So what were you doing just over 10 years ago?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

My son's birthday is 26 July so 10 years ago I would have been helping him celebrate his 13th birthday - I can't remember what he did that year but it may have been a mass camping in the garden with his friends.  

Looks like I joined a year later - membership number 1143.  I don't think I posted for ages though - is there any way of seeing what/when my first posts were?  I do remember being very nervous and being reassured and welcomed by Moi - whom I have subsequently had the pleasure of meeting - as well as Charles Ryder, Yorkley Blue, Geezer and Noseatingintheshedinmyday (I think that was her user name - she sadly doesn't post any more) - are there any others I've missed?  I will no doubt manage to meet up with Jezza on the fun bus some day!

I was never part of the old CSR, ten years ago I had never heard of this site. I've got no idea of my original membership number, but I think I first registered sometime during early 2007.

Ten years ago today, I was celebrating my fiftieth birthday.

So now you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful place, wonderful people!

10 years ago I was in the States for a year, then came back here for final year of uni..... been working ever since, got engaged, bought a house, marrying next year. Time goes fast!!

Ah the old csr...a classic forum and I was gutted when it shut out of nowhere...thankfully some of the old guard weren't lost for good and made it here...

In 10 years, a lot has happened in my personal life...more importantly I have seen cfc win two titles, four fa cups, one league cup, one Europa league and of course the champions league...wahey!

10 years ago I thought Pauly was cool and Butch was 100% right about Adriano.

:/

I remember being on the CSR site mostly watching people disagree with Kenn while procrastinating studying. Still, I found the site infinitely better than the totalitarian state that was CFCNet at the time!

better than the totalitarian state that was CFCNet at the time!

Do you mean when they had that rule that all posts had to be authorised by the admin/mods before it got put on the boards ? that was awful.

Do you mean when they had that rule that all posts had to be authorised by the admin/mods before it got put on the boards ? that was awful.

That's exactly how I ended up stumbling here! I was like f**kkk that!