Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

JMaher94
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I wasn't happy with Conte initially regarding Michy, but the more I thought about it , the more right he was. Everyone expected Michy to start, but by not doing that and opting for a false 9 in the front 3, he just out did Eddie Howe's game plan. We won it convincingly, the only reason they were in the game was because we missed Kante and there's a huge gap in the midfield. I was going for a Michy cameo after Pedro's yellow card, but Conte had every right to put the extra man in midfield and close out the game. In the end Pedro scored again, so it was either coincident or Conte was a genus. Unfortunately for Michy, when the team is on a streak like this, it's very difficult to get into that team. He will get his start in the FA cup, hopefully we will stay alive in cup for a few more rounds so he could get some game time.

13 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He had Michy ready to come on before the we scored the third goal.

So had, hypothetically, Bournemouth scored in the 90th rather than us it could have potentially set up a nervy last couple of minutes where in the crazy world of football a win suddenly becomes a draw.

So yes, it really isn't that unthinkable that a manager looks to run down the clock entering the final stages of a game, in fact it's common practice, almost all managers do it. 

So Michy was due to come on at 2-0 but then we scored, would it have been less "humiliating" if Conte having seen us score a third and wrapped up the win then sent Michy back to the bench and not subbed him on at all? 

The clean sheet itself isn't too important but if you can keep it you're going to do your utmost because it's definitely a confidence builder, especially for defenders but what is important is building your goal difference and a sub to run down the clock is a good way to achieve that goal.

By the time it got to 90th minute, the game was already done and dusted, 3rd sub wasn't necessary but  if I have to play along with your imaginary scenario about clock run down and clean sheet then batshuayi is still far from ideal for that 3rd sub.. There were zouma, a defender to solidify the defence or RLC, a midfielder to put more control in midfield... 

It's already bad enough for bats confidence to not start the game but to use him solely on for that clock run down purpose for a mere few seconds ?  is that how a manager handle our only back up striker? what positive in it for batshuayi?  if he's down,  it means Chelsea would be in trouble when costa is not available for long, 3 midgets up front is not going to cut it in Premier League..

12 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

In fairness, the guy I quoted couldnt give two sh*ts ablut whether Batshuayi plays or not, he just wants to have a pop at the manager and will take it any way he can. Hes been doing it like clockwork since this run started. Its either we chose the wrong tactics and got lucky or we didnt dominate enough at home and then when we do dominate we are not scoring enough bla bla and now this whole Michy stuff is just another chance for him to get on his soap box to yell " Bad management". Its just ridiculous

I take it you're talking about me, for a start, is your post have anything to do with the objective being discussed?  As you can see, I'm not the only one who doesn't agree with that sub but all you can do is having a pop at me for the so called that  'I'm having a pop at the manager'..  now, who's having an agenda? 

And for the record, most of my main criticisms on conte were actually came before the arsenal game so get your fact right.. During the winning streak, sure there were some manager's decisions I didn't quite agree like picking ivanovic for wingback role but not so much to be considred as having a pop at the manager.. The rest were game review, a review based on the game played..  it's normal to talk about what's lacking and how to improve or you're 1 of those simple minded fella who think if we won then the game review is automatically positive by default? 

All in all, you're just being overly sensitive on someone who doesn't follow the cult of thinking all the manager's decisions are correct and condemn anyone who dares to question his decisions..  

5 hours ago, bola said:

By the time it got to 90th minute, the game was already done and dusted, 3rd sub wasn't necessary but  if I have to play along with your imaginary scenario about clock run down and clean sheet then batshuayi is still far from ideal for that 3rd sub.. There were zouma, a defender to solidify the defence or RLC, a midfielder to put more control in midfield... 

It's already bad enough for bats confidence to not start the game but to use him solely on for that clock run down purpose for a mere few seconds ?  is that how a manager handle our only back up striker? what positive in it for batshuayi?  if he's down,  it means Chelsea would be in trouble when costa is not available for long, 3 midgets up front is not going to cut it in Premier League..

Yes, I see what you are saying. Hard logic here. The only reason Conte brought him (and not anyone else) on is clearly to kill his confidence. I guess he just wants to be in trouble and drop points if Costa is out and Michy has to play.

Why even look for other reasons...

49 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Yes, I see what you are saying. Hard logic here. The only reason Conte brought him (and not anyone else) on is clearly to kill his confidence. I guess he just wants to be in trouble and drop points if Costa is out and Michy has to play.

