Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

4,434 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, mojo said:

40C75C6C00000578-4541224-image-a-117_149

Look, I don't want to do this because I don't like the guy but I have to be fair and come to his defence here.

He is being ripped for this interview in relation to the Europa League, what he said is being totally misrepresented to suit an angled narrative.

He said he doesn't want to win the Europa League. This is because we were in the Champions League!!! Why would any manager going into a CL season want to win the EL?????????????????

He said winning it the season before wasn't a successful season in europe for us. Techically he is completely correct because we started the season in the champions league as DEFENDING CHAMPIONS and got dumped out in the group phase. In winning the EL we won a competition we shouldn't have been in.

If, and it's a big if with Mourinho, he was at the same time trying to diminish Rafa's accomplishment of winning the EL with us, that's the only thing to take issue with as Rafa had nothing to do with the CL failure. From the moment Rafa took over we had a successful european campaign.

Argo likes this

“I come with the tracksuit, which normally I don’t do. I did it because it was Chelsea and I wanted to make clear I’m not Chelsea anymore.

“Chelsea is in my history, I’m in Chelsea’s history, I have huge respect for the fans, they gave me so much, but I’m not Chelsea any more.

“So I came with the tracksuit because it has the badge and I could show everyone my feelings.

“Yes, it was calculated beforehand. I did it because I wanted to finish with my connection to Chelsea. It was just about the history.

“”If one day I’m not at Manchester United and I move to another cub I will do exactly the same. Because it’s about being a super professional and that I am.”

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-admits-calculated-man-united-tracksuit-decision

1 hour ago, Charles Ryder said:

“I come with the tracksuit, which normally I don’t do. I did it because it was Chelsea and I wanted to make clear I’m not Chelsea anymore.

“Chelsea is in my history, I’m in Chelsea’s history, I have huge respect for the fans, they gave me so much, but I’m not Chelsea any more.

“So I came with the tracksuit because it has the badge and I could show everyone my feelings.

“Yes, it was calculated beforehand. I did it because I wanted to finish with my connection to Chelsea. It was just about the history.

“”If one day I’m not at Manchester United and I move to another cub I will do exactly the same. Because it’s about being a super professional and that I am.”

http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-admits-calculated-man-united-tracksuit-decision

Now this is nonsense and easy to say after the fact.

The actual truth imo is he came in a tracksuit to attempt to give the image that the game wasn't a high priority for him because in reality he was scared of getting his ass handed to him again.

Why did he wear tracksuit in the Demba Ba game at Anfield? Same reason, going there with a weakened team, excuses readily prepared.

Basically the only true words amongst those quotes are "yes, it was calculated beforehand".

Again, all because failure terrifies him. It's sad really, it is how he solely values himself clearly probably because he never had a career as a player like most managers.

ashwin likes this

On 5/25/2017 at 16:38, Argo said:

The world cup final was on him, but what did he really do wrong in the domestic semi's? We smashed Swansea at home and lost because of an double Ivanovic brain freeze and City were just simply better than us. We were actually 3rd when he took over, people cite to the difference between us and United points wise compared to when he took over and the end but United dropped only 9 points in 22 games between his take over and securing the title, does anyone really believe our 12/13 squad was capable of such sheer consistency to keep up? We could have had a manager who was prime Jose, 2009 Hiddink and Conte rolled into one and we wouldn't have been able to keep up. Jose himself returned the following year added more depth and even signed a decent striker yet he instantly wrote off our title chances saying we weren't ready, so if we weren't ready then, why on earth were we expected to keep up with the relentless pace United were setting the season before?

I didn't want him to stay full time, but under the circumstances he did a good job for me, he achieved the objective and delivered the bonus of a trophy, all with a limited first Xl and next to no squad depth, which also put's Jose's whining about fatigue this season in perspective.

I think you're being overly lenient here.

City were definitely the better team in the FA cup semi, no arguments there.

The league cup semi - we set up very defensive and tentative (which is Benitez's style) against much weaker opposition. When things clearly weren't going our way he waited til the 80th minute to substitute a right back for a right back, and Torres for Ba - and we immediately looked dangerous. I don't think Ba needed to be rested as much as you state, as him and Torres were rotated in the league and the semi was an important game as it was one of our main chances of silverware.

In terms of the league - we were 3 points off first with a game in hand when FSW took over and he reverted to ultra defensive against City, Fulham and West Ham and we were no longer in the title picture. I don't think we should have won the league that season, but I'd have liked more of a title challenge. We were actually very good that season, as shown by our record of besting Manure 3/5 times we played them, drawing one and losing to two red cards and an offside goal in the last. Benitez did quite well to get us playing as the season went on but he was far often too defensive and I feel like more could have been made of that season.

I don't get the hype about the Europa cup and Jose's double ( or triple if Community shield it's a trophy). The only reason any teams care about the Europa league is the CL spot, so effectively Jose achieved what Klopp has done with the extra 100M+ spent. Sure United had lots of injuries, but that's the Jose way, he keeps a small squad and play the same 11 as much as he could.

I don't know if you guys follow Formula 1, but Jose was in Monaco today and Ted (SkySports' employee) ran into him and told him that he is the reason his mother is a Chelsea fan. Mourinho's response was 'I hope she changed the club'. 

This guy... :laugh2:

2 minutes ago, cRyptic said:

I don't know if you guys follow Formula 1, but Jose was in Monaco today and Ted (SkySports' employee) ran into him and told him that he is the reason his mother is a Chelsea fan. Mourinho's response was 'I hope she changed the club'. 

This guy... :laugh2:

Lol...what a c**t.

Sexyfootball and moi like this