Carlo Cudicini back at Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Thought he won the golden gloves in Roman's first season and he received it against Leeds on the last game of the season which was also Claudio last game

Maybe I have my seasons mixed up but I was at the Leeds game and nearly sure he won the golden gloves. Maybe getting forgetful in my old age lol

Yeah cech came in the same summer as mourinho.

Yeah cech came in the same summer as mourinho.

Yeah big blue I know that it's just someone said he was plauged by injury in Roman's first year which as far as I remember he had a great season that year and was very consistent.

Edited by bluegraham

Yeah big blue I know that it's just someone said he was plauged by injury in Roman's first year which as far as I remember he had a great season that year and was very consistent.

Sorry didnt read it properly! You are right though he was the best keeper in the league when cech replaced him.

Always liked carlo, he made some unbelievable saves. I feel he will be more involved in trying to translate conte's italian passion, rather than anything particular tactical.

He seems very eloquent, so i think it's a role he will thrive in. The more old boys around the place, the better imo.

Sorry didnt read it properly! You are right though he was the best keeper in the league when cech replaced him.

Always liked carlo, he made some unbelievable saves. I feel he will be more involved in trying to translate conte's italian passion, rather than anything particular tactical.

He seems very eloquent, so i think it's a role he will thrive in. The more old boys around the place, the better imo.

Yeah top keeper gave him player of the year from our supporters club back in 2002 he was a nice guy. I was just about to ask him for he's gloves then someone else did before me and he gave them to him. Remember he's save up in old Trafford in the 3-3 game it was unreal. Top man

Great news.  Legend of the club and it's so great to see legends be involved with Chelsea.

I don't remember exactly how I felt but I loved Carlo Cudicini and I didn't foresee him becoming second choice. I think people forget how good Carlo was, he was consistently the best keeper in this country for years.

Yeah, he was a top class goal keeper.  Just a shame there were so many good Italian keepers back then because he was good enough to at least make the squad, even as 3rd choice keeper.

Thought he won the golden gloves in Roman's first season and he received it against Leeds on the last game of the season which was also Claudio last game

Maybe I have my seasons mixed up but I was at the Leeds game and nearly sure he won the golden gloves. Maybe getting forgetful in my old age lol

No, he won the Golden Glove award at the end of the 2002-2003 season.

Carlo was reduced to 26 appearances in the 2003-2004 season, as opposed to the 2002-2003 season where he managed 36 of 38 appearances and played a major role in our rise to the top 4 that year.

Edited by Jezz