Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

1 minute ago, Zeta Orionis said:

Oh, it's the Member Title bit at the top is it? I was looking for a field that said "Legend" for me to change.

I think legend is one of the random ones you get if you dont write anything in the box.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 17:44, Mod Stark said:

If you click 'source', is that what you mean?

Screenshot_1.jpg

I'm not getting it for desktop either. I've tried three different browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome). It's really very helpful especially when you want to split a quote and reply to each subpart of the quote.

On 9/30/2016 at 16:40, Mod Stark said:

No, it won't. Did you have that for certain on the last 3.4 version of the forum?

I don't one what version of the forum is what. I had the source button under the "old look" right before the major look change. I used the source button a lot. 

I have an issue with the new version of the site: it would seem that there is a clock running whenever you're logged in. In recent days I have written some lengthy posts after which I go to post same only to find that my username has been timed out. You can then imagine the frustration where one has to go through the whole process again. So what is the clock time period? Perhaps you could let us know. Another issue albeit less important is that on the old site, you could always see at the bottom of any particular open thread as to which posters were viewing same. Now you can't which I think is a shame - especially in circumstances where there is a discussion taking place.

5 hours ago, youlots said:

I have an issue with the new version of the site: it would seem that there is a clock running whenever you're logged in. In recent days I have written some lengthy posts after which I go to post same only to find that my username has been timed out. You can then imagine the frustration where one has to go through the whole process again. So what is the clock time period? Perhaps you could let us know. Another issue albeit less important is that on the old site, you could always see at the bottom of any particular open thread as to which posters were viewing same. Now you can't which I think is a shame - especially in circumstances where there is a discussion taking place.

Do you allow your browser to save your login details? When the site was first upgraded I had the same issue at work, but after I saved my e-mail address/password in the browser it hasn't happened since. Admittedly doing that goes against my internet instincts, but it did make the site experience far less frustrating!

youlots likes this

@youlots It sounds like a cookies issue saved in the browser still seeing the old version. Flush your cookies and cache, then re-login clicking the remember me box.

Also, as plokoon says, for back-up, also have have the browser remember the details.

I'll have a look into the members browsing forum thing, I think it was removed to originally make everything faster.

youlots likes this

As a rule, a good habit to get into would be after you've typed out a long post on a forum or anything online really, copy it to your clipboard in case something goes tits up, then you can just paste it back in, instead of writing it all again. I do it all the time.

youlots likes this

2 hours ago, Zeta Orionis said:

As a rule, a good habit to get into would be after you've typed out a long post on a forum or anything online really, copy it to your clipboard in case something goes tits up, then you can just paste it back in, instead of writing it all again. I do it all the time.

Another tip is to keep your posts short. :-)

moi and youlots like this

@youlots Its a cookie issue your end. When i type an unfinished post and close the page down completely and leave the website, then when i come back in again, it automatically saves the unfinished post in the text editor down the bottom of the page on the same thread you were on.

youlots likes this

On 10/18/2016 at 02:19, youlots said:

Another issue albeit less important is that on the old site, you could always see at the bottom of any particular open thread as to which posters were viewing same. Now you can't which I think is a shame - especially in circumstances where there is a discussion taking place.

I've just added that back at the bottom of forums/topics.

As for the cookie thing. There was an update added today and part of that was increasing the 'remember me' cookie from 7 to 30 days, that might help too.

youlots, coco and Adam like this

On 9/29/2016 at 02:40, Mod Stark said:

I did actually change the size the other day as they were a lot smaller originally. I took it to 140px and they looked too big so I think settled on 130px.

On mobile version, they will be smaller to make it light.

I think they are all blurry now. Potentially me going blind though