Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Blueblur

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

Wales, stripped of Bale and Allen, were so ordinary it was painful. I'll exempt Ramsey from that - he was utter sh*te. About one game in ten he shows flashes of quality, but tonight he was the Ramsey we see 90% of the time.

Fair play to Ireland they battled hard to the bitter end and took their one chance expertly. From then on Wales never really came close, and an equaliser would have knocked us both out.

We produce one world class player every couple of decades, and to be without him in such a vital winner-takes-all game is unbelievable bad luck. It ranks alongside losing John Charles for the WC QF v Brazil in 1958, being knocked out by a cheating Joe Jordan in 1978, being knocked out by a travesty of a penalty v Scotland in 1985, Bodin hitting the bar with a pen v Rumania in 1993, and Ryan Giggs being unavailable for about 20 years under Ferguson. 

We have a proud history of excuses.

Edited by Backbiter

48 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Stellar result for Ireland tonight, glad to get one more game out of my season ticket now with the playoffs, and hopefully book a little holiday to Russia in June after that.

Ha, ha that was exactly my reaction too. My daughter wants us to draw Portugal!

If we qualify we will grace the tournament with our 268 passes attempted, 189 completed.

Wales the underdog scucces from the Euros out, the other successful underdog, Iceland win their group!

Northern Ireland qualify too.

Could be a chance for Wales gone as not sure Bale will make another WC and no other Welsh players quite have that World Class ability as it stands.

6 hours ago, Boyne said:

DENMARK V REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Oh dear. One the one hand I want my office roommate - an ardent supporter of Lasse Schöne of Denmark and Ajax - to happily watch her favourite player at the World Cup; on the other hand I want the Irish members - and their brothers :tongue: - of this forum to be able to cheer on their country.

As I said, oh dear... Which country to support :drama:?

13 hours ago, Valerie said:

Oh dear. One the one hand I want my office roommate - an ardent supporter of Lasse Schöne of Denmark and Ajax - to happily watch her favourite player at the World Cup; on the other hand I want the Irish members - and their brothers :tongue: - of this forum to be able to cheer on their country.

As I said, oh dear... Which country to support :drama:?

And to possibly further complicate your dilemma, one of our players, Christensen, plays for Denmark. 

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

And to possibly further complicate your dilemma, one of our players, Christensen, plays for Denmark. 

Hmm, I want him to gain high level experience, but I also want him rested for the start of the new season.... 

:mad: