Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
MissouriBlue

Ronaldinho retires

So I see the Brazilian legend Ronaldinho has decided to retired at the end of the season. End of an era, has to go in top 10 players of all time for me, for sure.

I don't think I will ever forget that ridiculous goal against us in Champs League.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by MissouriBlue
JoseBlues likes this

In terms of pure talent he's obviously one of the best there ever was, like the original Ronaldo he was an unstoppable force in his prime. While I think it's futile to compare either player with Messi and Ronaldo in terms of talent since they're all about the same level, Messi and Ronaldo's achievements also represent the level Ronaldo and Ronaldinho could have reached if it were not for injuries and off-field drama.

g3.7 likes this

Out of all the footballers I have seen in my time he is the one who excited and entertained me the most.

The things he done with a ball was simply ridiculous.

He chucked it at 28/9 but had he not I have no doubts he'd be regarded as one of the greatest ever footballers.

On his day he was in a league of his own.

Along with Zidane, he's the most skilful player I've ever seen but he couldn't sustain it for a long period of time with his decline beginning after the 2006 World Cup.

Terrific player and one I respected even if he terrorised us for Barca in the mid-2000s.

Edited by Jezz

2nd best Barca player I've seen against us over the years and numerous games. The first? Obscure choice and only a cameo.... Chelsea 3-0 v Barca and they bring on Jari Litmanen. Mulletted player with the pace of Cahill in a swamp but he totally bossed the last 30 mins and set up the equalizer. Second leg we took it to extra time (Flo again) losing 6-4 on agg

Shame he threw his talent away with the excessive partying. Once he lost his hunger, he was never the same. Tbh, I struggle to think of another player who had a fall from grace anywhere near as bad as his, most kids don't even remember him now.

Have to agree with Scott, on talent alone he was one of the greatest players in history. I remember being absolutely terrified every time he touched the ball back during our CL encounters and I feel privileged to have watched him in his prime.

Jezz likes this

Feels surreal it's already been 11 years. It only feels like yesterday since Ronaldinho was the best player in the world.

Super Frank finished second in 2005! Something he should be incredibly proud of.