Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

pacquiao

David Luiz back at Chelsea

11 hours ago, Nickcook26 said:

Confirmed as missing out on the Brazil World Cup squad which was named today.

Not how he would have planned his season at all.

Through injury or just not selected? 

I remember the good times of David Luiz, under Rafa Benítez. There are rumors about David Luiz going to Napoli along with Benítez..

Just sad for his development

58 minutes ago, Mr Ransome said:

I remember the good times of David Luiz, under Rafa Benítez.

You mean under Conte. Best period of his career.

And he is 31. What development.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

He’s nowhere near finished at Chelsea, unless Conte stays.

And if he is 'frozen out' and not 'injured'.

Regardless of age and regardless of supposed qualities and, indeed, deficiencies, surely we are all on the same page that as a holding midfielder Luiz would have added a massive amount of value to us this season, with Kante patrolling in front of the defence, Luiz marauding into the oppostiion half and working with Fabregas to feed the advanced players. Even picking up the loose balls that clown Morata fails to control. Effectively the role i genuinely thought that Baka would end up doing for us.

No way has Luiz been injured all season. I just feel that in a season where we have been found wanting in this aea of the pitch it is so frustrating that the attitude of our manager has undermined this crucial position and a player that could have had another stellar season with us.

35 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

there was a lost match earlier in the season and after one of the conceded goals luiz was pictured laughing. I might be wrong but i do not think he has played since ?

I hate those kinds of things, he may have been laughing at a joke someone told him.

50 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Regardless of age and regardless of supposed qualities and, indeed, deficiencies, surely we are all on the same page that as a holding midfielder Luiz would have added a massive amount of value to us this season, with Kante patrolling in front of the defence, Luiz marauding into the oppostiion half and working with Fabregas to feed the advanced players. Even picking up the loose balls that clown Morata fails to control. Effectively the role i genuinely thought that Baka would end up doing for us.

No way has Luiz been injured all season. I just feel that in a season where we have been found wanting in this aea of the pitch it is so frustrating that the attitude of our manager has undermined this crucial position and a player that could have had another stellar season with us.

In theory maybe because of the problems in that position, but he would have been a sticky plaster solution at best.

43 minutes ago, Argo said:

In theory maybe because of the problems in that position, but he would have been a sticky plaster solution at best.

Not sure of that. Prior to last season's excellent defensive performances the majority of fans and a number of pundits were stating that Luiz was more of a natural holding midfielder/libero, with his ball control, desire to play with his head up and the danger of his sometimes rash challenges

14 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Not sure of that. Prior to last season's excellent defensive performances the majority of fans and a number of pundits were stating that Luiz was more of a natural holding midfielder/libero, with his ball control, desire to play with his head up and the danger of his sometimes rash challenges

His ball playing skills are good for a defender but for me not as a midfielder and he's often a big reason as to why the ball keeps coming back at us. Him in midfield is allright if we are playing mainly on the counter, but in games we try to take the initiative (see Roma at home) he and as a consequence the midfield as a whole end up all at sea.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

His ball playing skills are good for a defender but for me not as a midfielder and he's often a big reason as to why the ball keeps coming back at us. Him in midfield is allright if we are playing mainly on the counter, but in games we try to take the initiative (see Roma at home) he and as a consequence the midfield as a whole end up all at sea.

I don't disagree with you but i wouldn't go as far as saying it is a sticky plaster option.

I think you should use all the clubs in your bag. Regardless of the whys and wherefores regarding transfers and the clubs supposed ambition, this was the group of players taht he had. Last season he used all of the players at his disposal, including playing some out of position, such as Moses. Burning bridges like this just seems short sighted in the extreme.

11 minutes ago, Argo said:

Agree 100%.

Luiz is okay in midfield at a pinch, but he chases the ball like a dog in the park, and he would be exposed if he played there regularly. 

6 minutes ago, big blue said:

Agree 100%.

Luiz is okay in midfield at a pinch, but he chases the ball like a dog in the park, and he would be exposed if he played there regularly. 

As with Argo, i don't disagree with you, other than to say that i, along with many others felt he routinely exposed himself (Ooh missus) when playing in defence until Conte worked with him and got probably the best season out of Luiz that any manager has done, as a defender in a three.

I just think that if Conte hadn't hoisted his own petard by manipulating the press as his own soapbox against the board purely as a defensive mechanism against his own frailties he could have repeated the feat with the likes of Luiz in midfield, Baka, even Morata.

I long for the Conte that we first saw, the industrious, creative Conte revolutionising an underperforming squad ino the best it could be, rather than the bitching, moaning, self indulgent child that he has become, alienating himself from the fans and players alike.

14 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

As with Argo, i don't disagree with you, other than to say that i, along with many others felt he routinely exposed himself (Ooh missus) when playing in defence until Conte worked with him and got probably the best season out of Luiz that any manager has done, as a defender in a three.

I just think that if Conte hadn't hoisted his own petard by manipulating the press as his own soapbox against the board purely as a defensive mechanism against his own frailties he could have repeated the feat with the likes of Luiz in midfield, Baka, even Morata.

I long for the Conte that we first saw, the industrious, creative Conte revolutionising an underperforming squad ino the best it could be, rather than the bitching, moaning, self indulgent child that he has become, alienating himself from the fans and players alike.

Luiz could've been a big player for us this season, but I don't doubt that he has been sidelined through injury more anything more sinister. 

The press are so quick to speculate on drama in the chelsea dressing room, if there was a falling out, you would think it would have been leaked and reported on heavily, but there have been very few if any, reports of Luiz being frozen out.

Not going to fool myself and think Luiz would have made us any better than 5th but simply having his leadership and determination on the pitch would have made a world of difference in performances. 

I refuse to believe he has been out all this time due to injury. For whatever reason Conte has frozen him out and I don't like it one bit. 

13 hours ago, big blue said:

Agree 100%.

We have struggled this year against teams who "chases the ball like a dog in the park," most notably just teh other day against Newcastle.  Not my idea of good football, but it's very effective for the "lesser" teams that we should be beating.  (That's all of them, by the way!)

4 hours ago, Remodez said:

Not going to fool myself and think Luiz would have made us any better than 5th but simply having his leadership and determination on the pitch would have made a world of difference in performances. 

I refuse to believe he has been out all this time due to injury. For whatever reason Conte has frozen him out and I don't like it one bit. 

Hopefully when Conte goes the new manager will give Luiz a chance and maybe have a sit down with him.