Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoshaRubchinskiy

Romelu Lukaku

824 posts in this topic

But we are short on strikers. If batman is a bust we have no one besides costa.

Michy has never really been given a run of games so we cant expect him to come in and start scoring for fun.

Unless we start playing two strikers then I don't see us bringing anyone else in.

DonAntonio and STATS like this

Keep seeing Lukaku's name pop up in various threads so thought I would resurrect his own thread.

If Costa does leave in the summer, can't help but feel that Lukaku will be the replacement. I've said it plenty of times before, never had such mixed feelings about a player. At times he looks fairly limited and lazy and yet other times he looks a beast and unplayable. All these Belgian players seem to suffer patchy form!!

But if Conte could get the best out of him and he put in more performances like the one where he scored 4 last weekend, I am warming to the idea - especially as he is still only 23 and yet to reach his peak. Also like the idea of Conte playing two up top at times and see how Lukaku & Bats perform together - with Eden in the mix too. Only thing I don't like is the no doubt massive price Everton will be looking for.

I just pray we can keep Diego.

Atletico Madrid owner seems to think we wont sell which is a good sign.

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

I just pray we can keep Diego.

Atletico Madrid owner seems to think we wont sell which is a good sign.

What about our owners though? Lol

Seriously, this is why keeping Costa is imperative. There are no other world class strikers out there which aren't already at top clubs. The only attainable ones there seem to be are young strikers with potential. If wr want to challenge on all fronts next season and beyond, we need a little more than mere "potential" tbh. 

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Seriously, this is why keeping Costa is imperative. There are no other world class strikers out there which aren't already at top clubs. The only attainable ones there seem to be are young strikers with potential. If wr want to challenge on all fronts next season and beyond, we need a little more than mere "potential" tbh. 

Agreed. But what if Costa does want to go and leaves ?

I like the fact that he is a Chelsea fan, he is youg and has proven himself in the EPL. However he is not a game changer like Costa and i dont think his release clause will be cheap. I am willing to bet Everton will force us to fork a fortune for him.

On 06/11/2016 at 14:42, dkw said:

Disgrace in the way he just basically wandered around not even attempting to pressure our defenders.

Sanchez?

11 hours ago, startedwithglenn said:

No, you genuinely won't.

I will, especially for the ridiculous fee it would take.

We can buy this guy back when he shows up in big games. He's only 23. More mental toughness is what he needs. Talent is already there.

He is 23 years old, a proven goal scorer in the league. His price tag will for through the roof he will surely be more than 70mill+ , not worth it in my opinion. However if Costa does leave in the summer think this move could go ahead, this said i wouldn't be that keen on it.

If we get Sir Didier to come back in an Ambassadorial or coaching capacity then Lukaku will come...would love to have Sir Didier and Sir Frank part of AC's coaching staff...think what RLC or Izzy Brown would learn from Sir Frank's teaching...

Edited by doctorblue

I'm very worried about the summer, if Costa is to go back to Atletico its probably because they'll have sold Griezmann to Utd and have money to spend, no way in hell will Ateltico find the cash to buy back Costa outherwise and he wont go anywhere else.

Its also worht nothing that apparently Lukaku is signing a new 5 year deal worth 100k very soon, so I think Everton are resigned to losing him eith this summer coming or 2018 but will only do so on their terms and ensure they get a record fee, probably £60-70m.

Hes not really comparable to Costa, theyre very different CFs, Lukaku cant hold up or link play like Costa and hes nowhere near as technical in small sapces but his speed in behind and ball carrying is on a different level to Costa but Chelsea dont really play that kind of game, usually because we dont get the space in behind that Everton or ABA do, largely teams park the bus against Chelsea and that means playing through sides and right now, Lukaku isnt up to it just yet.

On 09/02/2017 at 19:45, enigma said:

When has that ever not been the case? World. Mass strikers at top clubs are very rarely for sale, it's a young tallent or a striker that has a break away season or two at a club like athletico or any decent European club who then wants to move in to a bigger club. There are strikers available if we are willing to pay. We need to buy in an established striker like Aubameyang then a top youngster. The French are churning out talent right now we should be buying players like Kylian Mbappé before his price sky rockets 

On 2/14/2017 at 21:24, doctorblue said:

If we get Sir Didier to come back in an Ambassadorial or coaching capacity then Lukaku will come...would love to have Sir Didier and Sir Frank part of AC's coaching staff...think what RLC or Izzy Brown would learn from Sir Frank's teaching...

Man, this will be overkill for other teams. As much as we need good players, we also need intelligent coaching staff.

Didn't he just sign a contract last season? He's probably still got 4 years to run even without another contract. The issue I see with Lukaku is, he signs a new contract every year to get a pay rise, and no club will bid the ridiculous amount of money Everton holding out for. I reckon he will stay there for another season at least, he's too happy with being the biggest fish in the small pot.

He last signed a contract deal with Everton when he made a permanent move to them in June 2014. His current deal expires in June 2019.