Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 3/29/2018 at 15:24, Argo said:

There's more chance of Torres coming back and unleashing his 2008 self.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Michy like that. 

Honestly, I find you and @RIP Mourinho opposites.

Argo will agree with every single decision the board makes, RIP Mourinho will disagree with every single decision the board makes. 

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

Argo will agree with every single decision the board makes, RIP Mourinho will disagree with every single decision the board makes. 

What can i say, i'm a glass half empty kinda guy :laugh2:

11 hours ago, Slojo said:

Not exactly true is it? Furthermore, if it was upto the board Bats would still be here.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Not exactly true is it? Furthermore, if it was upto the board Bats would still be here.

Well, you've agreed with every single manager sacking and didn't criticise the board on any way how they handled either of them. 

31 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Well, you've agreed with every single manager sacking and didn't criticise the board on any way how they handled either of them. 

Yeah, and in the exact same sentence said they got it wrong appointing half of them.

But yes the sharpness in which we sack managers when things are clearly broken is one of the clubs best quality's, look at how much United clinging onto Moyes and LVG set them back.

7 minutes ago, Argo said:

Yeah, and in the exact same sentence said they got it wrong appointing half of them.

But yes the sharpness in which we sack managers when things are clearly broken is one of the clubs best quality's, look at how much United clinging onto Moyes and LVG set them back.

Can't disagree with you there I suppose, and it could be the same with Jose if he does nothing next season which is pretty likely. 

3 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Michy has always been able to score, he is a good finisher. 

My problem with him is that his link up play, movement and control were consistently poor. Whilst he looks like a world beater during this 4 min YouTube video, we have seen first hand that his general play was lacking quality. 

Same could be said of Aubameyang & he has what 6 PL goals in 7 games. Goals win games and it is essential whoever we get in doesn’t want his front man playing with his back to goal.

36 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Same could be said of Aubameyang & he has what 6 PL goals in 7 games. Goals win games and it is essential whoever we get in doesn’t want his front man playing with his back to goal.

After nearly a decade of Drogba, we should be the last set of fans dismissing the importance of all round play in a forward.

Hopefully nothing too serious. 

Regardless of what happens I think the loan has proved he has a lot more to offer than his 18 months at Chelsea suggested. Will be interesting to see, if we get a new manager, whether he sticks around for us next season.