Why even look for other reasons...

Oh really?? You don't say... like to go around the bush? keep going, never expected you to arrive at the point in the 1st place anyway..

1 hour ago, bola said:

Oh really?? You don't say... like to go around the bush? keep going, never expected you to arrive at the point in the 1st place anyway..

Appreciate this is a forum and we sometimes have differing opinions that can inject a certain passion into the discussion, however I have noticed that a number of your posts come across as inflammatory, argumentative and somewhat aggressive. Just saying.

14 hours ago, 1905 said:

Appreciate this is a forum and we sometimes have differing opinions that can inject a certain passion into the discussion, however I have noticed that a number of your posts come across as inflammatory, argumentative and somewhat aggressive. Just saying.

1905 is quite a magical number, It represents the year when chelsea was founded as well as the date when chelsea won champions league or maybe it's just coincidence, just like you happened to notice only my posts that is whatever you called it is... The others have been posting in the opposite manner, haven't they? just saying.. 

Conte sees Michy, most days double sessions. He knows the player, the person and must have his reasons for not starting him. Maybe it's a confidence thing but we don't know, but I'm not going to judge Antonio on his management style when we're top of the league. People don't judge when it's a player they don't particularly like e.g. Branna, Mikel, Oscar

DeBruyne left cause the manager didnt want him, Conte was just quoted saying he wants him to stay. Apples to oranges really

Lol? You think Conte will come out to tell the world he wants Mitchy to stay? Well Conte actually said Oscar is going nowhere!

Im sure Conte will give him minutes when he thinks the time is right.
The boy is going nowhere, lets give him time to adapt.

You think he won't go anywhere? Mitchy I think has the potential to be much better than Lukaku. A lot of people knows that, most managers. And I don't think he will stay here for long because Debruyne will eventually tell him to imitate him instead of ruining his career here staying on the bench till Costa and Hazard gets injured before he can get a chance.

Batshuayi has come in two important games for us where we needed to win in the first 2 game of the season. 1 he provided the winning assist and the other he scored the equalizer and went on to win the game.
Mkhitarayan was kept out the frame for long period but he was not in the squad at all for certain periods. Batshuayi has been and the best way to get someone to adjust to the league is by giving them minutes. The game was wrapped up and it would of been good for his confidence and even for us to get another goal with his fresh legs if he came on. It was not like it was a risk bringing him on. We done so against the likes of Burnley when the score was at 2-0 and he came on and it finished 3-0. I am positive he could of found the net if he came on.
Some people are really just acting like prats for the sake of it in this thread. Especially the people who make idiotic comments such as "people finding something to moan about when our manager has guided us to our 12th straight win". I love what Conte has done and how he has got the team playing but I just believe Batshuayi could have got more minutes out there considering our no.1 striker was suspended and we had the game killed and to give one of the front free a breather. There is no harm in having a discussion about it. It is people who make the sort of comments I referred to that are adding no use because there is very useful debates from what I see.

[emoji122]

26 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Lol? You think Conte will come out to tell the world he wants Mitchy to stay? Well Conte actually said Oscar is going nowhere!

If we get 60 mill for him, that might change. We arent going to buy a striker in January and Michy isnt getting loaned out. End of

Hmm, conflicted on these reports! I'm also a Lille fan as it's where my family are from, and the team could certainly do with some quality help at the moment. I'd rather see him succeed at Chelsea though, and can't see Conte letting him leave without any backup in place...unless he doesn't see the need for any, and is happy with the Pedro/Hazard/Willian combo?!

On 29/12/2016 at 15:02, 1905 said:

To  be fair ive read far aggressive retorts from insulting name calling to questioning ones support for the club. And that's from established members on this forum.

3 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

To  be fair ive read far aggressive retorts from insulting name calling to questioning ones support for the club. And that's from established members on this forum.

I try to avoid reading them.

This weekend is a big indication as to what happens next. I'm sure if it is a PL loan, any team would want him available for the FA Cup and of course if he plays for us he'll be cup tied for his potential loan club, so if he's left out again it's almost safe to assume he's off.

Would be a shame and a waste in a way to see him loaned, however the guy needs minutes and if he goes elsewhere to get a taste for PL football, scores a hatful and comes back then great.

Llorente on the other hand... no thanks.