Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Brizzleblue

Jose Mourinho thread

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I wasn't too fussed on Jose's negative tactics when he was here. I hated all the "boring" football sh*t we used to always get. I can bet any money United don't get the same treatment we get in that area, and sorry to be cliche on this one. But we all know the majority of top football writers & pundits are Liverpool/United. 

Winning games is the most important thing, I don't care how we do it. When we beat Spurs in the COC final, it wasn't pretty but we annoyed them, really frustrated them and we won 2-0. But then it backfired when we played PSG at home in the same season, against 10 men we forgot how to attack since in every big game Jose made us go on the defensive, we ended up being embarrassed by a 10 man team, completely outplayed. 

Now United have seen what Jose is like, they have all the quality at their disposal, yet after going 1-0 they set up shop against Southampton, completely defend and go hoof-ball for the second half. Jose has seen the threat Manchester City will inflict, and I bet he's not confident on beating them over two games, he'll go for the defensive set up and try to win the league on points. Just like he did with Real Madrid in 2012. 

For me it depends on the context of the tactics.

His first season back i was on board with the way we got 0-0's at Old Trafford and The Emirates. Firstly because of the team deficiency's and secondly because they weren't actually park the bus jobs, we comfortably contained both team's and we would have been the scorers if any then we did get an away win at City. Second season was when he really started to seep into bus parking mode and we started getting battered in big game's, City home and away, Liverpool semi final, PSG home and away especially. How we avoided defeat's in all those games i'll never know.

ashwin likes this

For the most part I much prefer Conte's defensive setup, which allows for counter attacks, Jose's was more focused on contain. Although having said that, I don't think we ever witnessed a Jose side being so utterly dominated like we were against City.

For the most part I much prefer Conte's defensive setup, which allows for counter attacks, Jose's was more focused on contain. Although having said that, I don't think we ever witnessed a Jose side being so utterly dominated like we were against City.
10 man PSG?
didierforever likes this

2 hours ago, Argo said:

For me it depends on the context of the tactics.

His first season back i was on board with the way we got 0-0's at Old Trafford and The Emirates. Firstly because of the team deficiency's and secondly because they weren't actually park the bus jobs, we comfortably contained both team's and we would have been the scorers if any then we did get an away win at City. Second season was when he really started to seep into bus parking mode and we started getting battered in big game's, City home and away, Liverpool semi final, PSG home and away especially. How we avoided defeat's in all those games i'll never know.

Easy, we defended very well. Both the City games we contained them, didn't lose one game, same for Liverpool. He used to always play Ramires in the 3 man midfield who would chase players all day if he could, against Liverpool we played with Mikel-Matic midfield but our attackers were very deep. Hazard and Fabregas were like wing backs. It must have been awful for any Chelsea fan who went to that away game, but we still drew 1-1 and ended up winning the tie. 

It's obvious when we set up like that the other team is going to have the majority of the ball, but what about the chances? I can't remember City even getting a good chance in either of those games despite dominating possession which we were happy to give them, Liverpool also did nothing besides a Sterling masterclass, we then instantly responded with a goal. 

Against PSG it didn't work whatsoever, we failed miserably home & away and it was very depressing in the Champions League of all places. But in the league I understand it, it's a long season, getting a point in the big games is very effective, it's a reason why Jose has got such a good CV of silverware. You can either play the "right way" as Brendan Rodgers once said and Arsene Wenger has said similar in the past, or you can be Jose and win a sh*t load more trophies. 

1 hour ago, JoseBlues said:
2 hours ago, Zeta said:

10 man PSG?

Ibrahimovic was sent off in the 30th minute, that's when he called us "cry babies" because we all surrounded the referee to get him sent off after a bad tackle, that game was probably one of the most embarrassing games I've seen from us in a long time, even worse than the Arsenal or Spurs 5-3 game. Definitely a game I like to forget. 

Strider6003 likes this

57 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Easy, we defended very well. Both the City games we contained them, didn't lose one game, same for Liverpool. He used to always play Ramires in the 3 man midfield who would chase players all day if he could, against Liverpool we played with Mikel-Matic midfield but our attackers were very deep. Hazard and Fabregas were like wing backs. It must have been awful for any Chelsea fan who went to that away game, but we still drew 1-1 and ended up winning the tie. 

It's obvious when we set up like that the other team is going to have the majority of the ball, but what about the chances? I can't remember City even getting a good chance in either of those games despite dominating possession which we were happy to give them, Liverpool also did nothing besides a Sterling masterclass, we then instantly responded with a goal. 

Against PSG it didn't work whatsoever, we failed miserably home & away and it was very depressing in the Champions League of all places. But in the league I understand it, it's a long season, getting a point in the big games is very effective, it's a reason why Jose has got such a good CV of silverware. You can either play the "right way" as Brendan Rodgers once said and Arsene Wenger has said similar in the past, or you can be Jose and win a sh*t load more trophies. 

I wouldn't say we cotained them, City away maybe but at home they pinned us back and we were hanging on for grim death. In the cup semi final we got battered and had Courtois to thank for not being humiliated let alone progressing.

ashwin likes this

Just now, Argo said:

I wouldn't say we cotained them, City away maybe but at home they pinned us back and we were hanging on for grim death. In the cup semi final we got battered and had Courtois to thank for not being humiliated let alone progressing.

At home against City we were fatigued, all our starting players every game (which f**king annoyed the hell out of me) came back to bite us. But we still came out with a point and City did nothing to punish us despite being first to the ball all the time in the 2nd half. 

Liverpool game I can't really remember that much, I remember us never being on the ball but Liverpool getting chances? I'll have to watch the highlights to refresh my memory. I remember it being a painful game to watch though. 

Argo likes this

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

I was at the Etihad before Eva Gate. City crushed us with Jose in charge.

12 hours ago, Zeta said:

Jose sides are less likely to get dominated because of his insistence on packing his sides with physical giants. City will play Utd off the park football wise but Mourinho will rely on the likes of Matic, Fellani, Jones, Lukaku etc to be physical and spoil things.

15 hours ago, JoseBlues said:
16 hours ago, Zeta said:

10 man PSG?

The most embarassing game!!!

On 10/5/2017 at 14:58, Slojo said:

What would you call United under SAF? There's more than one way to skin a cat. Jose just prefers a more cautious approach. His CL at Inter took a herculean effort none of his teams have been able to repeat since. Winning with the approach he uses has been an exception rather than a rule. I can't think of any other top manager who regularly sets out so defensive. The guy is effective at what he does and it works for him for a period of time but I don't think Big Sam is wrong when he says he could do the same if he were in the job

ashwin likes this

Yeah, United were very boring in the latter part of SAF's career, especially the post-Ronaldo era, I have no idea how he won 2 league titles with that abysmal squad. 

People over at Redcafe are buzzing about Mourinho being offered a £65m 5 year contract at Utd. Oh how i can't wait for two years down the line and see their responses then. They truly believe he loves Utd and fecked up at Chelsea second time round so he could join them. 

Will a broken team be worth the short term success?

Strider6003 and ashwin like this

Jose going into his second season syndrome already? Personally I think he’s putting pressure of United to give him a new contract. He’s not leaving them any time soon. 

Surprised he wants to go to PSG though. Didn’t he previously say he didn’t like one team leagues?

Drogbaholic likes this