David Luiz back at Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Could find several videos like this from John Stones mistakes but he's still good with the ball at his feet. 

48 minutes ago, ashwin said:

What? This was a very risky pass, and that's it. It hardly shows that he is bad with the ball at his feet. Even Messi misplaces passes sometimes. Hazard misplaces his fair few. Pogba misplaces 20 passes a game.

I really don't get this leap of logic here. You misplace a pass or two and therefore you are bad with ball at your feet?

From Chelsea standards, I like Christensen by the way I think he's a great player but I don't think he's good with the ball. I'm surprised so many people say it's one of his good traits because I don't think he's ever been comfortable with it. I watched a good 95% of our games last season and I was never keen on Christensen's passing or control in general.

That's just one video I'm very aware, in no way was that my full argument, what I'm showing is the prime error what most people know about. Has John Stones really made a pass like that? That was a very bad error by Christensen and it actually reeked of nervous from the Barcelona pressing. Whereas Rudiger had probably his best game in a Chelsea shirt that game, handled the Barcelona pressing like a boss. After that game Christensen was making the same errors in his passing, he was knocked off confidence. 

For me I just cannot even put him in a bracket close to David Luiz, he's leagues behind in the passing game, but way ahead in the defensive game. I just think the David Luiz comparison made by the original poster (True Blue) was bizarre, I wouldn't trust Christensen with the ball over Luiz, not at all, Luiz is cool as a cucumber with the ball, the bloke doesn't even look when he passes the ball at times he's that confident with it. 

Edited by Slojo

On 27/08/2018 at 09:53, Scott said:

‘We played another great game, it’s always difficult to get points at Newcastle but we controlled the game.’

David Luiz 

:face_palm:

And what is actually incorrect in that, enough for you to dig out an infantile yellow thingy?

On 28/08/2018 at 18:50, Slojo said:

Has John Stones really made a pass like that?

Stones made some horrific errors in his first year at City, he was getting laughed at left, right and centre for being a total waste of money and a liability. People need to give young players more leeway, otherwise we're never going to have a path for them into the first team.

54 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's looking like David Luiz under AVB again, has a mistake in him every game and you can almost bet he'll do something that'll more than likely cost us a goal. It's so hard to like him as a player. 

I actually thought  he was our only decent performing defender (maybe Ivan aswell) under AVB, it's RDM's full time stint he was a mess.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

I actually thought  he was our only decent performing defender (maybe Ivan aswell) under AVB, it's RDM's full time stint he was a mess.

At first, but around November to February just before AVB got sacked he was awful, like every game it was a mistake and the opposition scored from it. I remember him being awful under RDM afterwards also but RDM actually got better performances out of him after AVB got sacked. For the rest of that season that was anyway. 

1 hour ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

TBF he usually steps it up for big games.

You mean like the CL final? What’s annoying is he can defend despite popular sentiment if he kept his head in the game for 90 minutes, but he just can’t do that game in game out out whatever reason and at this level it’s costky 

He has so many great attributes and with the right mindset he really could be an excellent centre half. Unfortunately he shows lapses in concentration a handful of times in just about every game he plays in, especially against teams we expect to beat. He doesn’t sense danger well enough, he could’ve easily been the cause of a Bournemouth goal today and should’ve attacked the ball to clear it at Newcastle last week. 

He was actually appalling today and had bournemouth scored 2 goals we could of easily been looking at an undeserved defeat solely down to him. Its mistake after mistake and we are lucky it didnt cost us last week or today. Its not like christensen is vastly inferior to him in a passing and attacking sense..but defensively he is just miles better. Him or ampadu need to be starting games.

Its a shame really because the rest of the 11 are spot on, its just him.

Edited by Oli

I think sarri is ok with the risk Luiz is in order to make use of his passing range.

Though let us not forget, all those calling for Andreas to start, how much he got panned for defensive brain farts, or luiz moments, last season, as did Cahill. 

Luiz is not keeping JT on the bench. Far bigger crime picking willian, who makes gronkjaers end product look stellar, ahead of pedro.

11 hours ago, sonic90 said:

Him being attracted to the attacker coming at him is a big problem, he has tunnel vision and locks on that one guy ignoring all else. The reason he was so perfect during 16-17 was because he had 2 CBs for cover. If he played last season as well we wouldn't have suffered as much. 

Absolutely bang on, he's far too easily drawn out of position and leaves huge gaps, I would hate to partner him as you know you've got to cover him while also doing your own job. 

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I think sarri is ok with the risk Luiz is in order to make use of his passing range.

Though let us not forget, all those calling for Andreas to start, how much he got panned for defensive brain farts, or luiz moments, last season, as did Cahill. 

Luiz is not keeping JT on the bench. Far bigger crime picking willian, who makes gronkjaers end product look stellar, ahead of pedro.

I agree with the risk vs passing range sentiment, but yesterday’s game, for example, I can’t think of any long range passes at all or even any sharp forward passes.  Everything seemed to be sideways to Rüdiger or Alonso.  If he’s being kept in the team for his ball playing and passing ability, then he needs to be making those passes, otherwise it doesn’t outweigh the risks.

Simply put he aint Chels standard no more......we have gotten away with it somehow so far but that train will wreck us sooner rather than later. I dont care what other quality aspects he has.....his main one should be defending and reading danger.......not f**king take a nap while being attacked. Christensen has to be there.