Romelu Lukaku

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Or you are at the stage in life when men or women are developing from a child into a adult and becoming able that there are no longer team players in our modern football.

Something like the last of the Mohicans.

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm really starting to think United fans are the biggest flip floppers around. They do this all of the time these days. So many players are sh*t to them until they join their club.

They have been really wierd towards us about this, the comparison that comes to mind is Spurs fans when they hyjacked our Piennar bid.

At that point Spurs were our bitches for 2 decades (still are) and beating us to a transfer was a big deal considering everything we have put them through and all that anger and frustration came boiling out in that moment.

A similar but less extreme thing has happened with United fans lately. Since Fergie retired they have basically been another Spurs to us, constantly beating them, finishing above them, winning titles while they aren't getting close and they have even done the most Spursy Vs Chelsea thing off all and couldn't even beat us while we were crap (in 15/16).

All this rubbing our noses in with this deal (like Spurs did with Piennar) is because this is the first real time they have got something over on us for a very, very long time and all the anger and frustration they have had Vs us since Fergie retired is coming out in an ugly ugly way.

11 minutes ago, enigma said:

to be fair it tends to be the same with most football fans until the player in question signs for their club. 

Most fans have the decency to bury such hypocrisies, though, rather than taking to twitter to broadcast them to the world.

He'll score 20+ in the league but it will be interesting to see what type of impact the rest of his game has and/or how it develops or doesn't.

I felt you could see the improvement in him under Koeman.

Mourinho is not known for his attacking coaching. He's as good a defensive coach as there is but you could make the case that all of Pogba, Mikhitaryan, Mata, Martial had much lower attacking outputs under him last season than they had previously while both Rashord's and Lingard's progress seemed to stutter.

Even Drogba, who is synonymous with Jose, was actually a far better striker post-Jose than he was under him.

14 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

He'll score 20+ in the league but it will be interesting to see what type of impact the rest of his game has and/or how it develops or doesn't.

Mourinho is not known for his attacking coaching. He's as good a defensive coach as there is but you could make the case that all of Pogba, Mikhitaryan, Mata, Martial had much lower attacking outputs under him last season than they had previously while both Rashord's and Lingard's progress seemed to stutter.

Even Drogba, who is synonymous with Jose, was actually a far better striker post-Jose than he was under him.

Knowing Jose, he'll probably convert Lukaku into 3rd CB in away games when defending in the box. With Ibra he could play 6-3-1 as Ibra brings people into play and can hold the ball quite well. Lukaku is hit and miss in that regard. 

1 hour ago, startedwithglenn said:

I think him being a lazy sod will drive miurinho to clash with him, he likes everyone to run. However I think mou not being a good attacking coach is a roumour that stuck but is incorrect, defensive football is something that worked for Chelsea and inter, he certainly doesn't mind sitting back, but usually when an opposing team is more creative, it's a tactic that works, however  when he was at Real Madrid the attacking football was incredible his team scored the highest goal tally in la liga history and then beat it the following year, I think it was 120 goals. But again I would agree there are better attacking coaches out there and his determination to have attackers track back can detract from their freedom to express their attacking talents, I think him and Lukaku are a bad fit, I'm surprised Mou went in for him tbh 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

I think him being a lazy sod will drive miurinho to clash with him, he likes everyone to run. However I think mou not being a good attacking coach is a roumour that stuck but is incorrect, defensive football is something that worked for Chelsea and inter, he certainly doesn't mind sitting back, but usually when an opposing team is more creative, it's a tactic that works, however  when he was at Real Madrid the attacking football was incredible his team scored the highest goal tally in la liga history and then beat it the following year, I think it was 120 goals. But again I would agree there are better attacking coaches out there and his determination to have attackers track back can detract from their freedom to express their attacking talents, I think him and Lukaku are a bad fit, I'm surprised Mou went in for him tbh 

Maybe he had less say than we assume. United have become a team hungry for big name signings to keep all their fans in Surrey and Asia happy now the Fergie magic is six feet under. 

And this is why Dion Dublin now presents tv property programmes.

Basically he's saying Lukaku picked Manure because we got rid in the first place. Who was our manager at the time, Dion?

Former Manchester United striker Dion Dublin believes Romelu Lukaku may have rejected Chelsea this summer due to a desire for ‘a change’ after being snubbed by them in the past. 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/12/romelu-lukaku-chose-manchester-united-transfer-over-chelsea-for-a-change-dion-dublin-6773106/

1 hour ago, Scooby Blue said:

Basically he's saying Lukaku picked Manure because we got rid in the first place. Who was our manager at the time, Dion?

Former Manchester United striker Dion Dublin believes Romelu Lukaku may have rejected Chelsea this summer due to a desire for ‘a change’ after being snubbed by them in the past. 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/12/romelu-lukaku-chose-manchester-united-transfer-over-chelsea-for-a-change-dion-dublin-6773106/

It's annoying how the media are rubbing this all over Chelsea's face. He signed for Utd, we get it. The amount of hype over him have gone above his quality as a player at this point

6 hours ago, Scooby Blue said:

It wasn't the club who didn't want him

On 10/07/2017 at 08:33, Krc-fan said:

Yes, my friend. They are.

No. No reactions so far. Almost everyone in this world has one, but ...

Maybe, that's smart.

Better he says nothing at all.

He's closer with benteke isn't he?