Romelu Lukaku

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Would love him back here tbh. I think he is right up there with the very best now, I can't see Costa keeping a world class level into his 30's as he has had plenty of injuries. 

Maybe offer batshuayi plus cash, and let Costa and lukaku fight for top dog next season. 

Guest Sindre

I think we are going to sell Costa to China for around £100 million and spend £60-70 million on Lukaku. Would be a good replacement i think. Proven goalscorer in PL and is at an age where he will only get better.

I will miss Costa if he goes but I would not be too concerned if we sign Lukaku. He is getting betetr every single game, improving his all round play, especially his back to goal and scores goals and is 5 years younger than Costa and will be a brilliant long term option. He is only going to get better and I would rather us than another PL team get him. He is a boyhood Chelsea fan too and you would think if he came here with assurances of being no.1 striker, we would be his first choice.

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Nah not for me. If we lose Costa we need far better than  Lukaku to replace him.  

I don't see who there is that's better that we can get. Lukaku has scored a lot of goals this season to, I admit he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck like Costa does at times but he scores a lot of goals.

I can't see Arsenal selling Sabchez to us, Cavani is overrated, Benzema doesnt look the same player, I can't see Lewondoski leaving Bayern etc.

2 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I don't see who there is that's better that we can get. Lukaku has scored a lot of goals this season to, I admit he doesn't grab games by the scruff of the neck like Costa does at times but he scores a lot of goals.

I can't see Arsenal selling Sabchez to us, Cavani is overrated, Benzema doesnt look the same player, I can't see Lewondoski leaving Bayern etc.

If we can't then don't sell Costa. It's simple for me.

Why replace him with a lesser player? 

Lukaku scores goals but he isn't a world class striker and of we want to be the best team i  Europe that's what we will need if Costa leaves. 

Wherever he ends up, I'm just amused that the deluded Everton fans have been given another reality check...seem to think likes of stones and lukaku will stick around cos of their histoooory...they're no better than the red half of merseyside when it comes to delusions of grandeur

Edited by The Brit

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Lukaku scores goals but he isn't a world class striker and of we want to be the best team i  Europe that's what we will need if Costa leaves. 

Thing is though what's left in Costa's contract? I don't think we can risk him leaving on a free. It's a very big possibility that he will leave in the Summer.

While I agree Lukaku isn't world class, he's definitely improving as a player and he consistently scores goals. If Costa does leave then I can't see any other options.

1 minute ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Thing is though what's left in Costa's contract? I don't think we can risk him leaving on a free. It's a very big possibility that he will leave in the Summer.

While I agree Lukaku isn't world class, he's definitely improving as a player and he consistently scores goals. If Costa does leave then I can't see any other options.

He's contracted till 2019 with talks of a new deal on the cards. I'd rather spend our time getting him to sign than pursue Lukaku. 

I will be shocked if Costa is here next year.  If you ask me he and the club know hes off.   Could see Lukaku coming back, we are the club he has wanted to play for, and said himself he has unfinished business with us.

5 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

He's contracted till 2019 with talks of a new deal on the cards. I'd rather spend our time getting him to sign than pursue Lukaku. 

I don't disagree with that if he wants to stay but I subscribe to if Costa wants to go then I don't want him here. If a player doesn't want to play for us then they should be sold. 

2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I will be shocked if Costa is here next year.  If you ask me he and the club know hes off.   Could see Lukaku coming back, we are the club he has wanted to play for, and said himself he has unfinished business with us.

I think that's likely, although the have been rumours of a new deal so who knows. I think if Costa goes get Lukaku, but if Costa wants to stay get him to put pen to a contract.

6 hours ago, big blue said:

Would love him back here tbh. I think he is right up there with the very best now, I can't see Costa keeping a world class level into his 30's as he has had plenty of injuries. 

Maybe offer batshuayi plus cash, and let Costa and lukaku fight for top dog next season. 

Lukaku left us in the first place because he didn't want to fight with Costa.

2 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I don't disagree with that if he wants to stay but I subscribe to if Costa wants to go then I don't want him here. If a player doesn't want to play for us then they should be sold. 

Azpilicueta didn't want to sign with us and only did so because Marseille were f**ked financially and needed the money. 

6 hours ago, Argo said:

Lukaku left us in the first place because he didn't want to fight with Costa.

Azpilicueta didn't want to sign with us and only did so because Marseille were f**ked financially and needed the money. 

I think that's different though. I'm talking about a man who clearly spat his dummy out over the China stuff. It shows a lot about a persons character. If he's that adamant to leave you get rid before they become disruptive.

I'd say Azpi's stance re Marseille actually showed loyalty and a lot about his character. He's clearly settled since and loves it here. He hasn't spat his dummy out whilst been here.

9 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

When Costa is the beast of a player he was early on in the season, then fair enough. But the Costa we have had since the turn of the year - sorry, I would swap Lukaku for him all day long. 

Have to admit to doing an about turn on Lukaku and more than once. Thought he was decent and was gutted when Jose got rid of him. Then thought it was a good decision as I thought he might not be top level and looked lazy and cumbersome at times. Although he still has bad games, I haven't seen him look anything as bad as Costa did against Utd the other night. At 23, he should continue to improve and he could well go on to eclipse Costa. Think he will benefit from playing with the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and Pedro and even try playing him and Bats together. He also misses very few games (injury or suspension).

So I would be all for replacing Costa with Lukaku in the summer. 

11 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Benzema is top draw, IMO better than Costa. I think he would flourish at a club where he is the main man. Problem at Real is Ronaldo now isn't the same player so Benzema seems to be scapegoat and generally always has been. Put on the wing, played with Ronaldo up front. Zidane tinkers more than Ranieri. He seems to do better when Ronaldo isn't there. 

If there was any chance of getting him i would in a flash.