Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

we need to move on. harder to do now when he's going to be in the media week in, week out, but it is what it is. he is at utd and i hope to god that conte shocks a lot of people in english football next season and stop the pep/jose hype from the british sporting media. 

They absolutely are. But what do you expect from football fans.

Indeed. You won't find a more fickle bunch.

The same United fans who slagged Mou off when he was with us for being arrogant, conniving, a disgrace, buying success, not suited for their club and not the "United way" etc etc are now saying how much they love him and that he is "exactly what the club needs".

I'm jealous that they have him but we have Conte, who I think is going to be a massive success with us.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3675531/From-Arjen-Robben-Marko-Arnautovic-Jimmy-Smith-Dom-Solanke-55-youngsters-Manchester-United-boss-Jose-Mourinho-claims-brought-through.html

Mourinho does realise that playing a youngster once in a cup game or signing them for millions of £'s from another club doesn't count as bringing through youth, right..?

Messi sentenced to 21 months in prison for tax fraud, according to the Spanish media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36721892

He said that he didn't know anything about his financial affairs as he was playing football. Unbelievable. The rest of us have to work or have worked and have to look after our financial affairs.

Looks like he won't serve time.

So he doesn't go to jail because the sentence is only 21 months...all sentences less than 24 months in Spain are suspended.

Convenient choice of time then, given that the judge could have given him up to 5 years.

I suppose millions of dollars isn't enough to warrant a proper sentence. Once again the rich and famous get a slap on the wrists for something i'm sure a regular Joe would be behind bars for.

Absolute scumbag, one of the highest paid sportspeople in the world and didn't pay tax in a country going through extreme economic difficulty.

His "financial guy" was his father! He knew exactly what he was doing

Clearly not hey lol

Just saying I bet 99% of footballers have accountants doing their finances. I doubt any of them know what is really going on. Why would you? You pay someone else to care.

Messi is white, a man & famous. Nothing other than no or insufficient punishment was on the table.

Uli Hoeneß
Edited by Stim

Clearly not hey lol

Just saying I bet 99% of footballers have accountants doing their finances.

Nice of his accountant to save him all those millions of dollars without asking him to, i'm sure he loved risking his career, reputation and jail by defrauding someones taxes without even being asked or them even knowing about it!

Clearly not hey lol

Just saying I bet 99% of footballers have accountants doing their finances. I doubt any of them know what is really going on. Why would you? You pay someone else to care.

Uli Hoeneß

Ignorance is no excuse in law. If he paid someone to look after his finances then he is just as culpable. The fact he has not paid his taxes in a country thats in financial ruin is a scummy thing to do, the horrible little sh*t.

Ignorance is no excuse in law. If he paid someone to look after his finances then he is just as culpable. The fact he has not paid his taxes in a country thats in financial ruin is a scummy thing to do, the horrible little sh*t.

I just think it's more stupidity than malice. On his part at least.

Which is probably why he got a shorter sentence. Did he end up paying what he owed?

Edited by Stim

I just think it's more stupidity than malice.

In law, that level of stupidity is called gross negligence, something normal people would go to jail for when it involves these sums of money.