Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoshaRubchinskiy

Romelu Lukaku

831 posts in this topic
On 09/02/2017 at 17:45, enigma said:

Seriously, this is why keeping Costa is imperative. There are no other world class strikers out there which aren't already at top clubs. The only attainable ones there seem to be are young strikers with potential. If wr want to challenge on all fronts next season and beyond, we need a little more than mere "potential" tbh. 

Not disagreeing with you, but there's Aubameyang as a world class alternative that is attainable.

Edited by brenobnfm

1 hour ago, brenobnfm said:

Not disagreeing with you, but there's Aubameyang as a world class alternative that is attainable.

There's that word being bandied about again. In terms of output so far Lukaku isn't far behind him either. Pretty stunning considering Auba is in his prime, Lukaku is just entering it. 

Auba would be great for our team, I've been saying that for a while but he is definately not the only player that is attainable we could replace Costa with, god forbid. Nobody seemed to agree but in the Morata thread I said I thought he was essentially a like for like replacement for Costa and he is certainly attainable. Griezmann is probably also in that category, I wouldn't bet he's playing for Atleti this time next season. 

Personally I hope we aren't as dependent on our ST to score next season as we have been. Thats kind of how it goes for a few teams, us and United for example would be a few places down in the table if Costa and Zlatan weren't carrying the goal scoaring load. (They more so than us) I see no reason why Bats, another ST and an additional player couldn't make up the goals we'll lose if Costa goes, god forbid. It may actually be beneficial to us from an unpredictability standpoint to have threats from other positions.

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

10 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

There's that word being bandied about again. In terms of output so far Lukaku isn't far behind him either. Pretty stunning considering Auba is in his prime, Lukaku is just entering it. 

Auba would be great for our team, I've been saying that for a while but he is definately not the only player that is attainable we could replace Costa with, god forbid. Nobody seemed to agree but in the Morata thread I said I thought he was essentially a like for like replacement for Costa and he is certainly attainable. Griezmann is probably also in that category, I wouldn't bet he's playing for Atleti this time next season. 

Personally I hope we aren't as dependent on our ST to score next season as we have been. Thats kind of how it goes for a few teams, us and United for example would be a few places down in the table if Costa and Zlatan weren't carrying the goal scoaring load. (They more so than us) I see no reason why Bats, another ST and an additional player couldn't make up the goals we'll lose if Costa goes, god forbid. It may actually be beneficial to us from an unpredictability standpoint to have threats from other positions.

In my opinion Lukaku doesn't have what it needs to be a top striker, goals are not everything, and for the price Everton will ask i'd much rather buy a prime world class striker (Auba) or a young striker with better attributes. Not sure about Morata being this guy too and Griezmann would cost too much. That's only my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, brenobnfm said:

In my opinion Lukaku doesn't have what it needs to be a top striker, goals are not everything, and for the price Everton will ask i'd much rather buy a prime world class striker (Auba) or a young striker with better attributes. Not sure about Morata being this guy too and Griezmann would cost too much. That's only my opinion of course.

So you'd be looking for a cheap young player with incredible potential or a world class player who doesn't cost a lot. You've boxed yourself in haven't you? What makes you think Griezmann would be so much more than Auba? Both will cost their next clubs damn near 80m surely 

Lukaku will likely have a high price since he'd be staying in England and while Everton don't have to sell, we didn't either when we sold him to them and I'd say 30m was a fair price at the time, even more so when you look back on it. I personally don't think we'll be signing him anyway. 

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

So you'd be looking for a cheap young player with incredible potential or a world class player who doesn't cost a lot. You've boxed yourself in haven't you? What makes you think Griezmann would be so much more than Auba? Both will cost their next clubs damn near 80m surely 

Lukaku will likely have a high price since he'd be staying in England and while Everton don't have to sell, we didn't either when we sold him to them and I'd say 30m was a fair price at the time, even more so when you look back on it. I personally don't think we'll be signing him anyway. 

A world class player would cost a lot nonetheless, but Auba himself said that he wants to leave, a think he would cost a lot but not even close to Griezmann, who plays for a top club and at least until now never said that he wants to leave. I think Auba should cost about 40~60 because he is not that young, wants to leave and Dortmund never sell for absurd amounts. Griezmann supposedly have a 84M release clause, but if he doesn't, he would cost even more, probably transfer record money.

Auba plays for a top club as well. If someone only has to pony up 40-60m for Auba then they've committed robbery. We'll have to disagree on that for now