Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

5,797 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Boyne said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38650163

The Football Association is looking at introducing retrospective bans to English football for players who dive or feign injury.

Officials will go on a fact-finding trip to Scotland, where retrospective bans are already used.

In England, players are currently only given retrospective bans for incidents of violent conduct.

It is understood a rule change would require agreement from all football governing bodies in England.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche believes diving would be eradicated from football "in six months" with retrospective bans.

According to a report in Tuesday's Times newspaper, senior figures at the FA are keen to press ahead with the move.

Dyche's comments come after two recent incidents in Premier League matches.

Robert Snodgrass apologised for going down without contact to earn a penalty for Hull against Crystal Palace, while Dele Alli won a debated spot-kick in Tottenham's 5-0 win over Swansea.

At the start of the current season, Hearts' Jamie Walker was given a retrospective two-match ban for diving to win a penalty against Celtic in the Scottish Premiership.

The Scottish FA found him in breach of disciplinary rule 201 as the "simulation caused a match official to make an incorrect decision". The player contested the charge, but the compliance officer's verdict was upheld.

Under current Football Association rules in England, players who pretend to have been fouled should receive a caution for simulation, which comes under the category of unsporting behaviour, if the incident is spotted by the match officials.

However, this can only occur during matches at the moment.

Data correct as of 11 December 2016

Analysis

BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent Richard Conway

The question of how to deal with players who dive or cheat has long troubled English football.

The law which allows retrospective punishment in Scotland is being examined closely by FA chiefs.

But any changes in England would require agreement from the game's various stakeholders. That means the Professional Footballers' Association, League Managers Association, English Football League and Premier League would all need to reach a consensus.

Concerns over player's cheating is on Fifa's mind too.

Marco van Basten, the former Netherlands striker who is the world governing body's chief technical officer, told the BBC last month it is discussing rule changes to increase "honesty" within football.

That could include a rugby style regulation that would allow only the captain to speak with the referee.

I'm on board with both. Ban divers after the fact, maybe the offended party could lodge an appeal or complaint to trigger a review? I like the idea of only the captain speaking with the official as well. Painful to see 5 or 6 grown men yelling at an official to send someone off 

the special one likes this

I think video refereeing would also go a long way to help eradicate diving. I'm also of the opinion that diving should be a red card offence, as it is the worst form of cheating in my eyes

Celery1989 and Sexyfootball like this

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

john aldridge stating United lack class, for trying to rescue a point, can't think of too many ex players that are bigger c*nts than him.

He's unbelievably pathetic, the stupid tached twat. 

Bobbywoodhogan likes this

59 minutes ago, dkw said:

He's unbelievably pathetic, the stupid tached twat. 

Him and Collymore are the gutter of punditry, they have to have extreme views so that people listen to them.

stevo likes this

3 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

john aldridge stating United lack class, for trying to rescue a point, can't think of too many ex players that are bigger c*nts than him.

I doubt he'd be complaining about United's 'lack of class' if Liverpool won. Such a bitter man!

1 hour ago, coco said:

Him and Collymore are the gutter of punditry, they have to have extreme views so that people listen to them.

Both are c**ts, simple as that. 

coco and Bobbywoodhogan like this

6 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I'm on board with both. Ban divers after the fact, maybe the offended party could lodge an appeal or complaint to trigger a review? I like the idea of only the captain speaking with the official as well. Painful to see 5 or 6 grown men yelling at an official to send someone off 

I think this would be opening a can of worms. Do you expect the FA to be a sensible and impartial judge of what is a dive and what's not?

luckywerthers and PloKoon13 like this

5 hours ago, adineen98 said:

I think video refereeing would also go a long way to help eradicate diving. I'm also of the opinion that diving should be a red card offence, as it is the worst form of cheating in my eyes

The genuine cheats yes, but a lot of the time players "dive" because the alternative is getting snapped in two. Blatant cheat dives im on board with punishing, but if there's any doubt, then the player should get the benefit of said doubt, especially if he has no previous.

The genuine cheats yes, but a lot of the time players "dive" because the alternative is getting snapped in two. Blatant cheat dives im on board with punishing, but if there's any doubt, then the player should get the benefit of said doubt, especially if he has no previous.

Yeah I know what you mean, that's why I think video refereeing would help. As you said the blatant dives should be rightly punished but dubious ones should be reviewed on camera e.g. I remember when we were home to Utd in the 12/13 season and Torres got a second yellow for diving when he was actually fouled by Evans(?)
Argo likes this

Get in Sutton Utd!  Leeds up next. Sure there will be a few Chels faces showing up for that one. 

Celery1989 likes this

2 minutes ago, stevo said:

Aldridge is a f**king w**ker. 

what's he said now? - or are you just making a statement of fact?

Generally I'm not a huge fan of attaching personal feelings to footballers (although I am very often guilty of it), or at least ascribing some kind of moral failings to football figures just because I don't like their team, but, if certain allegations are true, John Aldridge is genuinely an appalling human being, and has never been held accountable for it.

The website on which the original article is hosted has since shut down, but it seems to have been reposted in its entirety on this Man City site. In short, the article claims that while he was Tranmere manager, he bullied a youth player to the verge of suicide:

http://www.mcfcforum.com/index.php/forum/other-football-and-sport/125947-john-aldridge-s-a-vile-excuse-of-a-human-being

You can bank on the tv networks to pick the wrong tie to broadcast, So instead of televising a local derby in Wimbledon v Sutton, They show us a rubbish championship side away to a conference side with no back drop or story line to the tie.