Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

11,056 posts in this topic

I hope he's found safe and well. He's one of the few Arsenal fans on that channel that I actually have some element of respect for.

Some things are bigger than football and this is one of them. Apparently been dealing with depression if social media is anything to go by.

He's a passionate Arsenal fan who seems to posses some intelligence......... Of course he's dealing with depression.

but glad to hear he is well enough

Utd signing Ibra and Mkhitaryan in the space of a few days show they mean business. One of the best attacks in the league next season. Reckon they'll be challenging for the title for sure.

I wonder how United fans feel about Jose getting rid of Giggs. Apparently Jose said that it would be a conflict of interest him being assistant as he wants the United job. There were rumours that Jose doesn't trust Giggs and would rather have Rui instead.

Sounds like Jose paranoia has started already.

offside likes this

I wonder how United fans feel about Jose getting rid of Giggs. Apparently Jose said that it would be a conflict of interest him being assistant as he wants the United job. There were rumours that Jose doesn't trust Giggs and would rather have Rui instead.

Did Jose not offer gigs a backroom role though?

TBH any incoming manager should have final say of who works with them regardless of that persons stature at the club. A fresh start should be exactly that.

offside likes this

You could hardly call Giggs a staunch supporter of Van Gaal during his tenure, Mourinho is smart to get rid of him.

Essien19 likes this

But still, if a new manager had come in and got rid of JT as assistant manager we would be fuming. I wouldn't like it.

Giggs is arguably United's greatest player and Jose has just got rid of him.

RIP Mourinho likes this

But still, if a new manager had come in and got rid of JT as assistant manager we would be fuming. I wouldn't like it.

Giggs is arguably United's greatest player and Jose has just got rid of him.

Giggs choose to leave though, he wasn't kicked out as he was offered a role.

Yeah they offered him academy manager which is essentially a demotion. No wonder he left.

I don't see the problem tbh.

A new manager tends to always bring in his own people. There is no need for anyone to be upset by it

abister1 likes this

I don't see the problem tbh.

A new manager tends to always bring in his own people. There is no need for anyone to be upset by it

I wish we wouldn't keep forcing Steve Holland and Christophe Lollichon on our managers.

When a new coach comes in they should dictate their entire staff.

abister1 and Chelsbear like this

I wish we wouldn't keep forcing Steve Holland and Christophe Lollichon on our managers.

When a new coach comes in they should dictate their entire staff.

You have point, but on the other hand working with the same staff at any club may close the mind to new things. Also, it may produce yes-men, not critical when they should be, because the manager is their long term meal ticket.

Sexyfootball likes this

You have point, but on the other hand working with the same staff at any club may close the mind to new things. Also, it may produce yes-men, not critical when they should be, because the manager is their long term meal ticket.

Hadn't thought of it that way, good point.

Not sure a goalkeeping coach falls into that category, we have a weird attachment to Lollichon in that sense.

I dunno, I just sometimes feel the owner/board have certain expectations but restrict progress by intervening with odd things like the coaching set up.

Agree with you on Lollichon, especially given that Courtois thinks he's a prick (ironic) and if you believe Duncan Castles, José wanted rid of him several times too.

I'm fine with Steve Holland staying. A safe pair of hands that knows every player at the club inside out.

Jezz and offside like this

Jose is giving his first press conference this morning. Be interesting to see what he says. I'm sure there will be a few digs directed towards Chelsea.

Giggs choose to leave though, he wasn't kicked out as he was offered a role.

It was his choice. He is taking a break from the game to spend more time with his brother's family.

Chelsbear and Adam like this

As much as I think it was the right decision to get rid of Jose, it still hurts to see him at United. Just gutted, he should have been with us 5-10 years not United.

After having a read through his press conference statements, I must admit he's starting to sound like the old José again.

After having a read through his press conference statements, I must admit he's starting to sound like the old José again.

The old Jose with a blank cheque book...worrying times!

Think we said that when he returned to us, he dug his own grave the second time round. To help with him rocking up there, don't forget the fights with the medical team, the needlessly defensive tactics (that PSG game where they had 10 men) and the refusal to rotate at the start of last year with so many players out of form.

offside likes this

At Chelsea Mourinho promoted, Pidgeley, Grant, Watt, Smith, Sahar, Woods, Sinclair, Hutchinson, Kalas, Swift, RLC, Christensen & Traore

how can he boast about promoting 49 youth players when so many barley got any minutes on the pitch under him! he has lost it!

jack h and offside like this

To be fair, upon his return we immediately had our best league season since Ancelotti. The second season we won the title at a canter. Last season was obviously a sh*tstorm of top-to-bottom incompetence, but that has already been discussed to death.

Supposedly he wants four new signings at Man Utd, three of whom he already has (Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan), and the fourth of whom is allegedly a holding midfielder. He says he won't play Rooney in midfield, and we can probably assume he won't be a big fan of playing Fellaini or Mata at centre mid.

To be fair, upon his return we immediately had our best league season since Ancelotti. The second season we won the title at a canter. Last season was obviously a sh*tstorm of top-to-bottom incompetence, but that has already been discussed to death.

Supposedly he wants four new signings at Man Utd, three of whom he already has (Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan), and the fourth of whom is allegedly a holding midfielder. He says he won't play Rooney in midfield, and we can probably assume he won't be a big fan of playing Fellaini or Mata at centre mid.

Rooney isn't effective at ST anymore, especially with the likes of Ibra, Martial and Rashford all performing for them. Strange decision by Mourinho to not play him in the middle of the park. Rooney operates much better at CM with his engine and passing range.