ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

8,244 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Cheers mate, take it it's after the Cambridge vs Leeds match

your being far too sensible, its before the !ast match of round 3,

it was far better when it was on the radio Monday dinner 1.15 

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

It's been a while since I've seen anyone push Arsenal around like Preston did in the first half. That was a magnificent [early] performance from them, pressing like a proper team and everything.

Also... hahaha f**k off Everton/Lukaku/Koeman/John Stones, I hope we spank Peterborough and get Leicester away (like I always hope).

2 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Cheers mate, take it it's after the Cambridge vs Leeds match

Beforehand, around 7.10pm, live on BT Sports 2.

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

1 hour ago, havelschayes said:

"london stadium" finest moment

What an annoying bloody laugh that blokes got.

Posted (edited)

Not only did Paul Merson go on a rant about Marco Silva being appointed by Hull yesterday and on a bitter British managers don't get a chance rant, He also tipped Bournemouth, Stoke and Everton as outside bets to win the FA Cup, Don't get me wrong i like listening to the nutcase as he's so outlandish it's almost normal. He also said last week that West Ham should sell Payet for £30m and buy Martial for £20m, A player who cost roughly £40m last year and is one of the most highly sort after young players in world football.

Edited by Kinkladze1871
Beerqueen likes this

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else think some of the kick off times this season are a bit ridiculous  ?

Cardiff vs Fulham today was an 11:30 am kick off.......it's a bit early isn't it ? Maybe this is why Cardiff's stadium has hardly anybody in there.

Some of the dates and times of fixtures this season have been all over the place.

Edited by Scott Harris

18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Does anyone else think some of the kick off times this season are a bit ridiculous  ?

Cardiff vs Fulham today was an 11:30 am kick off.......it's a bit early isn't it ? Maybe this is why Cardiff's stadium has hardly anybody in there.

Some of the dates and times of fixtures this season have been all over the place.

Notice how there's also been a lot of 12pm kickoffs on the Sunday also, Which allows them to have three televised games instead of the routine two, They have the 12pm, The 2.05pm and the 4.30pm slots for the Prem instead of the usual 1.30pm and 4pm slots, It's all to do with money plus trying to get more prime time slots for the Asian audiences.

7 minutes ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

Notice how there's also been a lot of 12pm kickoffs on the Sunday also, Which allows them to have three televised games instead of the routine two, They have the 12pm, The 2.05pm and the 4.30pm slots for the Prem instead of the usual 1.30pm and 4pm slots, It's all to do with money plus trying to get more prime time slots for the Asian audiences.

They are even messing with the big games. We played you on a Saturday lunch time, we played Liverpool on a Monday, United played Liverpool on a Monday. These games should always be either Saturday 5:30pm or Sunday 4pm games. These are the biggest games in a season, the kick off times should be sensible times for people in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

They are even messing with the big games. We played you on a Saturday lunch time, we played Liverpool on a Monday, United played Liverpool on a Monday. These games should always be either Saturday 5:30pm or Sunday 4pm games. These are the biggest games in a season, the kick off times should be sensible times for people in the UK.

There is nothing worse than a big Monday night game, The amount of times MOTD2 has been moved to the Monday, Only for it to be a waste of time.

Scott Harris likes this

The magic of the FA Cup, For Liverpool to rotate their entire side and play roughly 11 academy kids, For Plymouth to rock up to Anfield, Park the double decker and play for a replay so you can get a nice payday despite slating the bigger clubs and leagues for being a bunch of greedy c-unts at the same time and go there and kill the game to the point where a guy who drank 2 cans of red bull before the game falls asleep after 55 minutes, The magic of the FA Cup, My ar-se, So sad to see the FA Cup treated with such disdain.

That 0-0 gives Liverpool an issue though; looks like they will play United on Sunday 15th, the Plymouth replay on Tuesday or Wednesday 17/18th and then Swansea at lunchtime on Saturday 21st. 

