Rangers - 2016/17 Match Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, carrickblue said:

are you not able to see this @Boyne ?

it has been dreadful so far - I have no idea what our game plan is

@carrickblueI don't have Sky at home. Did think about going to to the pub where the London Rangers supporters club meet but left it to late. Will try and find a website which is streaming the game but giving how it all sounds and from what you've written it could be like watching torture. Need to step it up in the second half.

1 minute ago, Boyne said:

@carrickblueI don't have Sky at home. Did think about going to to the pub where the London Rangers supporters club meet but left it to late. Will try and find a website which is streaming the game but giving how it all sounds and from what you've written it could be like watching torture. Need to step it up in the second half.

They need a swift kick up the ar*e at HT. Played this like it's a pre-season friendly. Having said that, Celtic have also made very few chances and there's only 1 goal in it.

How depressing this season has been...knew rangers weren't ready to challenge for the title yet, but didn't expect Celtic to wipe the floor with rangers in every game...hoping for some miracle turnaround, but the gulf between the sides is huge...obviously big reason for that in terms of budget, but doesn't make it any less painful, especially with fraud Rodgers claiming any kind of credit

Depressing. Need to play a lot better when they meet at Ibrox next week. A victory would be good even if it's only for pride. Just had a quick look on Follow Follow. As you can imagine the Bears aren't happy. Waghorn in particular has received a lot of stick.

Waghorn was terrible today, couldn't hit a donkeys a*** with a banjo.

Totally outfought on the park, looked like coming back into it the start of the second half then the penalty killed it.

Just need to get the season over now and give the manager a chance with his own players.

After the pathetic performance last week my expectations for today are at an all time low. I don't  mind getting thumped if the team puts up a fight but there was little sign that Pedro or the players were up for it last week at all.

This'll probably be another 2 or 3 goal win for Sellick

FFS. I didn't watch the game as was busy. Sounds depressing. When I think of the greats e.g. Greig, Jardine, Cooper etc who have played for the 'Gers it is soul destroying to see what has happened.Will be interesting to see which players come in during the summer and who will leave.

6 minutes ago, Boyne said:

FFS. I didn't watch the game as was busy. Sounds depressing. When I think of the greats e.g. Greig, Jardine, Cooper etc who have played for the 'Gers it is soul destroying to see what has happened.Will be interesting to see which players come in during the summer and who will leave.

Heard Derek Johnstone speaking after the game - simply said he was embarrassed and I am sure every Rangers man is embarrassed by that today. I don't think this Caxinha guy knows what he is doing. After the game he said that "every Rangers player had done the job he had been asked to do" If that's the case they are is serious trouble and he is clearly clueless. 

The real trouble Rangers face is that they've no money to invest in the squad and they've no players of interest to other clubs who they can sell to spark an overhaul. I'm beggining to think they need to scout Europe for young guys they can bring in on loan. They desperately need to strengthen the spine of the team from back to front. 

17 hours ago, carrickblue said:

Heard Derek Johnstone speaking after the game - simply said he was embarrassed and I am sure every Rangers man is embarrassed by that today. I don't think this Caxinha guy knows what he is doing. After the game he said that "every Rangers player had done the job he had been asked to do" If that's the case they are is serious trouble and he is clearly clueless. 

The real trouble Rangers face is that they've no money to invest in the squad and they've no players of interest to other clubs who they can sell to spark an overhaul. I'm beggining to think they need to scout Europe for young guys they can bring in on loan. They desperately need to strengthen the spine of the team from back to front. 

@carrickblueAs you say there is no money to invest in the club. And goodness knows if Ashley, Whyte, Green (and even David Murray?) try and sting the club for money. As for players it's difficult to know who in the current squad would interest other clubs. Barrie Mackay? Yes, the solution could be to scout Europe for young players and it may be a while before the 'Gers get back to where they belong. And in that time, the Sellick may have won ten in a row. The  thought of that fills me with dread.

Still, WATP.

It is depressing. You have to wonder how long can Scottish football survive if the gap between Celtic and the rest stays as it is. Every game being a foregone conclusion will eventually kill media and wider interest. A couple more seasons of massively one-sided Old Firm fixtures and even that ceases to be a contest. 10 in a row seems more likely than not, it could be 12 or 15. In that case we are talking about a league that's one of the weakest in the world and maybe if we are being honest that is where Scottish football is.   

On 4/30/2017 at 12:55, carrickblue said:

It is depressing. You have to wonder how long can Scottish football survive if the gap between Celtic and the rest stays as it is. Every game being a foregone conclusion will eventually kill media and wider interest. A couple more seasons of massively one-sided Old Firm fixtures and even that ceases to be a contest. 10 in a row seems more likely than not, it could be 12 or 15. In that case we are talking about a league that's one of the weakest in the world and maybe if we are being honest that is where Scottish football is.   

It will be a worry if the gap between Celtic and the others stays as it is or, even worse, increases. It could be a while before Rangers are back to where they belong. Even Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and the two Dundee clubs are not the sides they were a few years back. Much as it pains me to say, the Aberdeen side that Ferguson managed in the early eighties was a good side. Celtic fans may enjoy the fact that they are running with the title and could win 10 or more titles in a row but the lack of competition is not helping them in Europe. I know they have raised their game on occasions against Barca and City but in the end they have been found lacking.

And as for the National Side a dearth of talent. I think the last decent Scottish player was Barry Ferguson. When I think back of the great Scottish players - and a load played for Chelsea - it makes think what has happened.

A shame that Jock Wallace is no longer around. He wouldn't have suffered any crap from the players at Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 23:21, carrickblue said:

Just read that Rangers are likely to be in 17/18 season Europa League action on 29 June!

That's mad.

Doesn't give the players much of a break. Crazy playing a match at the end of June. Hopefully they can progress to the Group Stage. One of my cousins who is a ST holder at Ibrox was at yesterday's game and had a bet on Rangers to win 2-1 with Miller to score the first goal. Odds were 33-1. My cousin won £170.

13 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

I know - wonder if JT would fancy a spell at Ibrox to sort them out :laugh2:

Chelsea legends v Rangers legends at Sutton on 17 June. A few of the 'Gers legends could do a good job for the current team. Am going to the match. Should be a fun day out.

Image result for chelsea legends v rangers legends