Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

Shades of Lukaku about it. Promising young Belgian striker signed for big money. Can't get a game. Will probably go out on loan. Let's just hope if he scores goals he actually comes back and gets a chance, instead of more loan deals.

19 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Good, then he'll have 24 hours head start to get up to speed!

Good to see you back, where were you when we sere sh*t.....

:wink:

:laugh2:

Edited by dkw
yorkleyblue likes this

a fanpost in wagnh, dont know if its true or not but seems plausible with the way things are going 

The Christmas holidays are a time of the year for catching up with people we don't see too often, and so it was that I phoned up an old friend in London. This guy happens to be pretty close to Chelsea Football Club in a professional capacity and at one time was my go-to when I needed the inside track on goings-on at the club. So I asked him what the deal was with young Michy and why he hardly ever saw any game-time, given the facts mentioned above.

Well it would seem that I'm not the only one scratching my head. Conte, the coaching staff and others at the club are a little perplexed by the lad. He's apparently in a state of prolonged adolescence and dealing with him is like dealing with a big kid apparently. He larks around at the wrong times, he's got little sense of responsibility given his age, there's question marks over his discipline and apparently the finer points of coaching and team strategy pass him by at times. Not the sharpest tool in the shed may be the kindest way of putting it. Having said all that the club recognize the potential talent they have at their disposal. Chelsea believe he can become a great player once they sort his head out and he grows up a little.

Krc-fan likes this

4 hours ago, havelschayes said:

a fanpost in wagnh, dont know if its true or not but seems plausible with the way things are going 

The Christmas holidays are a time of the year for catching up with people we don't see too often, and so it was that I phoned up an old friend in London. 

Before or after the Christmas party?

The Christmas holidays are a time of the year for catching up with people we don't see too often, and so it was that I phoned up an old friend in London. This guy happens to be pretty close to Chelsea Football Club in a professional capacity and at one time was my go-to when I needed the inside track on goings-on at the club. So I asked him what the deal was with young Michy and why he hardly ever saw any game-time, given the facts mentioned above.

Well it would seem that I'm not the only one scratching my head. Conte, the coaching staff and others at the club are a little perplexed by the lad. He's apparently in a state of prolonged adolescence and dealing with him is like dealing with a big kid apparently. He larks around at the wrong times, he's got little sense of responsibility given his age, there's question marks over his discipline and apparently the finer points of coaching and team strategy pass him by at times. Not the sharpest tool in the shed may be the kindest way of putting it. Having said all that the club recognize the potential talent they have at their disposal. Chelsea believe he can become a great player once they sort his head out and he grows up a little.

And???

Yea I remember seeing images of him at the bridge with bob square pants stuff earlier this season and the way he acts on twitter it's kind of childish too , i wouldn't be surprise if he was a panic buy since we didn't know if costa was leaving or we didn't want crystal palace or west ham to have him .

lets hope he grows up , he seems like a nice lad and I'm sure Eden , tibo or even his great friend chalobah will help him thru this 

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

He is quite funny on twitter. Rare for a player to banter with fans.

Dresses like a child though. Like the opposite extreme of barcelona players weird outfits.

But I base that purely on pictures people post for all I know he dresses averagely normally.

Edited by Stim
Krc-fan and Theafonis like this

He got a bit too much stick in the match thread today in my opinion. It sounded to me like people expected miracles from him. I would rather focus on the positives of his performance than the negatives. If i was to focus on the negatives, than i could rip Costa apart for some of the things he does every game. 

He got a goal, an assist and his hold up play, linking up with the midfielders, first touch and movement was really good. His finishing wasn't as sharp as i would like it to be, but i'm not going to hold that against him seeing as he hasn't had much game time all season. It was still a 7 out of 10 performance though which is something we haven't been getting from many of our strikers in recent seasons.

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

And if true would be a good indication of why he has played so little and might explain why Conte doesn't trust him... yet.

Or ...

There's another explanation.

A logical one.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He got a bit too much stick in the match thread today in my opinion. It sounded to me like people expected miracles from him. I would rather focus on the positives of his performance than the negatives. If i was to focus on the negatives, than i could rip Costa apart for some of the things he does every game. 

He got a goal, an assist and his hold up play, linking up with the midfielders, first touch and movement was really good. His finishing wasn't as sharp as i would like it to be, but i'm not going to hold that against him seeing as he hasn't had much game time all season. It was still a 7 out of 10 performance though which is something we haven't been getting from many of our strikers in recent seasons.

I agree. I thought he did well holding the ball up and occupying their CBs. He could have won a pk, got a goal and assist. He did well for his only his 2nd start. 

Scott Harris and Krc-fan like this

1 hour ago, Theafonis said:

Is Conte seriously considering Llorente over Michy? 

At a guess, Michy is the long-term successor for Costa as his peak should be around the time Costa begins to deteriorate (in theory). We won't need to worry about whether or not Llorente needs minutes for development, and he'll probably prefer winning trophies on more money in London than a relegation scrap with Swansea. With Ake potentially about to break into the first-team, collective faith in the loan system could be rejuvenated as more than just endless trips to Vitesse. 

I like the look of Batshuayi a lot as a striker. Explosive on his day. But unfortunately he just doesn't look ready to me at the moment. He didn't look sharp today and he's not going to get match sharpness by sitting on the bench. Therefore, I'm not convinced he'd be ready to step in if Costa was to get injured at the moment. To be totally honest I would action the 6 month loan swap with Swansea for Llorente. 

Felt a bit sorry for the bloke yesterday early in the game, he was desperate to make an impression, thankfully he took his goal and then looked a little more composed. 

I'd like to see him get more chances if we are leading comfortably in a game especially. 

wallosh and Chelsbear like this

I think that, on balance, he played OK-ish yesterday, but one of the things that was clear to me is that he may well be a talented striker with great potential, but he is not a lone striker in the mould of Diego or Drogs.  he's played a few times alongside Diego and appeared much more comfortable, and, consequently, much better.  Despite a goal and an assist, he never looked really convincing against third division opposition.

l

Zola, Argo and Jezz like this

He wont get better not playing games, he needs actual game time and to play beside the boys to improve his game just like Drogba did all those years ago.

I have the feeling some folk expected him to just come in out the wilderness and score 3 or 4 yesterday despite match sharpness being vital especially for strikers.

The good thing for me is he usually scores goals no matter if he's playing a blinder or not...that's the sign of a dependable front man.

Bobbywoodhogan, Zola, bola and 3 others like this

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I think that, on balance, he played OK-ish yesterday, but one of the things that was clear to me is that he may well be a talented striker with great potential, but he is not a lone striker in the mould of Diego or Drogs.  he's played a few times alongside Diego and appeared much more comfortable, and, consequently, much better.  Despite a goal and an assist, he never looked really convincing against third division opposition.

l

Fully agree, he looked lost at times and was unable to move the defenders around like Costa does, though in fairness if its not a position has done often it can be a very difficult thing to adjust to. I hope we keep him in the squad as an option to change to 2 up front if needs be.

yorkleyblue likes this