Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

On 06/09/2017 at 12:21, Drogbaholic said:

I don't mind players being on social media, I just think that the way his career is going I want to see some seriousness from him instead of acting like nothing at all bothers him. He just comes across as completely childish and someone who doesn't take the game seriously. 

Just because he tweets, it doesn't mean he isn't serious about his football career. I think people that are going on about his Tweets are going a bit overboard.

coco, Slojo, RIP Mourinho and 4 others like this

Despite his goal last night I thought it was a poor performance from Michy. 

He just doesn't seem to grasp a game by the scruff of the neck, step up and dominate when we play lesser opposition. His touch lets him down a lot, turns into blind alleys and makes poor passes/choices in the final third a lot. 

His goal came when we were already 4 up, home and dry. 

For a £33m player I would expect a lot more from him personally. 

His overall play last night was poor, movement in particular terrible. It could be argued that lack of game time has contributed but after a full year training with the squad he should know the runs that will be picked out by Cesc and Willian.

He had one chance and he scored. He's not the type of player that is going to create loads of chances for himself, but he's a great finisher. If the service is there he'll find the back of the net. Playing as a lone forward doesn't suit him and he has to work on that, but he gets way too much stick on here. We've only played 5 games this season. He has started 2 games and scored 1.

RIP Mourinho and wallosh like this

I think he's good at what he does - finishing. Unfortunately managers want more than that these days. That's why players like Hernandez struggle to get into big teams. They don't contribute elsewhere. 

The only thing you can say is that at least he's scoring and getting goals. He must be doing something right. 

By all accounts he's a nice lad and a good teammate. I remember Thierry Henry mentioning in one of the post match shows last season that Michy is actually more clinical when it comes to scoring inside the box than Lukaku is, and him being involved in the Belgium national team training he should know. He's also still young and seems willing to work hard and fight for the team.

That's where the positives end. Michy can't hold up the ball, not much of a dribbler or a passer and quite often can't connect with the ball cleanly. Watching him play, you soon realize that his biggest flaw is his movement, or lack thereof. In that respect players like Costa or Morata are on a different planet. He's never where he's suposed to be. An intelligent lone striker constantly offers himself to his teammates in a position to receive the ball and develop an attack further or draws the opposition defenders away to create spaces for other attackers to exploit. He does neither. Even against an opponents as poor as last night's it was blatantly obvious.

I'm also pretty sure that if Conte got Llorente or some other striker he was targeting for a back-up role, Michy'd have been loaned out or would spend yet another season on the bench.

Edited by abramovich
ForeverCarefree, Bloo and charierre like this

Physically he's what you want from a striker and he has a poacher's instinct and quickness of feet and mind better than Morata at times. What's stopping him really is his movement and technical ability.

The gap in intelligent movement between him and Morata/Costa is huge which is why the drop-off in quality of football is apparent when he starts. 

I don't think he was as terrible as some were making out. It wasn't a great performance from him, i agree with that, but it wasn't all bad. His link up play with Willian was very good at times i thought.

Some of the comments coming from people saying he is sh*t is just over the top. Playing as a lone striker combined with our style of football obviously isn't his main strengths, but that doesn't mean he is sh*t though. His one touch football is actually pretty good and i think he would work great with someone playing just behind him.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think he was as terrible as some were making out. It wasn't a great performance from him, i agree with that, but it wasn't all bad. His link up play with Willian was very good at times i thought.

Some of the comments coming from people saying he is sh*t is just over the top. Playing as a lone striker combined with our style of football obviously isn't his main strengths, but that doesn't mean he is sh*t though. His one touch football is actually pretty good and i think he would work great with someone playing just behind him.

I agree, he wasn't great but he wasn't sh*t at all. I agree he looks like he belongs in a 2 rather than up front on his own as he doesn't really know how to move defenders around, get behind them etc. But it was a match thread so unfortunately there's loads of utter bollocks spouted in them.

Clearly a raw product not helped by section of fans in the crowd getting on his back for every mistake..what is that going to do for his confidence? I think he is the kind of goalscorer who can be crap for 89 minutes but the ball will break to him once and he'll score, just like at West Brom...his all round play needs work, but this guy has a knack of scoring goals...some patience required me thinks...after all, how many games has he started for us? How many minutes?

Edited by The Brit
Deino, coco, wallosh and 1 other like this

Batshuayi is proof that we should have waited a year and signed Chris Wood

If anyone agrees with this they are an unadulterated moron

kiwi1691 likes this

Isn't cutout to be a target man but really good fox in the box. Has the knack for goals, it's a bit of a shame though considering he has the right physical qualities to be more well rounded if he improves his technical and mental side of the game.

12 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Called him out for a poor showing against CarrierBag so only fair I give him his dues tonight. Well done Michy. Gifted two of the goals but he was in the right place at the right time and that's what good strikers do.

Like I said in the match thread - two matches against very poor second division opposition and he didn't do anything that convinces me that he has it at their level, let alone ours going forward.  He looked lost for most of the match, and, whilst I accept that I might be churlish to criticise a scorer of a hat-trick, that put a gloss on a disappointingly bad performance, which was easily in the worst three performances of the night on both teams, and possibly the worst.

14 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Batshuayi is proof that we should have waited a year and signed Chris Wood

If anyone agrees with this they are an unadulterated moron

Your hidden message, sums you up.

wallosh and Sexyfootball like this