ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

Well City have hardly set the league alight this year, so its no surprise that even a poor Arsenal side can beat an awful City defence....no offence but not really sure how you can make the comparison between us and you.

I wasn't trying to make City look better, I was explaining how deluded Arsenal fans work, It's one thing to beat us but to beat us and United will provide them with a different level of false confidence again, I know we've been dyer this year, Never said we weren't.

ok judged too quickly what mcmahoman said in my previous post before watching the video. to be fair, he wasn't wrong. he was saying this season we wouldn't be as good, but next season with a summer window we could do well. the english teams are a way behind the other top european teams (like he said) but hopefully that reduces next season. 

Edited by enigma

Jose's Manchester United have now failed to score in all four of their away games against the "Big Six" ... let's hope they can break that duck in their one remaining away fixture at White Hart Lane !

5 minutes ago, Gem said:

Did all my housework etc yesterday so I could lounge out on the sofa all afternoon and watch the two entertaining games today. 

Absolute bore. 

I'm glad if decided on other things, although I did finish off 13 Reasons Why and wish I'd just not bothered watching it so my choice was a bore too.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

Jose needs to stop moaning so much about the amount of games. In 12/13 we played 69 games... SIXTY NINE, we had a sh*t, fat Spanish waiter in charge, and we still finished 3rd and won the Europa league.

If it's that big of a deal for him then he could always manage a team like Southampton or Everton. They play about 40 a season. The fact is, if he wants to be involved in these competitions then his team is going to have to play more games. Instead of moaning about it, Mourinho should learn to rotate his players better instead of playing them game after game until the are burnt out or get injured.

Jose isn't going to rotate, he's continually won trophies by doing the exact opposite.

He's a moaner and he'd moan regardless of rotation , injuries or anything else. Just the way he is  

Edited by Chelsbear

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

The Red Cafe should be fun later

I don't think they'll moan much. They seem resigned to finishing out of the top 4 and focusing on the Europa league even before this match... for some reason. Had they won this they would have been 1 point off 4th. Jose has them convinced they had no chance at 4th so all the eggs were in the European basket. I hope it bites them in the ass but it won't. 

On the bright side, if United drop points against Spurs Arsenal could get fifth and Europa next season which which takes them out of league contention and we get to watch the annual meltdown. If they beat Spurs it makes things easier for us and we get to see another Spurs meltdown. Win win

Didn't see the Arsenal/ Man U game today but was in the car for a while listening to live commentary on the match and the subject of Mata came up. Whoever was commentating with Alan Green said something along the lines that it wasn't Mourinho that was looking to sell Mata but Chelsea done it to balance the books. Green replied that he didn't think Abramovich needed Mata money to balance the books but this guy continued with something similar. Don't know who it was but just came across as a Man U/ Mourinho apologist. 

After a few swear words I just turned it off.

7 minutes ago, goose said:

Didn't see the Arsenal/ Man U game today but was in the car for a while listening to live commentary on the match and the subject of Mata came up. Whoever was commentating with Alan Green said something along the lines that it wasn't Mourinho that was looking to sell Mata but Chelsea done it to balance the books. Green replied that he didn't think Abramovich needed Mata money to balance the books but this guy continued with something similar. Don't know who it was but just came across as a Man U/ Mourinho apologist. 

After a few swear words I just turned it off.

It was Mark Schwarzer.

If the top six finish the season with 70 points or more, it will be the first time that has ever happened in the Premier League and the first time it has happened in the top division of English football since 1986. I just thought i would share this pointless bit of information :biggrin:

Have you seen ArsenalfanTV? Sometimes you need to be reminded what kind of mugs they are, celebrating like they've won like a cup or something when they've finally beaten a Mourinhou side in a league game. As if that's not enough, it was a heavily weakened United side and they're celebrating it like it was some kind of big accomplishment.

Hope we beat this lot in the cup final.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

If the top six finish the season with 70 points or more, it will be the first time that has ever happened in the Premier League and the first time it has happened in the top division of English football since 1986. I just thought i would share this pointless bit of information :biggrin:

I don't know if its just the bottom 15 suck or the top are just so good. But you look at it and there are teams in the top half who don't even have 50 points. Maybe the other 14 draw each other more often and are closer in quality but its beginning to look like a La Liga table. Maybe its the influx of money that is seperating the top teams from everyone else. As someone said only 10 points between 8th and 18th. WBA in 8th on 45 points, feels strange. 

29 minutes ago, Zero said:

Have you seen ArsenalfanTV? Sometimes you need to be reminded what kind of mugs they are, celebrating like they've won like a cup or something when they've finally beaten a Mourinhou side in a league game. As if that's not enough, it was a heavily weakened United side and they're celebrating it like it was some kind of big accomplishment.

Hope we beat this lot in the cup final.

Even one of them pointed out the side they played against cost 220m lol. Congrats on ending the 'unbeaten' run tho

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

12 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Even one of them pointed out the side they played against cost 220m lol. Congrats on ending the 'unbeaten' run tho

Haha, do they even realize what they've regressed to? So small time...

Edited by Zero

4 hours ago, robdog said:

well the hate is running pretty deep these days - not sure of you heard what Steve punk-ass McManaman said on BT Sport

"Chelsea will not be a force in Europe"

How in the hell did he come up w/ a crap idea like that?

As mcmanaman concedes, it depends what all the clubs spend in the summer so his opinion means jack sh*t...chelsea will spend big and with conte getting players he wants, I'd have high hopes for us to put in a decent challenge...I know we've been a bit ropey defensively last few months, but I think conte's tactics are even more suited to europe

Edited by The Brit

The lame pundit that is Phil Neville just said he's bored of the pl and standard is low...you just know he wouldn't be saying that if Utd were top of the league..,he's also timed this lazy rant to coincide with lack of champions league challenge from pl...I think the pl hype is ott, but Neville is just trying to be controversial/cutting edge by slagging it off

37 minutes ago, The Brit said:

As mcmanaman concedes, it depends what all the clubs spend in the summer so his opinion means jack sh*t...chelsea will spend big and with conte getting players he wants, I'd have high hopes for us to put in a decent challenge...I know we've been a bit ropey defensively last few months, but I think conte's tactics are even more suited to europe

A decent challenge? I'll be disappointed we don't win if Conte gets a few players he wants. I think he's banking on finally spending for reinforcements unlike at Juve. They brought players in but they all weren't high class. Alot of free transfers. Indications seem like we're aiming at bringing in 2 or 3 upgrades on top of who we have. 

22 minutes ago, The Brit said:

The lame pundit that is Phil Neville just said he's bored of the pl and standard is low...you just know he wouldn't be saying that if Utd were top of the league..,he's also timed this lazy rant to coincide with lack of champions league challenge from pl...I think the pl hype is ott, but Neville is just trying to be controversial/cutting edge by slagging it off

Funny how its dropped in a season we look to win, 13 game win streak and looking to finish with 90 points isn't it? I agree it's fallen off a bit overall but the top teams haven't done anything less than recent

Edited by TheChelseaBlues