Celery1989 and Bobbywoodhogan like this

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

That 0-0 gives Liverpool an issue though; looks like they will play United on Sunday 15th, the Plymouth replay on Tuesday or Wednesday 17/18th and then Swansea at lunchtime on Saturday 21st. 

Exactly, Then you have the smug Eddie Howe changing his entire starting xi for the game yesterday against Milwall, Given the Last 16 of the CL is coming up i suppose you can understand Howe wanting to keep his side fresh for that congested period, He will make a great Arsenal manager i swear, At least Liverpool and Klopp could argue they have bigger fish to fry, What is Bournemouth's excuse? If this has become a 2nd rate trophy for the likes of Bournemouth, Then there needs to be big changes, Mainly with the prize money and sponsors.

Edited by Kinkladze1871
Scott Harris and bluegraham like this

yeah - it's a shame clubs like Bournemouth don't even try to do something in the FA Cup. For years it was always Newcastle that amazed me. Never good enough to challenge in the league but they often had a side that could have pulled something out of the bag in a one off game.

Beerqueen likes this

Posted (edited)

What can they do though? Champions League place for the winner? Increasing the prize money burnt that simple. Tell you a couple of things that probably would help, getting it back on Sky and putting the kick offs on at normal times.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Years ago Mourinho suggested that the top 6/7 sides in the premier league should be treated differently in the draw - always drawn away to a lower league side in the 3,4,and 5th rounds or something like that.

That would give smaller clubs a pay day, it might give you more "upsets" but it might also make it more interesting for midtable premier league clubs too.

Arsenal wouldn't like it since they get a nosebleed if they have to play away in the FA Cup 

38 minutes ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

Exactly, Then you have the smug Eddie Howe changing his entire starting xi for the game yesterday against Milwall, Given the Last 16 of the CL is coming up i suppose you can understand Howe wanting to keep his side fresh for that congested period, He will make a great Arsenal manager i swear, At least Liverpool and Klopp could argue they have bigger fish to fry, What is Bournemouth's excuse? If this has become a 2nd rate trophy for the likes of Bournemouth, Then there needs to be big changes, Mainly with the prize money and sponsors.

I'd like to see the lower ranked team at the time of the draw being at home. Maybe impose a rule that at least 5 of the team that starts begins the next league match. Get rid drawing the next round before the previous round has finished unless there has been a postponement.

I think increasing the prize money would certainly be a start and i think getting it fully on itv/bbc would be a good idea also, BT sport are poor in every facet of their football coverage, From the annoying pundits, To the looking for controversy bs in every match. I also like the idea of the higher ranked teams playing away to the lower seeds, They do that in Germany so why not here? What's better? United/Chelsea/Liverpool at home to Reading/Pboro/Plymouth or away to those teams with testing surfaces, On a cold, windy Sunday afternoon? Something has to be done because this entire week/weekend has felt a bit international break-ish for me.

Posted (edited)

I just don't understand some clubs, what is their main objective every season ? Look at Southampton for example. Surely their main aim is Europa League football, they achieved that last season. Then when they finally get to play in it this season, they rotate their squad and end up going out in the first round. What was the point in trying to qualify for it in the first place?

Tottenham are another example. They finally get back into the Champions League and then rest their players in a big Champions League match just so their players would be in the best physical shape to lose against us in the Premier League. It's crazy.

Now we have mid table Premier League sides rotating so many of their players in the F.A cup and end up going out of the competition. What is the point in that ? is finishing mid table so much better than having a good run in a cup competition and possibly even winning it ? I don't think so. If i was a coach, i would actually want some success to my name when my career comes to an end.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

What can they do though? Champions League place for the winner? Increasing the prize money burnt that simple. Tell you a couple of things that probably would help, getting it back on Sky and putting the kick offs on at normal times.

I can't see how getting it back on Sky will help much, they were the first bunch to start fecking around with ridiculous kick off times years ago. At least some of the FA Cup games are free to air on Bbc at the moment.

Beerqueen likes this

Apparantly City is close to signing Rakitic from Barcelona. That's according to Croatian media.