Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

ForeverCarefree

Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

7,634 posts in this topic

At Chelsea Mourinho promoted, Pidgeley, Grant, Watt, Smith, Sahar, Woods, Sinclair, Hutchinson, Kalas, Swift, RLC, Christensen & Traore

how can he boast about promoting 49 youth players when so many barley got any minutes on the pitch under him! he has lost it!

Wasnt expecting anything else lol. So about 10 starts over 7 years. Yeah, everyone got you pegged all wrong Mourinho

TJB and pacquiao like this

Yeah defintely an overstatement by Jose on the Chelsea youth players. He may have given some of them some

Minutes but he didn't really develop them or nurture them.

Looks abit desperate writing out the list of players and showing it at a press conference.

offside likes this

It was probably just his shopping list. I suppose it was just his way of dismissing a particular narrative. The rest of his justification on the matter was far more interesting (he went point-by-point though his views on starting youngsters).

Man Utd have quite a lot of very talented youngsters, he'd be mad not to make some use of them; I can imagine him getting on very well with Lingard in particular. If he does incorporate some of them into his first-team squad I imagine all these accusations of never bringing through youngsters will go away.

Regarding Rooney he had this to say: "You can tell me his pass is amazing, but my pass is amazing too without pressure." I can't imagine him not using Rooney at all; if I had to guess I'd say José will return him to his favoured role of second striker.

"I am where I want to be."

LOL ....

I tell you what, if our first two signings this season had been Eric "Who?" Bailly and the 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic ... there would have been merry hell to pay on this forum LOL

Just like seeing an ex with a new bloke so soon after a break-up, not a pleasant sight and while I'll always remember the good times, can't help but feel disappointed seeing him make nice nice with the enemy

Beerqueen, Spiller86, Jezz and 2 others like this

It was probably just his shopping list. I suppose it was just his way of dismissing a particular narrative. The rest of his justification on the matter was far more interesting (he went point-by-point though his views on starting youngsters).

Man Utd have quite a lot of very talented youngsters, he'd be mad not to make some use of them; I can imagine him getting on very well with Lingard in particular. If he does incorporate some of them into his first-team squad I imagine all these accusations of never bringing through youngsters will go away.

Regarding Rooney he had this to say: "You can tell me his pass is amazing, but my pass is amazing too without pressure." I can't imagine him not using Rooney at all; if I had to guess I'd say José will return him to his favoured role of second striker.

Even Chelsea had lot of talented youngsters and he didn't make use of them especially last season

It's a kick in the teeth seeing him at Manchester United, but I won't forget all the great memories we had with him.

Now it's time for Conte to make us a top club again! :JC_doubleup:

Barn likes this

The problem with our youngsters (in José's eyes) is that none of them were really established in the first team.

Obviously that's a self-defeating system (i.e. how does one expect to get enough experience without being permitted to get experience?), and I'm certainly not saying I agree with it, but Man Utd already have Lingard, Depay, Rashford and Borthwick-Jackson who managed to get quite a few games last season. We also mustn't forget Luke Shaw, who one would imagine is a shoo-in to be their starting left-back when he recovers from injury.

Jose also said that if he didn't establish the 5 youngsters (RLC, Baker etc) that he would have failed. Only RLC got anywhere near the team and left frozen out by the end.

Here is squawkas take on Jose's list of youth players. 42 of 49...

http://www.squawka.com/news/charting-every-debutant-under-new-man-utd-boss-jose-mourinho/680553

Loads of them getting 1 game against lesser opposition.  It's hardly something he should be using as a Resume builder. 

I'd bite their hand off for Veratti.

With this trade, and then Mendy signing for Leicester, it certainly seems that there could be a few midfielders on the move soon 

Edited by mad_mac

I wish we wouldn't keep forcing Steve Holland and Christophe Lollichon on our managers.

When a new coach comes in they should dictate their entire staff.

Lollichon I agree with especially if Tibo don't like him, but it's good to have a club assistant on the dugout.

Holland there (Wilkins and Clarke before him) eases transitions between manager's and prevents a unsettling total overhaul when we change, which we do quite a lot, although hopefully that stops at Conte, at least for 4-5 years.

Edited by Argo
offside likes this

I wonder how United fans feel about Jose getting rid of Giggs. Apparently Jose said that it would be a conflict of interest him being assistant as he wants the United job. There were rumours that Jose doesn't trust Giggs and would rather have Rui instead.

Sounds like Jose paranoia has started already.

Doesn't seem like that was the situation.

3:45

Edited by Juan Matas Beard

Listening to Talksport tonight and Jason Cundy was ripping into United fans for being hypocrites about Mourinho. Saying that they were all slagging him when he was Chelsea manager and now they're saying he's the best manager etc. So funny. United fans phoning in and going mad.

Jezz, Stim, Charles Ryder and 1 other like this

Listening to Talksport tonight and Jason Cundy was ripping into United fans for being hypocrites about Mourinho. Saying that they were all slagging him when he was Chelsea manager and now they're saying he's the best manager etc. So funny. United fans phoning in and going mad.

What annoys about United supporters the most is that many of them mention that we bought the league due to RA financing, yet everybody seems to glance over the amount they have spent in the last two transfer windows and that number will only rise by the end of this window.

WeatherMan, Beerqueen, Jezz and 2 others like this

Cundy was also saying that he's spoken to people in the club and by the end of Jose's reign, most people were pleased that he left and he had to go. They weren't upset that he left by the end. Some of the players were but not others.

Anyway,been done to death but I thought it was an interesting insight. Would love to know what really went on.

Jason Cundy was ripping into United fans for being hypocrites about Mourinho. 

They absolutely are. But what do you expect from football fans.

Just read that Mourinho added Robben, Diarra, Mikel and Zouma to his list of youngsters that he made!

Surely he is taking the piss now!