Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoshaRubchinskiy

Romelu Lukaku

831 posts in this topic

On the other hand, given his comment on how his future is decided already and he knows his next club, comments such as this would be unwise if he's still available on the transfer market. Maybe Chelsea have struck a deal for him and keeping it very private until after the Euros. Well one can dream...

I am all for this signing. He's only 23. He has 10+ years of top quality football ahead of him. With better quality around him he will score 25+ goals next season. He's a beast already and will one day be world class.

With a new manager and silly money from the owners it's not a given he will leave at all.

Everton are now a refreshed club with Koeman.

With a new manager and silly money from the owners it's not a given he will leave at all.

Everton are now a refreshed club with Koeman.

He's definitely doing what he can to force a move though. He's acting like he has already left. I don't see why clubs holding players back when they want out so bad. Would be poisonous to their culture.

Think we can make do with Costa and hazard next season. Got to get defense and midfield right first then add icing on the top the year after. I like lukaku, he was one of several that mourinho misjudged last time round, but not sure he is the right guy for us, right now.

didierforever likes this

Think we can make do with Costa and hazard next season. Got to get defense and midfield right first then add icing on the top the year after. I like lukaku, he was one of several that mourinho misjudged last time round, but not sure he is the right guy for us, right now.

Costa is so injury prone. We need a solid back up to him.

That said Lukaku is not the player I would want. We should get Lacazette or someone similar.

Lukaku looks so average to me.

I don't know if I'm missing something but doesn't work hard enough either. Looks out of breath constantly and link play is still woeful. 

Could say the same about Hazard based on this game and a whole season.

Point is Belgium have been taught a lesson in football. Team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Individuals. Football 101. 

You can have the Hazards, Lukakus and Kdbs and Witsels and Radjas but unless each of them play for the team, you are going to lose. 

summer is coming likes this

Could say the same about Hazard based on this game and a whole season.

Point is Belgium have been taught a lesson in football. Team >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Individuals. Football 101. 

You can have the Hazards, Lukakus and Kdbs and Witsels and Radjas but unless each of them play for the team, you are going to lose. 

I though Hazard was atleast two levels above Lukaku and KDB today, he didn't do much wrong and tried to setup his teammates. Problem is that KDB and Lukaku is probably among the two most selfish players I know, they will ignore good movements around them and I'm not impressed with their ball control. Add a hopeless Fellaini to the mix and you won't trouble the Italian defence.

A lad of Lukaku's size and with his pace will often cause defenders problems.

But when he's up against the best does he have that extra something to his game that the really talented strikers have? I'm not so sure?

I most certainly don't see a £50m player that's for sure.

DidierDrogbalala, dkw and Beerqueen like this

I respect his goal record but he is an awful footballer, his touch is beyond bad and his movement is so unintelligent it beggars belief, especially that one Henry mentioned at half time, Costa in the same area he runs the other side of the defender and is played through.

Speaking of Diego, his runs and movements creates inroads against tight defenses, even first half last season when Costa was in a massive slump we created more with him than without, Lukaku against tight defences will always end messy, he doesn't have the skill or intelligent movement to combat that.

If we sell Costa and replace him with Lukaku I will genuinely angry and want to cry.

People are over-reacting. He is good but he definitely falls flat on the bigger occasions/against top level opposition.

That said, it seems to be a Belgian trait that runs through most of the squad. It happens far too often for them at club level let alone national level for it not to be "a thing".

Mental midgets if you ask me, which is consistent with the constant running of their mouths.

I'd be interested to find out of this is a far more widespread problem in Belgium than just football. From my limited knowledge of other Belgians, I suspect it is. Screams of little brother syndrome to me.

Lukaku looks so average to me.

I don't know if I'm missing something but doesn't work hard enough either. Looks out of breath constantly and link play is still woeful.

Yeah and watching him against Italy tonight totally backs that up. I know Belgium as a team were poor but that doesn't excuse things like his awful first touch, poor link up play and poor finishing.

Argo likes this

Yeah and watching him against Italy tonight totally backs that up. I know Belgium as a team were poor but that doesn't excuse things like his awful first touch, poor link up play and poor finishing.

Did he actually win any balls with his back to goal? I just remember him being bullied off pretty much every pass to his feet, which for a lad his size is unforgivable.

CFCholland likes this

Did he actually win any balls with his back to goal? I just remember him being bullied off pretty much every pass to his feet, which for a lad his size is unforgivable.

I can't remember but for a big guy I've never felt he was very good at holding the ball up. I said to my mate this morning, it's amazing he scores the amounts of goals he does with that first touch lol

CFCholland likes this

His first touch is ridiculous. Championship level first touch.

Tbf that Italian defence would make many decent strikers look ordinary.

Not for me.

He didn't even make runs in behind them which is just crazy because the line they were playing was so far up the park which should be appealing for a striker to make dangerous runs.

Henry even mentioned it at half time, it was sheer laziness from Lukaku.

Edited by Chelsbear