amazing actually Bakayoko and Kante were so amazing at center midfield, the team controlled the game and I was so happy that Alvaro Morata had his first hat trick at CFC with his no 9 jersey, well done now he has 6 goals along with romelu lukaku

To all the people saying Diego over Alvaro, I don't think so. I think Alvaro will be more consistent and will cause teams just as much trouble but without the drama. The guy can score with either his head or feet, he can hold the ball up better and he's quicker, we've definitely got this guy at the right time in his career.

Edited by Malcolm9

Who is that person that said something along the lines of not rating Morata as he hasn't scored with his foot? Do you now rate him x3?

His intelligence when taking on defenders is good. Even when he doesn't complete the move successfully you can appreciate the well and quickly thought out plan to go past. 

Feels really good that Morata is scoring goals because you know if he had a slow start, media would be making a big thing out of Lukaku scoring goals and what we missed out on. However the pain of losing out on Lukaku to United will not bother me as long as Morata is scoring goals. Brilliant start to his career.

4 hours ago, Jezz said:

Feels great to see Morata firing.

I always preferred him over Lukaku and I'm glad the club signed him.

So do I.

Lukaku might score more goals, but he frustrates those around him, chases his first touch which is so bad it's become an internet meme. We need players who can link up with our quality attackers, not someone who's only good for just putting the ball in the back of the net. Modern football isn't that one-dimensional anymore, not since the false 9 was invented. 

Argo, ashwin, Jezz and 1 other like this

5 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I had a feeling a hattrick was coming from him, I thought he was going to get it against Arsenal so I put a bet on it. Of course that didn't pan out, but he hit one this week. That second goal was quality, reminded me of a goal Torres would have scored in his pomp for Liverpool.

It is in fact almost identical to one Torres scored against Chelsea!

12 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I had a feeling a hattrick was coming from him, I thought he was going to get it against Arsenal so I put a bet on it. Of course that didn't pan out, but he hit one this week. That second goal was quality, reminded me of a goal Torres would have scored in his pomp for Liverpool.

I said exactly that, his second was reminiscent of prime Torres. What impressed me most was how different all 3 were. The first he made space for himself and it was a smart finish. The second he picked the ball up just inside their half and created a goal out of nothing. And the third, while the build up play was fantastic the finish itself was scrappy. So positive to see him scoring 3 very different goals.

Strider6003 and Bobbywoodhogan like this

He's getting better with each game, looked every bit the complete striker we been missing since Drogba. The first two chances were not as easy as people made out to be, he took them expertly against a pretty good Gk, superb technique. The first 3 header goals he scored reminded me of Drogba, the next 3 reminded me of Torres ( at his prime). Two massive games this week, I'm sure he's ready to prove ( again) he could score against the elite teams.

Ooh Alvaro Morata, Ooh Alvaro Morata

He came from sunny spain, he's better than Harry Kane

He wears a sombrero, he's better than Aguero

He's looks better in blue, he's better than Lukaku