Julian Draxler

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hazard does it better and with more composure; it looks to me like Draxler has peaked, and whilst very good at such a young age, the gap is closing and he hasn't improved much. Like Wilshere and Joe Cole, probably Will Hughes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

If Oscar moves on I honestly think Draxler would be a fantastic replacement! He's quick, good with both feet and isn't afraid to shoot from outside the box + he's young! He's also recently revealed that he wants to leave Wolfsburg (as per the link below). Go get him Conte!!!!  :JC_doubleup: 

http://www.espnfc.com.au/vfl-wolfsburg/story/2922051/julian-draxler-made-wolfsburg-aware-he-wanted-to-leave-three-weeks-ago

We'd be buying him for the sake of buying him. We have players galore in his positions. What we need is a centre back. Unless we offer Cuadrado as a swap and find a buyer for Moses I just don't see the space in squad for him.

Agreed mate, a cb and a lb (with Baba now gone) should be first on the shopping list but Draxler has immense talent and in my opinion we really don't have much quality depth in comparison to a lot of our rivals which is why I think (granted that Oscar does actually leave) that I'd be happy to see Draxler in a Chelsea shirt  :smile:

We'd be buying him for the sake of buying him. We have players galore in his positions. What we need is a centre back. Unless we offer Cuadrado as a swap and find a buyer for Moses I just don't see the space in squad for him.

There would be space for Draxler in a 4-4-2/4-2-4 formation, if we moved Hazard into one of the striker positions. With Costa staying it would make alot more sense spending money on Draxler, instead of Lukaku. However we need a center back and a left back before anything else atm.

Maybe a starting XL

....................................COURTOIS

........CAHILL..........BONNUCCI..........JT

WILLIAN....KANTE....CESC....MATIC....DRAXLER

.........................HAZARD.................

........................................COSTA

Draxler is easily better than anyone we've got playing in those positions except for Hazard.Buying for the sake of buying is what we've been doing by stockpiiling the likes of Salah, Cuadrado, Pedro, Marin, Kenedy, Atsu, Moses etc. Draxler, on the other hand, is a top talent.

Yes, we've got other areas that need strengthening more but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look into an opportubity to bring in genuine quality no matter what position he plays. I'd sell Cuadrado, Moses and Pedro if it meant I can replace them all with Draxler.

Edited by abramovich

Maybe a starting XL

....................................COURTOIS

........CAHILL..........BONNUCCI..........JT

WILLIAN....KANTE....CESC....MATIC....DRAXLER

.........................HAZARD.................

........................................COSTA

If that ever happened we would get ripped apart on the flanks.

4-4-2/4-2-4:

--------------Courtois-----------

Azp---Zouma-Kalibouly--J.Hector

-------Kante--Mathudi/Fab------

Willian----Hazard--Costa/Bat---Draxler

Thats what I would do to make this formation work. Sell Oscar + Mikel or Matic.

Edited by comtrend

4-4-2/4-2-4:

--------------Courtois-----------

Azp---Zouma-Kalibouly--J.Hector

-------Kante--Mathudi/Fab------

Willian----Hazard--Costa/Bat---Draxler

Thats what I would do to make this formation work. Sell Oscar + Mikel or Matic.

That would mean bringing in 4 major players and spending over £100 million without even taking into account the heavy links of Lukaku coming back for over £50 million, I doubt we will be doing that.

That would mean bringing in 4 major players and spending over £100 million without even taking into account the heavy links of Lukaku coming back for over £50 million, I doubt we will be doing that.

We seem prepared to spend £50mil-£60mil on Lukaku and are also rumoured to spend £38mil on Koulibaly. With Costa staying we can just drop our pursuit of Lukaku and spend £50mil-£60mil on J.Hector + Draxler instead. Then sell Oscar + Matic and buy Mathudi.

Apparently they want 70 million euros for him........ha ha ha. football is mental.

I can imagine they got hit by the VW emissions scandal so may be forced to sell... unlikely to happen but hopefully we can do a deal for Rodriguez/Draxler. We sold them Schurrle/De Bruyne from which they made a profit so they may be more willing to give us "first option" (perhaps more so if we throw in Baba/Van Ginkel/Christensen/Pasalic)

Edited by the special one

I can imagine they got hit by the VW emissions scandal so may be forced to sell... unlikely to happen but hopefully we can do a deal for Rodriguez/Draxler. We sold them Schurrle/De Bruyne from which they made a profit so they may be more willing to give us "first option" (perhaps more so if we throw in Baba/Van Ginkel/Christensen/Pasalic)

Still annoyed we got rid of Schurrle. Could of really helped us last season

• 4 months later...