Andre Gomes

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's on skys top 10 possible transfers that's done by Football Whispers, how accurate that is I don't know.

To be honest, he's not getting a game behind that imposter Joao Mario for Portugal so that worries me a little.

Purely because in my opinion Mario is awful which explains why he was put out on loan from Sportings B team.

It's on skys top 10 possible transfers that's done by Football Whispers, how accurate that is I don't know.

To be honest, he's not getting a game behind that imposter Joao Mario for Portugal so that worries me a little.

Purely because in my opinion Mario is awful which explains why he was put out on loan from Sportings B team.

It's hard to judge players solely on the basis of how they perform for their national teams. If I only watched Costa for Spain, I'd have thought he was total rubbish. On the other hand, quite a few Italian lads looked brilliant at the Euro, but it was mostly due to the great work of Conte who inspired the team to such displays rather than individual quality of its players.

Gomes is very talented. Conte may be just the right man to mould him into a star.

Anyone interested in either Mario or Gomes after this Euro needs to have their head checked.

You can't base how good a player is or isn't off an international tournament. It's not the same as club football.

Liverpool signed Diouff after a good World Cup and he was dross.

We signed Costa and he had a sh*t World Cup but ended up been fantastic for us.

There are many many more examples.

You can't base how good a player is or isn't off an international tournament. It's not the same as club football.

Liverpool signed Diouff after a good World Cup and he was dross.

We signed Costa and he had a sh*t World Cup but ended up been fantastic for us.

There are many many more examples.

Fantastic and Costa is a gross exaggeration. 'Good' is a better description as to what Costa has been.

And I prefer a player like Renato Sanches who is great both at club and country level. Obvious talent.

Mario especially seems like a big risk player - absolutely terrible decision making, makes Ramires look like a thoughtful player. Gomes hasn't been that bad, but he has been utterly average.

Fantastic and Costa is a gross exaggeration. 'Good' is a better description as to what Costa has been.

And I prefer a player like Renato Sanches who is great both at club and country level. Obvious talent.

Mario especially seems like a big risk player - absolutely terrible decision making, makes Ramires look like a thoughtful player. Gomes hasn't been that bad, but he has been utterly average.

It's irrelevant, what's relevant is you can't base how good a player is based on an international tournament. Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

It definitely has some impact. At least caution is needed and definitely lowers the price at which such a risk purchase should be made.

Also: Seen Gomes several times at Valencia and he has been less than poor.

Edited by Jon Stakes

It definitely has some impact. At least caution is needed and definitely lowers the price at which such a risk purchase should be made.

There's proof it doesn't though, Arshavin and Diouf are great examples of played who had excellent tournaments then were woeful at club level. Examples of players who were sh*t at international tournaments the good/fantastic/decent for their clubs after are guys like Costa, etc.

Heck look at Lampard, Gerrard etc, great club players but were poor in major international tournaments.

There's proof it doesn't though, Arshavin and Diouf are great examples of played who had excellent tournaments then were woeful at club level. Examples of players who were sh*t at international tournaments the good/fantastic/decent for their clubs after are guys like Costa, etc.

Heck look at Lampard, Gerrard etc, great club players but were poor in major international tournaments.

Even if England didn't perform you could see by watching them that Lampard and Gerrard were class. So poor example. This is a team sport and they obviously weren't responsible for England's woes.

As for Costa... Never liked him, so... won't comment...

Even if England didn't perform you could see by watching them that Lampard and Gerrard were class. So poor example. This is a team sport and they obviously weren't responsible for England's woes.

How is it a poor example? Watch the last two world cups they both played in they looked terrible.

It's irrelevant if you liked him the fact is he had a sh*te World Cup and was great for us. That's the point here.

You really are the idiot all other idiots should be measured against.

Anyone interested in either Mario or Gomes after this Euro needs to have their head checked. Especially a team with Champions League ambitions.

Of course, they aren't good enough. They aren't Africans, so how good can they really be?

How is it a poor example? Watch the last two world cups they both played in they looked terrible.

It's irrelevant if you liked him the fact is he had a sh*te World Cup and was great for us. That's the point here.

I don't know what England you were watching but both were class at Euro 2004, World Cup 2006, World Cup 2010.

Overall not a good argument. Its not like they sucked.

Of course, they aren't good enough. They aren't Africans, so how good can they really be?

Honestly: Have you watched Valencia? Have you watched Portugal? Andre Gomes is as average as they come and 23 yo already.

Defensively mediocre, offensively mediocre, Can't even dribble, but still does so incessantly. For the love of me I have no idea why anyone would want such a player, especially in a CL side.

And if you don't believe me: Check his Whoscored (6,78) and Squawka (-90) ratings. Squawka even has him as Valencia's worst player... 

Sure statistics aren't everything, but they give some indication. And if you want to purchase a Valencia midfielder why not go for Parejo?

I have no idea why you people are so protective of this purchase.

Edited by Jon Stakes

Because his opinion is different? Why bother coming on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not because of that.

Sent from slate and chalk using hands.