Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

13,346 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Drogbaholic said:

Someone at the club needs to be bold and start including these youngsters or we might lose them like we did Solanke. It's shocking really that John Terry was the last player to make it from our youth side and get a permanent role. 

That's Emenalo's job.

15 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

I've been watching the England youth team's success over the summer and Chelsea players have played a key part. Of course anyone who's seen them over the years win everything under the sun know how good they are but they still aren't getting a chance at senior level. They've proved themselves as the best domesticallly and internationally. 

Why is it that we are willing to spend over 100m euro on either belotti or mbappe yet if those same players were at our youth team they would probably be on loan at West Brom or hull. Someone at the club needs to be bold and start including these youngsters or we might lose them like we did Solanke. It's shocking really that John Terry was the last player to make it from our youth side and get a permanent role. 

We have not had a youth player close to the level of Mbappe since Jimmy Greaves, if we had Kylian and he went on loan to WBA he would single handedly got them 7th and be back with us. 

17 minutes ago, Deino said:

That's Emenalo's job.

Its everyone at the club's job. Needs the owner, board and especially the manager to have faith and play them knowing he has the backing of the board and can afford a season or two of no trophies whilst these kids grow. The fans will also need to be patient and stop asking for the latest shiny transfer so they can gloat on twitter.  

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

I've been watching the England youth team's success over the summer and Chelsea players have played a key part. Of course anyone who's seen them over the years win everything under the sun know how good they are but they still aren't getting a chance at senior level. They've proved themselves as the best domesticallly and internationally. 

Why is it that we are willing to spend over 100m euro on either belotti or mbappe yet if those same players were at our youth team they would probably be on loan at West Brom or hull. Someone at the club needs to be bold and start including these youngsters or we might lose them like we did Solanke. It's shocking really that John Terry was the last player to make it from our youth side and get a permanent role. 

Its not just us though , lots of English youth are finding it hard to break through I believe 3 Arsenal youth players have signed abroad so far this summer rather than renewing contracts or moving elsewhere in the UK

Edited by PedroMendez
Spudulike likes this

2 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

Its everyone at the club's job. Needs the owner, board and especially the manager to have faith and play them knowing he has the backing of the board and can afford a season or two of no trophies whilst these kids grow. The fans will also need to be patient and stop asking for the latest shiny transfer so they can gloat on twitter.  

It's Emenalo's job. He is the technical director, he is the board's go to guy for long term vision planning and football-related matters as well as having the power to advise the manager on it.

Roman should not be micromanaging the club, he gave Emenalo the job for that. The fact that Roman sanctions various bids for youth players worldwide and injected money into the academy to make it what it is today shows he is keen on producing youth players.

Fans have always been supportive of youth and new signings. But at the end of the day fans don't have as much power as Emenalo. 

14 minutes ago, Drogbaholic said:

We tried that in 2010 and we had to then burn out an already ageing first team squad because the youngster's were out of there depth, and it set us back year's.

7 minutes ago, Deino said:

It's Emenalo's job. He is the technical director, he is the board's go to guy for long term vision planning and football-related matters as well as having the power to advise the manager on it.

Roman should not be micromanaging the club, he gave Emenalo the job for that. The fact that Roman sanctions various bids for youth players worldwide and injected money into the academy to make it what it is today shows he is keen on producing youth players.

Fans have always been supportive of youth and new signings. But at the end of the day fans don't have as much power as Emenalo. 

It's not his job to start youth players on the first team; his job is to develop youngsters which he's done superbly. Sick of the constant emenalo bashing on here.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

We tried that in 2010 and we had to then burn out an already ageing first team squad because the youngster's were out of there depth, and it set us back year's.

My memory isn't very good but could you tell me which youngsters we tried that time? I honesty don't remember. 

ashwin likes this

Just now, Drogbaholic said:

It's not his job to start youth players on the first team; his job is to develop youngsters which he's done superbly. Sick of the constant emenalo bashing on here.

My memory isn't very good but could you tell me which youngsters we tried that time? I honesty don't remember. 

Kakuta, PVA, Bruma and Josh. All aside from Josh were out of there depth and couldn't cope, and even Josh himself wasn't as good as people made out.

1 minute ago, Drogbaholic said:

That is only part of his job, he's the one who is supposed to convince the coach to start these players. 

There might be constant bashing unwarranted even on him but this critique is because he's not finishing up on this job of his. So he buys 16-19yr olds, send them to the youth teams and loans then just drops them to the coach? Is that what you're saying? The guy isn't Youth Team Director. His title is CFC Technical Director, he oversees everything from under 9s to the 1st team. 

Conte is just the Head Coach whose job is to coach the 1st team and manage their performances. Even the decision of buying and selling players is taken through discussion by Conte and the board. Even if Conte pitches names, Emenalo can still argue about it. It's not Conte's fault if the players aren't to his liking, he stated multiple times that his job isn't to make people happy, it's to win consistently.

On 7/12/2017 at 07:19, Spudulike said:

That's a fair point but surely he can't go to another World Cup? He's done little (in fairness, neither did anyone else) at the last two we attended. He's definitely slower and, with - we hope - younger and fresher players coming through, he must be in the past internationally?

Looked at another way, he didn't work wonders, in World Cups, when at his peak (lots of reasons for this of course and few are his fault).

Younger and fresher players like Defoe?

42 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

Younger and fresher players like Defoe?

Good Lord no. 

Players like Tammy Abraham and Demarai Grey. They need experience but they should be where we look for coming tournaments.

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Good Lord no. 

Players like Tammy Abraham and Demarai Grey. They need experience but they should be where we look for coming tournaments.

My point being that Southgate recalled and started Defoe in a qualifier a couple of moths ago after he went years without being in a squad.

Rooney has a much easier way back into things than Defoe did.

He'll do well at Everton and the media love-in will resume.

Although i'm not a big fan of Southgate and think he will tactically make a tit out of himself next summer, he has made his selection's a lot more based on merit than a huge number of his predecessor's have.

Strider6003 likes this

Most clubs end up having to do very weird sh*t for their foreign sponsers, i've seen chelsea videos of all sorts of asian craziness.

Sadly Celtic fans chose to glorify IRA terrorism at tonight's game at home to Linfield. I am sure Brendan Rodgers will be utterly ashamed. 

IMG_20170720_001929.jpg

Sadly Celtic fans chose to glorify IRA terrorism at tonight's game at home to Linfield. I am sure Brendan Rodgers will be utterly ashamed. 

IMG_20170720_001929.thumb.jpg.d155fda9537a1312758fa1753a138cd7.jpg

Lol, looks like roger from American dad in the sunglasses!!
jack h and Zeta like this

57 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

IMG_20170720_001929.jpg

/vile