Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

34 minutes ago, big blue said:

I thought he would kick on this year, but he looks to have regressed. I don't think he will get the game time he neds here to improve to a level we would require. 

In all honesty, I hope we sign a forward that is a little different to morata, someone who links up well, and is more of a creative type. 

I think abraham can be the back to goal target man, and would be a good back up for morata, another similar type player would push abraham down the pecking order. 

Not sure who though, but someone like firmino would be ideal. 

Get the feeling Abraham needs another season before he can become our No.2, it would seem we need an older striker still with a turn of pace unless of course we go for a loan. By January Morata is likely to be firing again making it harder to acquire a viable alternative.

Out of interest what is Pedro like leading the line, surely he must be better than Bats as he does make good runs.

32 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Get the feeling Abraham needs another season before he can become our No.2, it would seem we need an older striker still with a turn of pace unless of course we go for a loan. By January Morata is likely to be firing again making it harder to acquire a viable alternative.

Out of interest what is Pedro like leading the line, surely he must be better than Bats as he does make good runs.

I feel we have been in this situation before with lukaku. Ideally we would bring in someone like werner that is versatile enough to combine with morata and hazard, or lead the line on his own. Then have abraham there as a target man option.  

If abraham scores 12-15 goals this season, we would be mad to not to bring him back. You can guarentee we would be linked with a 21 year old English striker, with that record in the top flight. 

Let's use him, instead of putting obstacles in his path. He is still a little raw, but he has a great work ethic, and I think that will take him to the top. 

15 hours ago, brownindian said:

I dont know if u r just drunk with rage and not patient enough to bother to read and understand my post so let me break it down in points

1. Michy is not the same striker as Moratta.

2. The system we play in helps Moratta thrive.

3. It does not help Michy.

4. If you play Michy in that system and expect the same result it wont happen and ... It did not happen.

I am not advocating changing the formation although in all fairness, last year when we did change formations, it did work out good for us. Plus not all of Chelsea's titles were won on the same formation. Also, no amount of formations can do good when u have a depleted squad. 

Can you educate us about all these formations and systems, because my curiousity has grown a lot since that post. What kind of system could help Mitchy to find his place and motivation.

And, I'm asking for it again, feeling like a b*atch, but I will continue - give me Mitchy's best strengths because so far we wrote down all the weaknesses and no one, of these who defend him, has still written down some of his good sides, except the finishing 1 on 1 and positioning. 

You are talking about formations and strengths but still dont give us nethter a formation, nor what he is good at. Please. Bring some facts and arguments into this conversation. 

Edited by Pendergast

He is better suited in a two up top formation, playing off another striker.  His positioning will allow him to get in space while the other striker does the dirty work.  Asking michy to play a hold up game/back to the goal in the most physical league in the world is not smart.  It's no wonder every time he comes on and scored late goals for us last year we switched formation to two at the top.  He is a poacher, not a get in behind OR hold up striker.  

He does have some technical ability, a bit of flair.  He's also good on both feet, which is surely a plus.  He scored some very important goals for us last year, cannot forget that.  But asking him to lead our line as a sole striker..and..well..you will see lots of results like against palace.  The team played better when Michy and Willian came off.  

14 hours ago, abramovich said:

I'm patient enough to realize that Michy Batshuayi, at least at this point of his career, lacks technical ability and intelligence to play at a top level club. 

Also, Morata doesn't have much experience playing in that system. He's not used to a lone striker role, but he's working hard to adapt.

Sorry if you felt i was rude to you in my earlier post. I do recognize the flaws in Michys game, but right now with Morata injury he is all we got in the striker department and he is not there yet. Morata is head and shoulders above Michy in many levels. I think he is a scorer, creator, assitor and really it is easy to fit a person like that in any system. Michy is more in the poacher mold now and will be hard for him to reproduce the same effect that Morata has on the team 

8 hours ago, Pendergast said:

Can you educate us about all these formations and systems, because my curiousity has grown a lot since that post. What kind of system could help Mitchy to find his place and motivation.

And, I'm asking for it again, feeling like a b*atch, but I will continue - give me Mitchy's best strengths because so far we wrote down all the weaknesses and no one, of these who defend him, has still written down some of his good sides, except the finishing 1 on 1 and positioning. 

You are talking about formations and strengths but still dont give us nethter a formation, nor what he is good at. Please. Bring some facts and arguments into this conversation. 

7 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

He is better suited in a two up top formation, playing off another striker.  His positioning will allow him to get in space while the other striker does the dirty work.  Asking michy to play a hold up game/back to the goal in the most physical league in the world is not smart.  It's no wonder every time he comes on and scored late goals for us last year we switched formation to two at the top.  He is a poacher, not a get in behind OR hold up striker.  

He does have some technical ability, a bit of flair.  He's also good on both feet, which is surely a plus.  He scored some very important goals for us last year, cannot forget that.  But asking him to lead our line as a sole striker..and..well..you will see lots of results like against palace.  The team played better when Michy and Willian came off.  

@Pendergast : I don't recollect having a conversation about you in the Bashuayi thread but since u did address me i will answer. I would ask you to go through @TheChelsRVA post. He has given a good deal as did the others. We know that he is in the mold of a poacher and that is a good thing. For a striker whose primary job is to score - that is a very good thing. Now as far as formations go, he had good success when he played with Costa- Since Costa is gone, we can play him with Moratt. He can easily take Willian's spot in the line up and we should see him play the poacher role without the pressures of a striker. He can play behind the Morata. Hope this helps.

Had success? He played with Costa about 50 minutes in general last season, for crying out loud. There is no such a thing like better formation. Yes, scoring is his primary goal. But this is not Everton or Stoke. He should do some other things Which he is incapable of, as we said. 

I believe in this - there is no a striker all around the world, that wants to share the top with someone else. If he does, that means he is a scrub. If you cant play alone, that means you suck. That's the truth. Show me some guy, a world class guy, that is bad playing alone, but when you put someone alongside him, he is a top scorer. That's ridiculous excuse that i wouldnt use even if we were discussing my son. It's that bad. 

Edited by Pendergast

3 hours ago, Pendergast said:

Had success? He played with Costa about 50 minutes in general last season, for crying out loud. There is no such a thing like better formation. Yes, scoring is his primary goal. But this is not Everton or Stoke. He should do some other things Which he is incapable of, as we said. 

I believe in this - there is no a striker all around the world, that wants to share the top with someone else. If he does, that means he is a scrub. If you cant play alone, that means you suck. That's the truth. Show me some guy, a world class guy, that is bad playing alone, but when you put someone alongside him, he is a top scorer. That's ridiculous excuse that i wouldn't use even if we were discussing my son. It's that bad. 

No striker plays alone. They either play alongside another striker or alongside two playmakers/wingers. Chelsea have had great success in a two striker system in the past and our best result of the season (Atletico away) came with two strikers in that role. Guess who scored the winner that day? 

I don't think Michy will make it here but you don't half chat some bollocks. 

And this is precisely what a lot of folks meant when he said he can score and do nothing else and that is alright. His negatives are a plenty but when it comes to poaching goals - he is really good. More reason to play him in a formation that accommodates his strengths. Oh and we still need to buy a new striker and rotate among the three.

Goal scorers are the hardest thing to find and Bats is a excellent striker. However there are many parts of his game which are too weak. Wish he could improve his hold up play and the ability to bring others into the game. 

Very useful player to have in our ranks but not as a regular starter.

40 minutes ago, goose said:

Goal scorers are the hardest thing to find and Bats is a excellent striker. However there are many parts of his game which are too weak. Wish he could improve his hold up play and the ability to bring others into the game. 

Very useful player to have in our ranks but not as a regular starter.

Exactly. How many strikers have we had over the last few years who just didn't score goals for us? Batshuayi scores goals.